Dr. Rahal 2597 Grafts/One Session/26 Months Post Op

This patient received 2597 grafts in November 2007 to re-establish his hairline and temporal regions.

Breakdown:

Singles: 595

Doubles: 1674

Triples: 326

Quads: 2

pre1ba.jpg

pre2ba.jpg

pre3ba.jpg

pre4ba.jpg

pre10ba.jpg

pre11ba.jpg

pre8ba.jpg

pre9ba.jpg

post1ba.jpg

post2ba.jpg

post3ba.jpg

post4ba.jpg

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by hdude46:

This result could have been accomplished with half as many grafts...don't understand the need to waste grafts. looks good otherwise...

If they used half as many grafts it wouldn't look like this. When a patient has thick existing hair you have to match that thickness which takes a lot of grafts. 1300 grafts would have looked way too thin.

Originally posted by hdude46:

This result could have been accomplished with half as many grafts...don't understand the need to waste grafts. looks good otherwise...

The same area could have been covered with half as many grafts but it wouldn't have been nearly as dense. It wouldn't look as good under all lighting conditions.

That's some wild hair!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Originally posted by mattj:

The same area could have been covered with half as many grafts but it wouldn't have been nearly as dense. It wouldn't look as good under all lighting conditions.

This, and the actual remifications for HT patients, couldn't be overstated. It ties in to just how crucial.."adequate"..documentation can be, in giving a viewer the best apprecation for the work, and result as it is.

There can be multiple realities to a HT simply because we are so often dealing with an illusion. Where on the scale of the illusion you happen to stand, and the real-world implications of this, are things that should always be taken into account.

One reason why well-lit, HD pics -- not unlike these -- would ideally be a status quo in documentation. And HD vid can't be beat.

Nice result. Natural and dense.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

This, and the actual remifications for HT patients, couldn't be overstated. It ties in to just how crucial.."adequate"..documentation can be, in giving a viewer the best apprecation for the work, and result as it is.

There can be multiple realities to a HT simply because we are so often dealing with an illusion. Where on the scale of the illusion you happen to stand, and the real-world implications of this, are things that should always be taken into account.

One reason why well-lit, HD pics -- not unlike these -- would ideally be a status quo in documentation. And HD vid can't be beat.

Nice result. Natural and dense.

Absolutely. If this patient had a twin, and he received half as many grafts over the exact same area, I dare say that under some lighting/camera conditions the hair would look the same. But it wouldn't be, and under more careful scrutiny the differences would be clear.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 9 months later...

That's a super amazing result. What a major change with the amount of grafts used. So dense and thick. This patient is most likely thrilled with what his transplant achieved. I really like this result. I gotta agree with fingers crossed, that is A+ work

I believe that is about the densest result I've ever seen. His hair characteristics really help too. This transplant has to be close to original density.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D