Best HT surgeon for female hairlines

cathair09

Hi all, this website has been great for finding some top surgeons. I just wondered whether there were any different comments to be made for female hairlines?

I don't have hair loss. Just lowering and reshaping for a cleaner look so I can wear my hair back. Approx 1,500 grafts. Main considerations are dense packing, and natural ultra refined hairline. Soft looking, symmetrical.

I've narrowed it down to Shapiro, H&W, and Feriduni for FUT. What do we think? :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in this as well. I think more and more ladies are considering and undergoing Hair Transplants, than in the past.

Understanding there are differences in placement, design, etc. I am speculating that if a doctor is skilled in male hair transplants, he would be skilled in female hair transplants. Again speculation.

On various sites, I've seen that Dr. Diep (CA) and Dr. Frank (Ohio and NY) perform HT on females. I have to believe there are more.

It would be good to document any doctors who are recommended for female hair transplants, for reference purposes.

• 2 months later...
Hello all, I chose Konior and will try to keep you updated about it. The surgery was last week :)

Wow that's a hell of a flight for a HT.

How long did you stay in town before you flew back?

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 2 weeks later...

Cathair,

All of the physicians you mentioned are excellent. Your question is an interesting one. Everybody will have a different opinion as to who produces the best hairline for men and for women. The physicians recommended by our community have a proven track record for producing outstanding results. Selecting amongst them is highly subjective and a matter of personal preference.

I recommend viewing examples of all of their results, in particular female hairlines. You can easily sort through these types of results by going to Hair Transplant Network., Clicking on the photo gallery and then clicking on the link for females. You can then see which doctor worked on which patients and is responsible for which results.

If there's anything specific I can help you with, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Bill

Cathair,

I see I was a little late to the party with my last response. But I'm glad to hear that you chose Dr. Konior, he is now standing surgeon and an amazing person. He is probably one of the most thorough, hands-on physicians I've ever met and he is very passionate about his work and life as a whole. I look forward to seeing your progress and results.

Free to post some pictures before and after surgery. If you need help cropping the pictures send me a private message and I can help you do this.

Best wishes,

Bill

Ahoy, I received a private message which I can't open properly. The computer keeps shutting down every time I try to open it. Guess its detecting something dodgy. lol.

The question was how did i get an appointment with Dr Konior when his waiting list is 6 months long. Well we got into a bit of an argument because I was being too demanding and I was unhappy with the level of info given to me during the consult. I apologised and he kindly agreed to do my surgery and found me a spot in his calender. When I went to my checkups he was often there past 6pm and is obviously overworked. So no you wont be able to get an earlier date, and can only ask to go on the cancellation list. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello! My hair shed at about 1 month and now at 2.5 months seeing some growth. It's going to look great :). The incision was sensitive for a while but not anymore which is a relief. The waiting game continues..

20160516_163937.thumb.jpg.b3d47f301967245d6f64caffe1761519.jpg

20160516_163916.thumb.jpg.b3fbe1fcb40b10af117fa8ae99663d75.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

It looks really good ! Im Post 21 days now . I believe I met you to when I went in for a consultation with Dr.Konior. Idk if that was you Iknow it was some one from Australia.

But hey I still have like white flakes of (i think skin ) when it gets wets on the recipients area looks like a layer of white skin that falling off. I Hope you know what I mean . When does this stop or do I need to wash the area more with shampoo.

It looks really good ! Im Post 21 days now . I believe I met you to when I went in for a consultation with Dr.Konior. Idk if that was you Iknow it was some one from Australia.

But hey I still have like white flakes of (i think skin ) when it gets wets on the recipients area looks like a layer of white skin that falling off. I Hope you know what I mean . When does this stop or do I need to wash the area more with shampoo.

Hey that's so funny! You were there for repair work weren't you? While the hairs were going through the shedding phase I had some small scabs/bits of skin coming off with them, if that's what you're referring to. I never had a whole layer of white skin coming off... The shedding was almost done by week 4 or 5. I just washed my hair like normal.

Did the procedure go smoothly for you?

Yea I was lol small world . I got lucky and cancellation opened up . Everything went well took like month off work now just playing the waiting game are you happy so far with it ?

Nice! Yep I'm really impressed with it. The shape, density and direction of the hairs is all perfect. The problem is waiting for it to grow, I look like a little kid going through an awkward phase.

Hows your recovery? I had a tight scalp for 1-2 months.

Does anyone know why I get an error message whenever I try to look in my inbox? I can see the message in emails but cant open it on here. It's not my computer.

Mikey1970 - I didn't consult with any Australian surgeons. I chose Dr Konior based on research and crossed my fingers that I wasn't being duped by advertising. V happy with my decision.

Ok, Thanks Cathair. Best wishes for a great outcome.

A lot of Aussie posters head overseas for their procedures but I like to think a few Australian Dr's are up to international standards. I am having work done myself in Sydney next week.

Cheers.

Ok, Thanks Cathair. Best wishes for a great outcome.

A lot of Aussie posters head overseas for their procedures but I like to think a few Australian Dr's are up to international standards. I am having work done myself in Sydney next week.

Cheers.

Sure, good luck. :)