Update on Dr. Mohebi Hair Transplant Contest Winner, Marc

Earlier in the year, Dr. Mohebi ran a contest to provide a Free Hair Transplant to one lucky individual. The rules were simple: Submit a video explaining what a hair transplant would mean for you and why you think you'd be a good candidate.

After reviewing the submissions, Dr. Mohebi and his team chose Marc Richter as the winner of the contest. You can view his submission video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19w2km-rP0.

Marc had his procedure on February 27th, 2015, with a total of 2,249 grafts. A little less than half of the surgery was done using ARTAS (978 grafts) and the remaining 1271 were done manually.

The documentary should be complete sometime early next year. They are still filming as Dr. Mohebi continues to document Marc's progress. You can read more about what the journey has been like so far for Marc in Dr. Mohebi's blog.

The breakdown of the grafts are as follows:

Total grafts: 2,249

Ones: 489

Twos: 1182

Threes: 555

Fours: 23

Hairline: 250

Front: 1350

Top: 649

The attached photo shows Marc's progression up to the 9 month mark.

Consultation, Top Left

Day of Procedure, Top Right

6 Month Followup, Bottom Left

9 Month Followup, Bottom Right

5b32e9c10bf3a_image2(1).jpg.a8e771fe24d3bd22c9ee40471ab282a2.jpg

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Looking forward to seeing this. He's looking great at nine months. Well done to all involved.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your positive words and support. I'd love to share with you my experience, and as of now I think it'd be more personal if I were to answer and questions you might have about what I've went through. :)

Fire away!!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

Hi Marc, Voxman here, the guy that came in 2nd to you :mad:...LOL

How has your agent perceived your change in appearance and has it led to an opening of offers for auditions?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Did you have any growth at 6 months? I am 5.5 months post op and do not have much growth at all so seeing your picture has given me hope!

Hey bro! I saw light growth, but I was in a similar position as you.. Not as much as I expected.. But this next few months after it just started coming in out of no where. I'm able to poof up my hair again and it doesn't look totally stupid. :-)

Born Oct ’89

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Voxman,

That's a good question, but I'm not an actor. All I can say is I feel more confident pitching myself as an artist still in music instead of a songwriter!

Born Oct ’89

My regimen includes:

Voxman,

That's a good question, but I'm not an actor. All I can say is I feel more confident pitching myself as an artist still in music instead of a songwriter!

My bad - I thought you were acting - still the music industry can be very appearance and age driven in either case. Best of luck!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.