A propposal for Dr Doganay...

FM1

I'm not sure if Dr Doganay or his rep is still on this forum but I have a proposition for him. As someone who currently considering getting a hair transplant, I would be happy to volunteer to get a procedure done by Dr Doganay, at his normal price, provided he can provide a guarantee that he will be involved in the entire process - harvesting, extracting, incisions and implanting.

I will document the entire transplant process, including a video of the entire surgery, and make it available for public viewing on youtube. I will post before and after shots and ensure I post updated photos on a monthly basis at a minimum. All post surgery problems, including any discussions and interactions with the doctor will also be thoroughly documented.

To address any concerns of my review being 'bought', I can only say that I am a recent member of this forum but I have been a long standing member of another very reputable hair loss forum (this can be verified with my user name). Additionally, I would have sent him a private message to arrange some sort of compensation agreement in return for a review if I had wanted to do it in secret. This way, the whole process will be open to scrutiny by the whole forum. I want to ensure to you all that I am very objective and will provide a fair review.

If Dr Doganay, and lets face it - this forum, would like to restore their reputation, this would be a great way of doing so.

I'm not sure if Dr Doganay or his rep is still on this forum but I have a proposition for him. As someone who currently considering getting a hair transplant, I would be happy to volunteer to get a procedure done by Dr Doganay, at his normal price, provided he can provide a guarantee that he will be involved in the entire process - harvesting, extracting, incisions and implanting.

I will document the entire transplant process, including a video of the entire surgery, and make it available for public viewing on youtube. I will post before and after shots and ensure I post updated photos on a monthly basis at a minimum. All post surgery problems, including any discussions and interactions with the doctor will also be thoroughly documented.

To address any concerns of my review being 'bought', I can only say that I am a recent member of this forum but I have been a long standing member of another very reputable hair loss forum (this can be verified with my user name). I am very objective and will provide a fair review.

If Dr Doganay, and lets face it - this forum, would like to restore their reputation, this would be a great way of doing so.

The only way I would that is if the surgery was free based on all the terrible reviews the Dr. has...

The only way I would that is if the surgery was free based on all the terrible reviews the Dr. has...

That would be very problematic as people would then (rightfully) consider my review as having been bought in exchange for a free transplant. If it turns out to be an absolutely horrendous job, I will obviously be applying for a refund as well as consider legal action.

To address any concerns of my review being 'bought', I can only say that I am a recent member of this forum but I have been a long standing member of another very reputable hair loss forum (this can be verified with my user name). Additionally, I would have sent him a private message to arrange some sort of compensation agreement in return for a review if I had wanted to do it in secret. This way, the whole process will be open to scrutiny by the whole forum. I want to ensure to you all that I am very objective and will provide a fair review.

I'm curious as to your motivation? Why in the world would you ever volunteer to pay normal price to be a guinea pig when you can pay a normal price to go with a more reputable surgeon who has maintained his standards. I dunno man, it seems a little suspicious to me that there wouldn't be some other incentive for you to do it. I personally don't buy it for a second. If you are genuine about it, then what are you thinking? Its absolutely crazy.

Also, if you do it, then what exactly is it going to prove? Doganay may agree to do 100% of the procedure for you, but it sounds as if he isn't going to change his practice to do 100% of the procedure for everyone, so a successful procedure in your case really doesn't prove anything.

I'm curious as to your motivation? Why in the world would you ever volunteer to pay normal price to be a guinea pig when you can pay a normal price to go with a more reputable surgeon who has maintained his standards. I dunno man, it seems a little suspicious to me that there wouldn't be some other incentive for you to do it. I personally don't buy it for a second. If you are genuine about it, then what are you thinking? Its absolutely crazy.

Also, if you do it, then what exactly is it going to prove? Doganay may agree to do 100% of the procedure for you, but it sounds as if he isn't going to change his practice to do 100% of the procedure for everyone, so a successful procedure in your case really doesn't prove anything.

I'm not sure what you're driving at. What's your concern exactly?

If you're worried I'm just a shill getting paid to do this, I'd be happy to post a video to show I'm a genuine hair transplant candidate who lives and works in London and not some random guy in Turkey looking to make a quick buck. Provided this thread gets the necessary traction and response, I'd be happy to provide any other additional means of proof that is asked of me.

I'm not sure what you're driving at. What's your concern exactly?

If you're worried I'm just a shill getting paid to do this, I'd be happy to post a video to show I'm a genuine hair transplant candidate who lives and works in London and not some random guy in Turkey looking to make a quick buck. Provided this thread gets the necessary traction and response, I'd be happy to provide any other additional means of proof that is asked of me.

okay fair enough if you are genuine about it, but why exactly are you willing to risk going to a surgeon who it appears has seen his standards dip for the normal price? Why not just go with the Erdogans or Lorenzos of the world?

