corrective hair transplant

Hello every body

I need your help in decision-making to the second hair transplant process where I have conducted the first process FUE 3500 graft 2 years ago, and that the operation failed for several reasons including:

1-low of hair density

2-look and feel of hair is unnatural and rough

3-hair distribution straight and not random like natural hair

4-small plugs in the front line .

Then i decide to do corrective hair transplant and I start search in Google and YouTube to find the best doctors.

as I've consulted a doctor via email , where he told me that I needed 1500 graft for front hair line and 2000 graft for top crown , and he also did not mention about fixing the small plugs .

My question is who is the best doctors in corrective hair transplant using FUE to remove the small plugs with less scar and having high density .

I'm sorry to the prolongation

• Moderators

Depending on how bad it is you may not need to fue them out. A lot of times it can be better to simply plant the new grafts around the old ones. It's easier and cheaper. Without seeing pictures it's impossible to give you a better idea of which one you would want to do.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

If you could show photo with the location of the small plug type grafts even without face showing (remain anonymous) I would be glad to give you my opinion as the approach that should be taken. Plus how many grafts might be necessary.

KRKS,

Removing the FUE grafts with another FUE punch may be an option. Keep in mind, however, that this could leave scarring in the regions (I know you mentioned scarring as an issue above). Another option may be to transplant around them. This may create a natural result AND make use of the existing grafts -- as even grafts deemed as inappropriate or requiring correction may provide good bulk coverage if soft, natural follicular units are transplanted around them.

Best of luck.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

At this point, the most important question to ask yourself is whether or not you want to add hair, or do you generally prefer to naturally recede after the plugs are completely removed with FUE. Secondly, get a few opinions on plug removal and multi-hair follicular unit graft removal. Another key term that you should add to your search criteria is plug redistribution. Lastly, search for hairline repair, total plug removal, and reversal of pluggy-looking hair transplants.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

As an existing repair patient myself who is waiting for futher corrective work to reach my initial goals, i'd approach this repair with the utmost caution.

-it may be ideal to break this procedure up into two procedures to increase the survival of your grafts that are to be extracted.

-I wouldn't touch the already impacted areas and would rather implant in zones in front of then to blend in with the exising transplanted hairs. Any doc that works on you should not repair and insert more hairs into an already impacted zone where your grafts may or may not take, that is something some folks will fail to tell you.

-id go with someone who is very careful and commits the surgery day to you to fix your procedure without any 'other' patient distractions or risks

-id also make sure the surgeon is very skilled at fue extraction, preferably manual and is used to extracting the types of hair texture you have. Youll notice some surgeons are better at extracting thicker courser hair and obvoiusly can show better coverage but when it comes to straighter hairs they may not be that good enough as the skill level increases.

- go with a surgeon that is very mindful from where in the donor the extract grafts from and what types of patterns (spread out extractions or all extractions from concentrated zones). This is important as you do not want donor halos

-surgeon should be the one extracting grafts and creating recipient sites at tge very least so if one or the other is done by a tech, then find another doc.

-you should be able to get repaired but i suggest you plan this out very carefully

As long as you are not some test bunny and a doc listens to you carefully to your concerns, there should be no problems.

Keep us updated, I'd like to see your success. Best wishes.

Everybody has given you valuable advice so far. As others have said, you will have to decide whether or not you're goal is to add more hair or simply remove the bad hairs that make your hair look unnatural. You could either have the plugs excised with the possibility of leaving scarring or get another hair transplant with a reputable physician who will transplant around the old grafts camouflaging them making it appear natural so that no one can even tell the plugs are there. You could even consider having the old grafts excised and then have another hair transplant however, transplanting in areas of scarring may reduce viability and thus, growth may not be as successful as it could be if you just transplanted around the plugs ,

These are all viable options and things to discuss with a reputable surgeon who will also advise you as to what he or she thinks is the best and most suitable solution.

I hope this helps.

Bill