Dr. James Boland Colorado Surgical Center and Hair Institute

riverside

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181277-warning-if-considering-dr-james-boland-colorado-surgical-center-read.html

Well I assume that the Dr. has something to do with the work involved and if they switched doctors then maybe it's worth a look. I also have to assume that there is always a risk for complications regardless of where you go.

But yeah, after finding this very recent thread I am definitely not feeling so good about this place.

Take your time and do the research. You'll quickly realize how silly it is to be spending another minute of your time with a chop shop. Let us save you.

Even if you do limit yourself geographically and by cost, there's plenty of reputable surgeons a quick flight or drive away from CO.

Can you share pics/stats?

2Q==

I'm 38 and have been losing hair for about 12 years. I did the rogaine thing for quite a while and finesteride for maybe 8 months before I recently quit both from lack of results (or maybe paitence).

I'm not hoping for any dramatic results, I would just like to turn the clock back 5 years or so. Maybe 1500 grafts. I am considering FUE and for some reason everybody who was butchered went with FUT which I don't understand. I have also found as many if not more positive experiences with these people but very few seem to post pics.

After getting insanely cheap lasik surgery 10 years ago with amazing results, I am a believer that more money doesn't always mean better results. In fact often the cheapest people gain the most experience in the OR.

I wouldn't throw out FUT from your considerations if you have advanced MPB. Also, be careful of picking a doctor and clinic unless you are sure you can trust them. Even the best docs cannot guarantee success, but they really raise the odds of success.

You're making a big mistake considering this clinic. Please expand your search.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Spend a long time researching both procedures. FUT and FUE both have their place. The recommended Drs on this forum is a good place to start.

Any procedure like this can be badly done whichever you choose. Do yourself a favour by researching and getting some consultations from decent Drs who haven proven results.

When I actually discovered this forum that's when I really started to learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude.

I don't think you understand how this works. Looking for a HT doctor based solely on price is a recipe for disaster. If you really insist on using that as the #1 defining factor, you need to look outside the US.

A good HT is an expensive endeavor. Do it right or do it twice. And you don't want to skimp on a cosmetic surgery like this. Otherwise, you'll just be another forum horror story.

Well price certainly isn't my only consideration which is why I'm spending the time in these forums trying to educate myself. Also, as I mentioned above, I am primarily looking into Mexican clinics now which is indeed outside of the US.

Maybe I really don't understand how this works but price is a large concern and if it turns out that I just can't afford it well then I guess I'll just stay bald which sucks but hopefully I can find a reputable clinic in my price range somewhere out there.

Everything I'm reading about Dr Nadal seems very promising so far...there are some other clinics which look hopeful but I can't find much info out there on them which feels pretty sketchy.

I wouldn't go for a HT unless you have time and money reserved for unexpected outcomes. Going to the wrong doctor could set you up for a life of regrets, but since you ask about this doctor I assume you should already know that now.

• 1 month later...
Well price certainly isn't my only consideration which is why I'm spending the time in these forums trying to educate myself. Also, as I mentioned above, I am primarily looking into Mexican clinics now which is indeed outside of the US.

Maybe I really don't understand how this works but price is a large concern and if it turns out that I just can't afford it well then I guess I'll just stay bald which sucks but hopefully I can find a reputable clinic in my price range somewhere out there.

Everything I'm reading about Dr Nadal seems very promising so far...there are some other clinics which look hopeful but I can't find much info out there on them which feels pretty sketchy.

Of course price is a consideration, it is for the vast majority of us who get a HT, but if you think being bald sucks, wait until you are disfigured. All I can say is the two are incomparable and completely dissimilar.

If you gamble with getting it done cheaply, don't be surprised if you spend a decade trying to get it repaired and spending far more in the end achieving a natural looking result.

That is, of course, if a natural looking result will be possible to achieve. This particular thread should be posted for at the top of the forum and serve as a warning to the uninitiated.