Transplanted hair growing imm post op?

I realised that i don't know if the grafts continue to grow after they have been transplanted, before then falling out and begining the resting phase before growing again.

When i look at my gfafts that have been transplanted they look like they are growing in line with my native hair, if so then logic suggests that these follicles are alive and will regrow.

Does anyone actually know if this is correct?

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I realised that i don't know if the grafts continue to grow after they have been transplanted, before then falling out and begining the resting phase before growing again.

When i look at my gfafts that have been transplanted they look like they are growing in line with my native hair, if so then logic suggests that these follicles are alive and will regrow.

Does anyone actually know if this is correct?

I had my HT with lorenzo asswell and yes my hairs did Also grow before they shedded.

So yes they should be alive.

When my HT hairs shedded alot of Them had a Black bulb at the end, i hope that it is all normal.

Try to see if it is the same with you.

Agree wtith above. I wondered that too. I had a pretty late shed and still held onto some. The transplanted hair was definitely growing, but at closer examination ( I bought one of those small magnifying mirrors) you can see the bulb at the root and textural differences compared to native hair.

Pure speculation, but one would think if hair that's destined to fall out and be replaced is growing, then underneath the surface things are looking pretty healthy. Blood supply must be normal if that process can take place... would one assume.

Agree wtith above. I wondered that too. I had a pretty late shed and still held onto some. The transplanted hair was definitely growing, but at closer examination ( I bought one of those small magnifying mirrors) you can see the bulb at the root and textural differences compared to native hair.

Pure speculation, but one would think if hair that's destined to fall out and be replaced is growing, then underneath the surface things are looking pretty healthy. Blood supply must be normal if that process can take place... would one assume.

So you are saying that your HT hairs that Shed Also had the bulb at the end.

Did your hairs still succesfully grew out after a couple of Month ?

Or was there Many of the HT hairs that never grew?

I think it is true that the majority of hairs will fall out, but some hairs will never fall out and just start to grow after a period. Not sure about growing then falling out...

Hairs Growing for 1-3 weeks before they Shed should be normal Right? I mean they take the graft WITH a hair and put it on top of the scalp. Why should it stop to grow?

Only when the hair Shed and the grafts go to the resting phase it stops to grow.

@Johnny- yes the bulby look is normal. The hair should grow back fuller and more texturally appealing as the months go by. That's at least what I've seen and been told. I'm only at 10 wks post op myself.

@Louis- I think the growing then falling out happens if you're a late shedder. After 6 weeks I had some longer hairs that were still holding on that you could see were bulby and destined to fall...and they did eventually.

Headaches aside its a pretty fascinating process.

@Johnny- yes the bulby look is normal. The hair should grow back fuller and more texturally appealing as the months go by. That's at least what I've seen and been told. I'm only at 10 wks post op myself.

@Louis- I think the growing then falling out happens if you're a late shedder. After 6 weeks I had some longer hairs that were still holding on that you could see were bulby and destined to fall...and they did eventually.

Headaches aside its a pretty fascinating process.

What i mean by bulb, is the hairs when they Shed, there is a small bulb at the end of the shedded hair after it has Shed. Wich looks like a grafts attached to the hair.

But that should be normal Right?

what i mean by bulb, is the hairs when they shed, there is a small bulb at the end of the shedded hair after it has shed. Wich looks like a grafts attached to the hair.

But that should be normal right?

100%.

Yes. They regrow like all other hair in their different cycles. Telogen and anagen hair is harvested in hair grafts. Sometimes, some anagen hair continues to grow in the immediate post-op period. If normal trauma from surgery occurs, which happens to interrupt active growth for three months, transplanted hair returns and actively grows once again.

Telogen will be on the scalp for up to 3 months before shedding, and anagen will be on the scalp for 2 to 7 years.

On any given day, only about 10% of your scalp hair is telogen.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ok thanks for the replies, i just remember that from my first HT most of the hairs had shed by this point, only this time i've got a least 90% of the transplanted hair still there and growing, so i take that as a good sign.

Ok thanks for the replies, i just remember that from my first HT most of the hairs had shed by this point, only this time i've got a least 90% of the transplanted hair still there and growing, so i take that as a good sign.

ATP effect maybe?

Transplanted hair that has the appearance of growth for a few weeks after they are transplanted is an illusion. The transplant procedure induces the catagen then telogen phase of the growth cycle. The catagen phase is when the hair shaft is detached from the follicle. While this is happening the nourishment that the hair gets dwindles to nothing before the detachment. This is why the hair may look like it has a rougher, maybe even kinkier texture before it falls out but this varies from person to person.

Once the hair shaft detaches it then works it's way out of the follicle and the scalp tissue. A hair shaft/follicle will be anywhere from 3.5mm to 5mm in length so as it works it's way out of the scalp before it sheds it appears to be longer. It is longer but only on the surface of the scalp. The actual length of the hair shaft is unchanged.

There may be some slight growth before this occurs but it stops fairly soon after the hairs are physically transplanted and is not necessarily enough to be visible to the naked eye. There are some cases where hair does not shed at all, or at least very little, and the "ugly duckling" phase is averted entirely.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

I didn't get the ATP spray, it was just saline, buit i didn't use that first time, and i think it has helped with healing/scabs etc

So the hair is not really growing, ok. thanks for your explanation.