He's receiving far too much attention already.

He was a trusted physician who chose to compromise his own ethical standards at the expense of several forum and non-forum members. I have no sympathy or interest in helping him restore his reputation. Let him do it on his own..... the old-fashioned way.

He's receiving far too much attention already.

He was a trusted physician who chose to compromise his own ethical standards at the expense of several forum and non-forum members. I have no sympathy or interest in helping him restore his reputation. Let him do it on his own..... the old-fashioned way.

Well said!

I think the motivation is that you think you will get the best of Dr Dogany as you think you gurantee the doctor will treat this as special case, and based on previous good cases presented by this doctor in the past you expect you will end up with best result as you will be special case and dr would want to prove his work.... (so its for you more than helping doctor get back his reputation) ... but be carfull as this might not be smart as you thinking! Also take in consideration that dr is depending on techs for a while now so foung the whole surgery might not be so good now.

(Sorry for bad English)

If he was to take up the challenge and offer you the end to end service (no techs),and achieve an amazing result it still wouldn't address the concerns floating around recently. Yours would be a single success outside of his normal service, nothing more. Everyone that follows would have techs doing at least some work...so a successful could me more misleading to the forum that helpful.

okay fair enough if you are genuine about it, but why exactly are you willing to risk going to a surgeon who it appears has seen his standards dip for the normal price? Why not just go with the Erdogans or Lorenzos of the world?

The main reason is that my maximum budget is €3 per graft. I know both doctors to be very reputable, although there seems to be a number of negative reviews against Dr Erdogan, but they are out of my price range.

At the moment Dr Resul Yaman is at the top of my list but there just isn't enough information about him or enough patient reviews for me to feel confident in his skill and ability.

I think the motivation is that you think you will get the best of Dr Dogany as you think you gurantee the doctor will treat this as special case, and based on previous good cases presented by this doctor in the past you expect you will end up with best result as you will be special case and dr would want to prove his work.... (so its for you more than helping doctor get back his reputation) ... but be carfull as this might not be smart as you thinking! Also take in consideration that dr is depending on techs for a while now so foung the whole surgery might not be so good now.

(Sorry for bad English)

If he was to take up the challenge and offer you the end to end service (no techs),and achieve an amazing result it still wouldn't address the concerns floating around recently. Yours would be a single success outside of his normal service, nothing more. Everyone that follows would have techs doing at least some work...so a successful could me more misleading to the forum that helpful.

You are both correct in that this may be treated as a one-off case which he may see as an opportunity to restore his reputation and then go back to his own ways. However, I am looking at this from a wider viewpoint.

This has the potential to be a massive benefit for this forum and the community as the doctor will now be aware that any patient from this forum is someone who is well informed and not someone he can put through a mill without any concern for the surgery efficacy and patient care. Ultimately and ideally, he may change his modus operandi completely and go back to providing an end to end service for all his clients and not just forum members. I am hoping he will recognise that providing consistently good results is the best way to ensure longevity for his business instead of churning patients through as quickly as possible with terrible results.

Secondly, other prospective members can use this thread as a framework which they can apply when looking for a hair transplant surgeon. They can start a thread, state their intention of documenting the whole process and ultimately increase visibility on their particular case to ensure the doctor performs at his very best knowing that the particular procedure will be under a great deal of scrutiny.

I feel this is a necessary step to increase confidence in the 'recommended doctor network'. As I see it, it is not a definitive list for doctors who consistently show excellent results. In fact, in some instances it's quite the opposite and given how easy to get on that list, i.e. two or three people vouch for them, they pay a fee and they are on the list, it does not instil a great deal of confidence in me and I'm sure others too.

Dear FM1

Thanks for interesting in a FUE surgery with Dr. Hakan DOGANAY. You mentioned a proposal for Dr. Hakan DOGANAY you are welcome to our clinic anytime. We would like to go for it there is no problem from our side. We also invite moderator to our clinic that how we do all operation anyway please keep in touch with me via info@hakandoganayfue.com

Regards

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

The main reason is that my maximum budget is €3 per graf[t/COLOR]. I know both doctors to be very reputable, although there seems to be a number of negative reviews against Dr Erdogan, but they are out of my price range.

I know everyone has a price range, but isn't this the reason people get burned with HTs?

Trying to save money?

Dear FM1

Thanks for interesting in a FUE surgery with Dr. Hakan DOGANAY. You mentioned a proposal for Dr. Hakan DOGANAY you are welcome to our clinic anytime. We would like to go for it there is no problem from our side. We also invite moderator to our clinic that how we do all operation anyway please keep in touch with me via info@hakandoganayfue.com

Regards

Email has been sent. I look forward to your response.