Credibility on the number of grafts

Is there some way to ask the surgeon for a proof that the number of grafts that was estimated was implanted without sounding obtrusive?

I would not want to piss him off but I would also like to know I get what I paid for...

Any thought ... any suggestions .... would be much appreciated!

Most top docs have a tech nearby with a click counter. I recall while in my medicated fog listening to the #'s counted off. Sure it was acccurate, +/- a few.

Maybe ask what their system is?

I know it's been discussed previously , but I can't imagine any reputable surgeon would cheat on the grafts placed . It would only take getting caught once to have a serious impact on their career .

I've seen others mention takng high definition photographs post op and counting them .

Oh , and as esrec says , just ask him how he records the grafts .

The proper protocol is that the grafts are separated into groupings of single, doubles, triples, as the strip is being dissected.

As the techs implant the grafts, they are supposed to make notations in the patient's chart as to how many grafts were placed by their groups and where they were implanted. Then a grand total is calculated and the surgeon comes in for a final inspection before the patient is released to post-care.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

All of these things are true, but keep in mind. If a doc wants to cheat you he only has disect your 2s into 1s or 4s into 2s and so on. You still get a legit number of grafts but not true folicular units. So, imo, if youhaven't built a trust with your doc that you are going to get what you pay for, you should chose another doc or work on your relationship with the clinic.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you for everyone's input. In the end it is just a leap of faith. Although I prefer it was tangible and transparent. Some system should be put in place universally. Probably as Dr Vories mentioned in a similar post - photo documention after the end of extraction.