FUE at Shapiro

Hello, I am new here, but have been researching getting FUE for the last few months. I had a phone consultation with Shapiro Medical and was pretty happy with the information I got, and the approach they would take.

I am wanting to feel comfortable moving forward with Shapiro. I also want to get excellent FUE for my hairline (including peaks), and I am definitely a picky person who pays a lot of attention to details.

Currently, what is the consensus on FUE at Shapiro, Ron vs Paul, etc?

I am in New York, and am wanting to do this soon, spend what is expected for about 2,000 grafts, and I am willing to travel.

Thanks for any help -- there is a lot of information out there!

I'm sure Dr. Shapiro is a fine surgeon. Where I had surgery you can expect $10,000 for 2,000 grafts with the doctor doing all the extractions and insertions. You can use this info as a comparison. Most importantly, choose a doctor who you are absolutely comfortable with. Best of luck.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hello, I am new here, but have been researching getting FUE for the last few months. I had a phone consultation with Shapiro Medical and was pretty happy with the information I got, and the approach they would take.

I am wanting to feel comfortable moving forward with Shapiro. I also want to get excellent FUE for my hairline (including peaks), and I am definitely a picky person who pays a lot of attention to details.

Currently, what is the consensus on FUE at Shapiro, Ron vs Paul, etc?

I am in New York, and am wanting to do this soon, spend what is expected for about 2,000 grafts, and I am willing to travel.

Thanks for any help -- there is a lot of information out there!

Definitely go with Dr Ron over Paul, and I rate Shapiro as one of the better FUE surgeons in the US, you really can't go wrong with him. Did you consider Lorenzo, Feriduni and Erdogan in Europe? Lorenzo is probably one of the best FUE surgeons out there.

Dr Paul vs Dr Ron...

Yes, Dr Ron initially taught Dr Paul but take into consideration

that its been 16years. By his own right, Dr Paul has come into his own. Dr Paul's patients are equally happy with their results as Dr Ron's patients. I believe Dr Paul has done more FUE and strip cases in the last 5 years compared to Dr Ron, therefore, we've been able to showcase more of Dr Paul's results.

Our clinic has attended almost all of the fue conferences and workshops, plus visit the top fue clinics in Europe and in the US. We feel our protocol and skills are every bit as good as other top clinics. We are in a unique position of offering one skilled physician to do the extracting while another physician is able to dedicate his skills to the recipient area.

Ultimately, the patient gets to decide which physician they want at SMG and most leave it to the availability of the physician because both of these physicians are considered to be world class.

Thanks for the replies. This is all helpful.

Does anyone know if Shapiro does extractions by hand? And what punch size is used for extractions? I've seen a variety for other doctors.

Janna, thanks for your explanation about Ron vs. Paul - that's good information to know. I completely understand your argument for Paul.