My new Hair System - With Pics

TrendSetter

So after a few weeks of research and with valuable inputs from many here, especially Grincher, finally got my hair system fixed. It is lace base with remy indian hair. Went in for fairly low density.

First Thoughts: Feel on top of the world... Friends are amazed how young I look and how natural the hairline is...

Using Walker ultra hold tape to fix the system and have not experienced any

itching.

Feels good to put that cap back in the closet!!!

Attaching a few initial pictures...

Quick Question:

1) Iam using walker ultra hold tape. Their website claims to give a hold time of

upto 6 weeks. I have had the hair system installed for 2 weeks now and so far the hold is strong and I have no itching. I have washed my hair twice under the shower and have had no problems.. So my question is - when should I remove and reattach the system? How do I know the tape hold is becoming weaker? Any pointers?

Thanks,

IMG_1032.jpg.48eefaeb002b39bbde2e3f4f6678c8a4.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg.af4e96a0363e683c5679219eb438f979.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg.4db04cfa47e38efccb52a76cb10ea624.jpg

Is this a topper or a full cap? The blending is really good and the density is good also. I would not advise going any heavier.

Did you attach this yourself? Who is your supplier? I suggest getting on the Northwest Lace Forum. Those guys are going to be the experts with systems and I am sure you can learn a lot from them. Very very few suggest a bond that long. Most suggest around a week, but everyone is different. One of the biggest reasons is that the tape will eventually start to break down and make clean up much more difficult. Also, I imagine you have some hair under there that needs shaved and cleaned.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Is this a topper or a full cap? The blending is really good and the density is good also. I would not advise going any heavier.

Did you attach this yourself? Who is your supplier? I suggest getting on the Northwest Lace Forum. Those guys are going to be the experts with systems and I am sure you can learn a lot from them. Very very few suggest a bond that long. Most suggest around a week, but everyone is different. One of the biggest reasons is that the tape will eventually start to break down and make clean up much more difficult. Also, I imagine you have some hair under there that needs shaved and cleaned.

Thanks! It is a topper. I went in for a low density to get a more natural look.

My system was installed by a well known salon in Toronto. Since this was my first

shot at this system - I thought getting professional help initially would bring down the tensions and also allow me time to understand the process.

I could now see a slight lift on the front of the system and it seems the tape is getting a bit loose. Time to reattach I guess!

Cheers

looks very good. well done.

attachment wise 6-weeks is very long. Usually 2-4 weeks is the norm

Thanks, Grincher for all your encouragement and suggestions.

I am still very concerned how I am going to remove and reattach the system by myself but I guess I got to try it and get comfortable with the process...

The first reattachment was not one I looked forward too. In the end I knew that I had to reattach and went for it. The steps are quite logical.

I guess trying to make it sit back on the head is the tricky bit, but after your first one (you always remember your first they say) all the others are routine.

Hi Grincher,

Tried my first system maintenance but did not succeed. Taking the system out, washing it was a breeze.. It took me almost 90 minutes to apply ultra hold tape but I had a huge problem to make it sit back on the head. The alignment was just not proper and once I placed it - it was impossible to adjust since it had stuck!!

U would know what my situation was! Not able to adjust the system, tension mounting, and the fear of messing it up-- Never realized HAIR could be such a HAIR RAISING EXPERIENCE!!!!

Fortunately, I had done my homework right, for situations like this, had already researched on a local saloon here who deals with lace systems.. Took an appointment with him today and he removed it, washed it and placed it back again.. It took him only an hour or so.

I recall, the first time the system was fixed - only tape (Walker tape) was used. Today this guy used Super tape but what was surprising is that, he also used a little bit of glue on the front(over the tape) for better hold. Is this advisable? Will this give me more hold time?

I guess he fixes systems day in and day out - so watching him tape and fix the system was soo easy.- Don't know why it was a struggle for me!

Cheers,

I just don't think it looks natural based on the pictures.

I know a guy with a hair system and although it's good, it

can be spotted as a "hair system" as soon as you see it.

Wow. While there are not enough pics to say it does look totally natural (missing data), but I can't say that it looks unnatural. I'd say it looks more natural that many transplants I have seen.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I just don't think it looks natural based on the pictures.

I know a guy with a hair system and although it's good, it

can be spotted as a "hair system" as soon as you see it.

