What would 2000 graphs look like spread out in front of a completely bald top?

Beebz

Too difficult to tell without pictures but with someone completely bald, the appearance would most likely be very thin. Check out some pictures on this HTN site of guys getting 2,000 grafts and see the results based on their original pictures. I was pretty bald in the front and had over 5,000 grafts in my first surgery. You can view my before and afters at my blog site. MyFUEHairtransplant.com. Also, you may want to schedule a consult with a surgeon and get their opinion.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

In a effort to get just obviously thinning coverage?

Unfortunately this is a question that is too broad to answer accurately. 2000 grafts can mean a few different things. 2000 grafts with some clinics will equal 1000 grafts with others if they are sub-divided or it may mean 2500 grafts with another clinic if they use multi-follicular unit grafts. It really comes down to hair counts.

Assuming you mean a NW6 by saying "completely bald top" you could get acceptable coverage. "Acceptable" is where another factor comes into play and that is known as "expectations". What is acceptable to one person is completely unacceptable to another. I know of one patient that had 2400 grafts in one procedure and he was a NW6 and got very good coverage for the front, anterior of the vertex, with the crown left untouched. Another 2400 grafts later and his crown as nicely, but thinly, covered and additional density was achieved in the hairline. He was happy as are many others with this type of approach but there are those people that believe a result should have strong density even on advanced case of hair loss, which is unreasonable.

So to summarize the answer for you, 2000 may be acceptable to you but you will only know if you see a lot of cases that are similar to your own one year after similar sized surgeries. Find recommended doctors, engage them for their opinion, and weight your options. Investigate hair loss medications as well as this should be the first line of defence because you begin your offence.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

The top would look very thin, but because the caliber of the hair would be thick, the 2000 grafts would enable the individual to see coverage by allowing the scalp to be less visible. With only 2000 graphs, concealer might offer the ability to gain the illusion of significant coverage.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

In a effort to get just obviously thinning coverage?

If this is what you are going to do make sure you have an FUE because you will have to shave your sides down. But even with that said you may not want to do this as 2000 grafts may not be enough to make any kind of real difference if you scatter it all over the front of your head.

Is your donor good?