How many grafts

Hi I have recently begun considering a HT. I'm 45, and have had longish hair most of my life. I began noticing thinning about 5 years ago.

My hair looks pretty full/ ok when its dry, There's thinning in the crown, and some beginning in the temples..

Trying to gather some information like how many grafts I'd require..

Any help or advice is much appreciated. Sorry the pics aren't great.. I've attached pics with wet hair..

20160211_200426.thumb.jpg.04144cc79d4777b20fb4c137b09301f8.jpg

20160215_110929.thumb.jpg.dba5d621b6831dcc5a08c5a3f282b587.jpg

20160215_111048.thumb.jpg.3029e0e4e94ebbd12bf776af73a6ee54.jpg

Start with medical therapy even if you consider surgery. Begin with a conservative procedure to treat the crown. If you don't lower the hairline, it would be smart to do 1000 FUE.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

A profile shot would help but if you are fine with the front of the hairline and just want to bring more density, fill in temples and do some crown I'd expect 1500-2000. I can't see your side profile since you didnt provide a photo but if you wanted to firm up temple points etc you will probably need more. Also longer hair makes it more difficult to judge your hair loss so if you can stomach it maybe go short to provide photos.

At your age with relatively limited loss, if you can afford it, I agree on going with FUE (more pricey than FUT generally) as you don't need 5000+ grafts or anything. Being in the UK you have great access to some Belgium doctors who are world class in FUE and more cost effective than North America in general.

Also get on fin to attempt to keep as much of possible of what you have - which is quite a lot.

p.s with FUE your entire head will be shorn down so you might want to do it in advance so as to not shock the world ;)

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

If I were you I'd would do 2500 in the hairline just behind it and start finasteride for stabilization and crown improvement.

Looks like you have done midscalp thinning as well.

Not dropping your hairline, but beefing it up.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks guys, these shots are with wet hair, I was looking at Estee centre in Turkey where a friend got his.. They seemed to have done a good job, and are well priced..

I do have sensitive skin, so am a little concerned about post op side effects..

I'll look at the options in Belgium, any particular recommended physicians?

It's cheaper but more risky going to Turkey, but Erdogan is your best best if you go there.

Dr Feriduni, or Dr Devroye, pro hair clinic, dr bisinga are all top Belgium docs, my personal recommedation would be Dr Lorenzo, cos really, why mess about, just go to the best...but of course, the best is subjective.

Where did you get your camara from, the bottom of the ocean? :D

2000+ grafts imo

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts