1 year recap HT scheduled for Jan Please see pics to make sure I am a good candidate

Hey all,

I posted here this time last year about getting an HT. I posted pictures and you guys told me to wait a year to see how my loss has progressed to determine if I was stable enough to get an HT. I am supposed to receive 4500 grafts FUE on Jan 14-15 which I scheduled this time last year. During this 1 year waiting period I decided to shave what hair I had left off and wear the bald look for 1 year before making my choice (also the recommendation of the members of this forum) Well I've been bald for 1 year now and I can honestly say its not that bad, but I would rather have hair. I am posting pics from this time last year and pictures that I've taken yesterday. I have taken the fin 1 day per week which I believe has pretty much stabilized my loss. I have seen some really great results on the forums this past year from people that have similar types of hair loss as I do.

With that being said I would like to know If you guys think it is safe for me to get an HT now and if I would benefit from it. I am 26 years old now and I would like to find a new job next year. I feel like looking more my age will benefit my confidence and appearance when the time comes to start interviewing.

these were taken yesterday

E1676F04-BC69-496A-B9F5-422DB8A2165C_zpsaddygc7p.jpg

F6A31EF4-A6D8-4837-9D91-B7B6A0AE43CB_zpskgkhcp8i.jpg

7F92D2FB-FFAB-4FE3-A90D-7CAE9B527413_zpsbzdfuxmc.jpg

and these were taken between jan and march of last year

624FD034-7AFC-4B9B-8D99-25A0DA2978E1_zpslztjniu8.png

7CE7D795-AAFC-48CA-BF87-D022814A1CDE_zpsqjcchgak.png

A4E16C9A-14E9-4C1F-B62A-4324183B71A1_zpsg67bhyce.png

Yes, based on those pics you're just aboot ready for a HT.

You also got a shitload of donor hair from what it looks like.

And you also appear to have a forelock which you will never lose (if it really is a forelock).

But for your own good, please pick one of the best HT doctors in the world, even if that means you have to travel.

Right now I can only recommend 2 or 3 HT doctors in North-America

I would certainly go ahead and have a HT. 4500 grafts should really help. maybe you may need a 2nd procedure at a later date? It depends how 4500 grafts will look grown in.

Good luck though ! I tried the bald look too and it really wasn't for me either.

You've taken the prudent approach here which is commendable.

What was your doctors feedback? Did he enourage you to start fin and wait? Are you satisfied with his game plan for your specific case and profile? Part of this process is having a rapport with the doctor you plan to work with. You should have a full understanding of his approach, including the # of grafts he plans and where he plans to use them.

Your hairloss reminds me of this Italian I helped. I have posted his pictures so you can see, he received 4911 grafts

DSCF3521_zps93e8ac26.jpg.671a63b3389090c7dab17bf5ebcc0f50.jpg

DSCF3546_zps725b6ab3.jpg.9e430e237c49444b19552fab85eb2806.jpg

trapianto-capelli-hasson.jpg.7f1cab0f881ead9139b035f2eaecb0a2.jpg

dottor-victor-hasson.jpg.45c7b74a7f2f29702dab9bf7adaf7b30.jpg

hasson-wong-esperienze.jpg.75d6e33da2f8e6f6ab453edc32eb48c8.jpg

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Wow a result like that would absolutely life changing! That hair is better than when i was 15. I applied to the Hasson and wong clinic and after 3 weeks i finally got a response saying they "could not accept my case at this time". I am scheduled have mine done at the asmed clinic in instanbul with Dr Koray. Its a huge journey since I live in Charlotte nc. So naturally im feeling a little nervous about the whole thing. But I think I am ready to go for it. I have been taking fin once a week, my hairloss is stable and i think good results are possible for me. It would be 3500 grafts in the front and mid scalp and 1500 in the vertex.

Your in good hands with Dr. Koray. This was done by Dr. Hasson

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Wow a result like that would absolutely life changing! That hair is better than when i was 15. I applied to the Hasson and wong clinic and after 3 weeks i finally got a response saying they "could not accept my case at this time". I am scheduled have mine done at the asmed clinic in instanbul with Dr Koray. Its a huge journey since I live in Charlotte nc. So naturally im feeling a little nervous about the whole thing. But I think I am ready to go for it. I have been taking fin once a week, my hairloss is stable and i think good results are possible for me. It would be 3500 grafts in the front and mid scalp and 1500 in the vertex.

Just curious about H&W's response. Was it because of your particular hair loss/case or their existing caseload/schedule? In your original post you mentioned you scheduled your HT last year, so I assume that's when you contacted H&W. Have you tried them recently? I guess it is rather late now, considering your procedure is just a little more than 2 weeks away and I'm sure you've already purchased your airline tickets and obtained your visa. I was just curious as to why H&W responded as they did, for future reference.

Ya I contacted hasson and Wong back in September actually after having some second thoughts about my doctor choice. I found out about them when u started listening to spencer kroben over on the bald truth. They did not give me an explanation as to why they could take my case. I emailed them as to why and did not receive a response.

But I guess the main things i am nervous about is traveling to turkey during these times where civil unrest is on the rise with the way the U.S. has portrayed the whole ISIS situation. I am not much of a seasoned traveler. So the consensus is that I am a good candidate to have the procedure? What do you guys think? Am I stable enough to go for it? What result should I expect? Thank you!

Ya I contacted hasson and Wong back in September actually after having some second thoughts about my doctor choice. I found out about them when u started listening to spencer kroben over on the bald truth. They did not give me an explanation as to why they could take my case. I emailed them as to why and did not receive a response.

But I guess the main things i am nervous about is traveling to turkey during these times where civil unrest is on the rise with the way the U.S. has portrayed the whole ISIS situation. I am not much of a seasoned traveler. So the consensus is that I am a good candidate to have the procedure? What do you guys think? Am I stable enough to go for it? What result should I expect? Thank you!

If anything you've been over-cautious. Who else did you consult with in the US or Europe?

appstatefan247

It is not normal that Hasson and Wong didn't give you a response to your email. I apologize on their behalf.

Regardless I am sure you will be fine in Turkey. I have not read any horror stories regarding seeing Dr. Koray in Turkey. It normal to be a bit worries but you will see everything will be fine.

Good luck!

guys with my loss pattern what type of results should I expect to receive? As the procedure approaches Im trying to get mentally prepared and I want to set my expectations. Should I go with a slightly receding higher hairline? How should have the grafts distributed?

You picked a good doctor and you are getting a good number of grafts, you will see a big cosmetic difference. What kind of result depends on size of your grafts, where the hairline will start and where the placement is. You need to talk to the clinic when it comes what to expect.

If anything you've been over-cautious. Who else did you consult with in the US or Europe?

I consulted with vories, cooley (although it was his patient coordinator and not the Dr. himself), and another physician who cannot be named here.

Edited by David - Moderator