ASMED - Dr Koray Erdogan - 3200 FUE November 25th 2015

Raman

Hi all, here is my experience -

After 12 months of researching Hair Transplants, Doctors and FUE I decided to have my surgery done with Dr Koray Erdogan of ASMED in Istanbul. The reason I chose him was from seeing on this and other forums his great results especially with the frontal hairline which was my main concern.

I traveled from Sydney to Istanbul to have 3200 FUE on the 25th of November 2015

All in all I had a great experience and would not hesitate to recommend Dr Koray Erdogan and all his staff, who were all very friendly and professional - especially my personal ASMED co-ordinator Sevinc who organized everything about my stay, from surgery dates, accommodation right down to airport and hotel transfers. The ASMED clinic was what everyone on this forum has been saying - extremely clean and modern, very impressive.

The surgery only took 1 day - starting at 8 am it took Dr Koray's experienced technicians around 4 hours to do the extractions, then half hour lunch, back in for Dr Koray to do the incisions which took around 45 mins, then the rest of the day till around 6pm for the technicians to complete inserting the grafts. I was back at the hotel eating and watching TV by 7pm. It was much less of a ordeal than I thought it would be. I apparently went to sleep after watching a movie while the surgery was going on.

Below are my personal before and straight after surgery photos. The after photos look quite red, sore and swollen but honestly I experienced very little pain throughout the whole thing. In the next few days after surgery I have been quite surprised how fast I have healed up and how quickly the swelling subsided. Will post 5 days after surgery photos tomorrow.

IMG_5179.jpg.836a47fe555d841c11747471797c6cc5.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg.6344287a30d9f107143a48677bbd89c0.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg.9e0ce8b789b4a3189426cd3227dd37c8.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg.719f0f38368f3ea0ddaa7f9e743924b6.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg.123ff51f0d41c60680cc3561ab46d1bb.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg.bf01a77f7edf1ae8d23d8cd0d3ec0347.jpg

IMG_5180.jpg.e6b272bbd9c1d778d369b65c77aaa0c1.jpg

IMG_5184.jpg.fa31fa3e5cd5c2fbf2f9a6d38fc9de05.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg.542cdc6519bd8aaeee5e007d810475d3.jpg

Raman! Finally you went for it! Congrats buddy. I wish you well. The hair line and temple work is excellent. I be in that chair again in April buddy!

Thanks guys! Astaldo I noticed your hair really thickened up after the 6 month mark, least now I know what I can hope for at that stage too.

Yas89 from your pics your hair looks great already. how many more grafts are you hoping to get in April?

Rawkerboi I will post the pics from the clinic so it gives a clearer picture of why I needed so many.

Hey Raman! Your hairline has quite a bit in common with mine, and we're in the same age group. . I arrived in Istanbul last night, consultaton Monday, 3200 grafts scheduled Tues. I chose Erdogan for the same criteria you mentioned - dense frontal hairline. Your thread is comforting to read as I head into an identical process.

I'll be keep track of the thread, best of luck with us both getting a somewhat dense new hairline. :)

Edited by ersko72
Typo

Yeah I left last Tuesday. The Raddisson is really good. There is a grocery store just around the corner and small cafes across the road not far from grocery store. Just ask at reception. Cheaper and better than the minibar and hotel food.

If you feel any pain during op dont hesitate for more anesthetic it only stings for a sec and then scalp is numb.

Will be updating with better pics shortly.

Good call on the pictures! Damn loving your hair line and temple work. You already had decent existing hair. Your result will be excellent.

At the minute, I look exactly like your pre op pics. So really hoping for lowering my hair line and do the temples like yours. I be getting 3000 grafts in April. Maybe more if the doctor decides to. But I don't think I need more than 3000

Raman, do you have the technical data of your transplant? Etc, graft groupings

Thanks Raman. My hair count was 2.14 as well but I only had 2400 grafts then. Not sure about my donor capacity as I was not told. My donor is really thick and will ask Dr Koray in April

Yaz I looked back at some of your pics and I think you have a much stronger hairline than I had pre-op so I think 3000 fue will be heaps. Average donor capacity is around 7000 and as your hair looks really thick I don't think you will have any worries.

Hey Raman,

It all went well. I'm Day 3 and still in Istanbul doing the tourist thing with the other half. I'll halfway writing my review and will pop it online in the next day or two. I'm loving the outline of my new hairline and I'm really hoping for a solid final result.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Erkso looking forward to seeing your results.

I'm just over 3 weeks now and transplanted hair starting to shed. Lost about 50% of hairs so far, will post some pics soon. Hoping the quicker the hairs shed the faster the new growth.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing Raman.

I'm from Sydney and considering Erdogan.

Is he able to prove the number of grafts implanted and incisions made? There is a post of a sceptical partner of a patient who has counted the incisions and believes it's only half of what was agreed. She is medical professional aswell. Did not mention which surgeon.

Did you take Finisteride before HT?

What duration consumption before procedure have you heard is optimal?

Hey FUE,

Good question! Not sure if he could prove how many he made. The one regret of my operation was not counting the incisions while he was making them. Even though you cannot see the incisions obviously nor feel them because of the anesthetic I could hear them being made like a scratch from your fingernail across your scalp. That being said he was making incisions quite fast I would say between 1 -2 incisions per second for around 40 mins. So in doing the math its quite possible to acheive my 3200 incisions in 40 mins at that rate. When I tried counting the FU/cm2 on my scalp after the op, I came out with around 30 per cm2 and apparently I had a total area covered of 90cm2 which totals 2700 FUs all up. The area where I took the sample cm2 was on my temple which was easier to count as some other areas seemed a little more densely packed where I can only hope that was where the remaining 500 FUs were placed.

Hope this helps. Also I was taking finasteride for about 3 months before my op. Not sure what would be an optimal time to take before op though.

• 1 month later...