Ear and neck line

Spanker

I've been told that this is not retro alopecia and it's noting to worry about. I have a small band around much earlier that is thinner. Now, I firmly believe that we are all at risk for strange and unexpected hairloss but for the most part, you have a decent guess. Btw, I'm 37 and on fin for over 5 years. I've had this band here for years but I'm not sure if it is getting worse.

Any thoughts on that. I've looked on the Internet but I don't see many that look like mine. Could just be my hair. Idk.

http://imgur.com/a/9pVco

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think your hair looks so good you've afforded yourself the time to scrutinize the inconsequential ;)

Is it haircut related by chance? My barber always f's up that area and goes too short right around the ears--it feels forever imbalanced.

• Administrators

One side is definitely thinner than the other, but the miniaturization is minuscule. If you cut your hair shorter on the sides you probably wouldn't even tell. I wore my hair at a zero guard on the sides since I was 12, it wasn't until I grew my hair out that I noticed my nape was thinning.

I was also told by Dr. Gabel, that I did not have retro alopecia and that thinning around the ears and nape is to be expected at a certain percentage, it is not until you go over that percentage of miniaturization that you run in to problems, I think its like 20% or something I could be wrong. At your age and level of hair loss and use of finasteride I wouldn't even worry.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I don't think it's retro alopecia Spanker. I have it and it doesn't look like that. You have a great head of hair many of us are jealous. I agree with the others that it's nothing to worry about.