If you've been to Colorado Hair Institute, I urge you to get HIV tested.

Dzl210

I haven't yet tested, I'm afraid to know.

I got screwed over pretty good by these guys like many others. They tried making it seem like my results were a rare occurrence for their clinic, so I brought up a few individual cases of bad results. They informed me a specific client I was referring to had HIV and that's why he had bad results. Some time later I brought up them releasing confidential patient information to me. They told me they've worked on hundreds of people with HIV and they could've been talking about anyone.

Judging by their business practices, I wouldn't trust them to properly prep or sterilize anything.

That's the tip of the iceberg on my horrible experience with these people.

Edited by Dzl210

Every time I see a post with that clinic in the title I cringe before opening the thread. Why? Because I know another poor soul has been butchered. When is enough going to be enough? I am deeply sorry for what you and the others have been through. I am at a loss for words as to how this place makes me feel.

The only thing I can assume is they're ripping off as many people as they can and offering refunds if they don't post negative reviews in the process. They delayed me revealing this info for 6 months at the promise of a refund that never came. My guess is they're going to keep going until a class action happens, hand it to their insurance, then close shop.

The fact that they would reveal that to you is outrageous, especially if there were only a couple individuals that you were referencing. That's absolutely insane.

I would hope at least that their business practice wouldn't be a direct reflection of their medical practice, and they would still follow very strict protocol when dealing with blood of any patient - HIV or not. Of course, you should get tested to be certain - but try not to freak out too much in the meantime. Wishing you the best.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Best thing you can do is keep posting your story. It won't do much for you but you might help save someone else from this nightmare. Hopefully enough of you can get enough lawsuits to shut them down and get your money back.

They told me specifically which person I was talking about had HIV, I let the guy know to hopefully help him. They're talking about suing him because he signed a release form saying he wouldn't write anything bad about the clinic and still did.

I doubt any of their lawsuits would hold up after anyone sees how many people have been butchered by that place. I would not feel bad about it. Also no clinic and I use that term loosely cannot disclose patient information from one person to another as it violates hipaa laws . Patients still have rights no matter what they sign. Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule | HHS.gov

Edited by JON86
n

They told me specifically which person I was talking about had HIV, I let the guy know to hopefully help him. They're talking about suing him because he signed a release form saying he wouldn't write anything bad about the clinic and still did.

Unbelievable. That really sucks. Hopefully everyone negatively affected by this place gets the help they need.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

They're smooth talkers, using things like "we don't advertise, we use satisfied customer referrals for our business."

Their website also says they've been serving the area for 25 years (which is a lie). I assumed no reviews were good reviews. A lot of people don't talk about their transplant because they don't want it known, so I figured that's why nothing was really written about them. After "25 years", figured if they were bad, it'd be documented. I'm another sucker they got with sales pitch.