All at once or over time?

Hey Guys,

I'm curious what your take is on spacing out FUE procedures. Background, 3 years ago, I had 1,700 grafts and today I had 460 done. I've gone at this conservatively, but wonder, since I still would like more, if the next time I should go all out and finish what I started. Side note, I will say that over the past 3 years I've lost a bit more so maybe you're never done, but still, I wonder if the survival rate is impacted by whether you space out procedures or go all out all at once....

Edited by dudewheresmyhairdude

PS. I just got my 2nd FUE procedure done today! Unshaven. Esthetically it looks sooo much better. I'll find out tomorr exactly how many grafts I got.

EDIT: Pics don't load- WHY!??! You can go to my album to see my post-op pics from today.

WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT!!?!?!?!!

I think there were some issues between your doc and the site years ago. That doesn't mean he isn't a good doc. I don't know a lot about him. I imagine you had a transplant in Atlanta.

Are you on finasteride? To answer your question, no, hairloss doesn't end. The closest way to get it to stop is medication. Short of that, you will keep replacing what you are losing, possibly slowly and possible not that slowly, until you run out of grafts. There is a possibility you naturally keep you crown and you never really run out of grafts because you have enough for your front half, you never know, but I believe that you continually lose, it is just a matter of how fast. Of course, there are exceptions, but I prefer to bet on what's average.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dudewheresmyhair,,

Before I address your question I want to address the misinformation you are spreading about your post being sent to the moderation queue. We allow discussion of any and all doctors whether we recommend them or not. However, there is a small list of physicians that we no longer discuss due to various reasons. If you send me a PM with the doctors name I can tell you more specifically why. Otherwise perhaps it's not your physician's name sending your post to the moderation queue but something else you are typing. I'll be able to tell you more if you pm me.

That said whether or not to do smaller procedures or larger sessions depends on your level of hair loss, your goals, your age, etc. if you are a good candidate for it, I'd personally prefer a larger session to get most of it done at once. To me that's better than having to undergo multiple procedures and have to wait a year after each one. That said I had 4 procedures and while o couldn't gotten maybe 2 large procedures my results turned out great.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm not spreading misinformation, you are b/c I copied and pasted my original post and the only thing I took out is the doctor's name and it posted. Yes pm me b/c I would like to know what the beef is. It was my understanding it's a money thing. Aside from that, I would like to know if the photos are loading b/c I can't see they load and id like to share em. Side note, my head doesn't look like the elephant man this time- I iced my forehead 5 mins every hr until bed.

Dudewheresmyhair,

You made a statement that we do not allow posts or comments about any doctor unless they are recommended here. That is leaking misinformation. I thought possibly that you were just misinformed but now that I've explained this to you and you are still pushing issue, I assume that you are now trying to post knowingly false information which is in violation of our terms of service.

Now that I research this more I see that you are referring to a physician that for legal reasons we do not host posts or discussions about and it has nothing to do with money. Like I said, we host many discussions about any and all doctors with you exception of a few for various reasons.

Now that I've explained this to you and there is plenty of evidence that we allow discussion of non-recommended physicians, I am asking you that you no longer spread misinformation. If you do continue to do so I will assume you are purposely while letting our terms of service to stir trouble.

I tried helping you by answering your question as I do have a passion for helping fellow hair loss suffers because I too remember what it was like to go bald and go through the hair transplant experience.

But if you are going to continue to be a member here I do expect you to follow the rules.

Cooperation is anticipated, appreciated and expected.

Bill

I think there were some issues between your doc and the site years ago. That doesn't mean he isn't a good doc. I don't know a lot about him. I imagine you had a transplant in Atlanta.

Are you on finasteride?

Yeah, Atlanta. No, I'm averse to medication so I'll take biotin for a few months and then stop, but I'll continue to take saw palmetto.

I don't take medication b/c I hate the idea of being on something forever, but it seems like transplants are forever too. ha.

don't take medication b/c I hate the idea of being on something forever, but it seems like transplants are forever too. ha.

I hear the quite a bit. But don't you brush you teeth everyday?

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

In approaching surgical hair restoration, the process of successfully restoring hair will depend on a few factors. Artistry, low transection, and density applied in each procedure are important. The illusion of coverage is achievable when every effort to improve yield is accomplished. The biggest effect is understanding how hair loss progresses over time.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians