2nd Round with Dr. Cooley

Just wanted to share a little about my second hair transplant with Dr Cooley yesterday.

About a month ago I met with dr Cooley and his staff about adding graphs to my right temple. Also to a spot on my scar that was a little thin. We first decided to do 400 grafts to add density to my right side. My left side wasn't as bad, I wasn't concerned about it anyway because the way I part my hair.

The surgery went great. Just as expected. He addressed my concerned areas and then some. I paid for 400 grafts, however he saw some other area in my hairline that he could improve. So that's just what he did, I ended with 903 grafts. 503 free of charge. I think this says a lot about the professionalism of him and his staff. If you are considering a transplant, take the time to meet with dr Cooley. You won't regret it.

As I was leaving yesterday I asked him where he concentrated the graphs. He drew up a quick illustration. I'll be updating this thread along the way if y'all wanna see the progress.

image.thumb.jpg.65e114bc5e4b520b8fa222703264e81d.jpg

• 1 year later...

I was about to type congratulations when I realize that this was an older threaten people are just asking for updates. I too would love to see you and update from the patient, too many people come and share their initial experience and then disappear and never come back. But I'm sure that's because they're thrilled with the results and have moved on with their lives. Many of us today because we enjoy the ongoing support of the brotherhood and continuing to help others in their journey while others just move on and never return to the forum.

So maybe the patient will get an email notification if this is still his email address and will respond with an update. Would love to see it.

And yes, Dr. Cooley still amongst the best.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 months later...

Congrats uklad! You’re in good hands with Dr. Cooley. Happy growing.

Pic1. Indoor natural lighting. This is the spot I was concerned about that made me want round 2.

Pic 2. Bathroom lighting

Pic 3. Bathroom lighting

Pic 4. 3 months post op surgery 1. After a lot of shedding.

E5909DEE-3D1B-49D1-BCA8-E553DCBC6810.jpeg.c1020805a168b009c059d5c4509bd26f.jpeg

54C33A93-A3E5-43F4-B3DA-81ACA764C748.thumb.jpg.88feb044378b9c796af4c50b7685beba.jpg

4695AF36-914E-48C3-ABCD-D438481DE95F.thumb.jpg.22ca556767742627c3e21bb9da2c8812.jpg

F2492CE2-5BAA-4CE2-8B20-354F92B3926E.jpeg.78497b6dd3b107e67b9169b7c6151cfb.jpeg

Edited by losingmyhair123

So glad to see you come back and update this thread, it's such a bummer when you spend time reading a thread and then people just disappear from the forums. I'm researching Cooley so I've been going through all his patient-posted threads.

Looks great, to be honest I don't think it looked bad at all after the first surgery but I get it that if you are gonna spend all this time and money then you want it to be perfecto.

A few Q's for you if you don't mind:

1. So with the benefit of hindsight would you choose Dr Cooley again for your first procedure?

2. Anything you would have done differently (i.e. emphasize how critical a dense hairline is for you to be happy during your consult, show him example pics of hairlines you like, etc.)?

3. What'd Cooley say about using 900 additional grafts for hairline refinement, was he concerned about using too many grafts in this part of your head?

4. So Pic 2 and 3 with the bathroom lighting is the full 12 month results of the touch-up right?

5. How did Dr Cooley react to your concerns? Like was he annoyed and did you sense that he felt like you were being overly picky or did he seem to genuinely understand where you were coming from and wanted to help you achieve your final goals.

6. For your original surgery thread titled "finally bit the bullet!" you might wanna shoot the admins a quick note and ask them to add "Dr. Cooley FUT X,XXX Grafts" to the thread title. I wasn't aware of your thread cuz I was searching for keyword "Cooley"

• 1 month later...

1. If i had to do it all over again, i would definitley go with Dr. Cooley again. I met with a couple of other docs before my first procedure but i felt Dr. Cooley was the best man for the job. Which we all know, there are many good docs out there, but i think his work is some of the best around. The only thing i don't like, my scar didn't heal very well on my left side. If i shave my head with a guard #5, it shows. If i could do it over again, i would probably do fue. However, it is more expensive.

2. The only thing i may have done differently was emphasized my hairline. I think a lot of times patients only have a certain amount of grafts they can afford and what not. Thats how it was for me. I basically asked him to do what he can with the grafts i could afford. I went into it thinking that i may have to have a 2nd hair transplant, im sure there are cases that people are content with one transplant. But as time goes by, you always want more.

3. If i remember correctly, when i met with him about my touch up procedure. He did seem a little reluctant or hesitant to address the issue i was referring to. He said it depended on how many "fine" hairs or "ones" he could get to put in the hairline.

4. Yes the bathroom pics are about 24 months actually

5. He didn't seem annoyed at all. He saw the area i was referring to and agreed with me. The only thing i thought he was reluctant about was being able to find enough "fine" hairs to put in the hairline, to have a natural appearance.

1. If i had to do it all over again, i would definitley go with Dr. Cooley again. I met with a couple of other docs before my first procedure but i felt Dr. Cooley was the best man for the job. Which we all know, there are many good docs out there, but i think his work is some of the best around. The only thing i don't like, my scar didn't heal very well on my left side. If i shave my head with a guard #5, it shows. If i could do it over again, i would probably do fue. However, it is more expensive.

Thanks for following up. Yeah I agree with you, I really think Cooley's work is top-notch and I'm not quite sure why he doesn't get as much attention as some of the other big-name docs in the field.

2. The only thing i may have done differently was emphasized my hairline. I think a lot of times patients only have a certain amount of grafts they can afford and what not. Thats how it was for me. I basically asked him to do what he can with the grafts i could afford. I went into it thinking that i may have to have a 2nd hair transplant, im sure there are cases that people are content with one transplant. But as time goes by, you always want more.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, gonna need to decide what areas I want to emphasize and how much I want to push hard for my desires versus trusting the doc to just do his thing

3. If i remember correctly, when i met with him about my touch up procedure. He did seem a little reluctant or hesitant to address the issue i was referring to. He said it depended on how many "fine" hairs or "ones" he could get to put in the hairline.

4. Yes the bathroom pics are about 24 months actually

Bathroom pics look really good

5. He didn't seem annoyed at all. He saw the area i was referring to and agreed with me. The only thing i thought he was reluctant about was being able to find enough "fine" hairs to put in the hairline, to have a natural appearance.

That's good to hear and makes a lot of sense