I believe the same point has been debated for long here as well as other forums..

Having undergone two hair transplants - and now a hair system - here's my take:

With close friends and family - who have seen you at close quarters - they will definitely

know we have done something to our hair - whether it is a hair transplant or a hair system.

On the flight back, from Toronto to Brussels, my co passenger was a Belgian - He was always wearing a cap - so when he was taking a nap - he had taken out his cap - and he was bald... After some time, I started a conversation with him - how even I used to wear a cap all the time to hide my baldness.. He looked at my head and said but you are not bald- He would not believe when I told him I have a hair piece on -- He touched my hair and for the next 2 hours would only talk about how natural my hair looks...

Seems he travels to Toronto often, and has taken the salon contact details and now wants a hair system ASAP!

IMO, when strangers see you and hardly give you a second look - that to me means - your hair system is looking natural! As said earlier - with family and close friends having seen us at close quarters - they will definitely know we have done something to our hair

irrespective of how natural it looks...

As one of the HT doctors put it some time back - A patient is very self conscious when he goes from no hair to more hair - he is always looking at other people - observing them closely if they are watching his hair or not! As the doctor said - people have more important stuff to do than watch that head of yours!!

Cheers,

Edited by TrendSetter

Here are a few more pics...

I have two systems -

pic 1116 (first pic) is with the second system - cut and styled.. This style is with hair slightly combed back

the other pics are of the system iam wearing presently - hair falling slightly down..

From the pictures, you could see the density is very light... this was intentional.

Cheers,

1116.jpg.e49157ac61d055d5443994d3390634dd.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg.7aaff3d4e72b707b2c9d46beecc15ba8.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg.2419570a61a9d822a078acaaf3e8f33b.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg.b7d0ce76f37f0c89acbaf4aba29262c9.jpg

Wow. While there are not enough pics to say it does look totally natural (missing data), but I can't say that it looks unnatural. I'd say it looks more natural that many transplants I have seen.

Not sure why the "wow?" Just my opinion. If he's happy that's all that matters.

Not sure why the "wow?" Just my opinion. If he's happy that's all that matters.

I guess the wow was surprise, as I do not see anything unnatural in the photos (side shots to show blending is also the money shot to know how natural it looks).

Just surprised that was an opinion about the photos produced. I think if you showed 1000 people that pic that aren't hair people, 0 would mention it being unnatural looking.

View Spanker's Website

I guess the wow was surprise, as I do not see anything unnatural in the photos (side shots to show blending is also the money shot to know how natural it looks).

Just surprised that was an opinion about the photos produced. I think if you showed 1000 people that pic that aren't hair people, 0 would mention it being unnatural looking.

I disagree. I think the fact that you can't see a hairline makes it look unnatural.

DIY will come in time as you increase confidence.

I still find the tape sometimes fiddly. I have been doing in a few years now and the reattachment is tricky even with two mirrors, but you will improve. Often you will feel if its too far back, forward, right and left and have time to push and try again. Dont apply too much pressure straightaway.

Sometimes I will mess the tape up and have to reapply.

Just keep to stay cool and focused.

Now you have seen how the salon do it, it will at least give you a heads up on the steps.

My quickest from start taping to attached is about 10 mins and my slowest 30 mins - some attempts are smoother than others but even the longest will get there in the end.

DIY will come in time as you increase confidence.

I still find the tape sometimes fiddly. I have been doing in a few years now and the reattachment is tricky even with two mirrors, but you will improve. Often you will feel if its too far back, forward, right and left and have time to push and try again. Dont apply too much pressure straightaway.

Sometimes I will mess the tape up and have to reapply.

Just keep to stay cool and focused.

Now you have seen how the salon do it, it will at least give you a heads up on the steps.

My quickest from start taping to attached is about 10 mins and my slowest 30 mins - some attempts are smoother than others but even the longest will get there in the end.

Woww! That is some speed, Grincher! It will take me light years to reach that speed.. I am going to let the tensions settle down a bit and use the local salon here for a few weeks before I attempt this again... Thanks!

Most of us are wearers and you have presented yourself as wearing.

We are first off "bias" as we know its a piece and then we will scrutinise.

I think its a very good result first off.

99/100 non wearers will pass and never suspect.