Current Price Lists

This site offers so much valuable information, but I believe prices for every surgeon/clinic should be readily available to the community. Make a link on the homepage to the pricing and list all recommended surgeons and their pricing. While pricing should never drive a decision, it certainly is part of the process.

Think we can make this happen? I would make it a condition for membership.

it is actually not so difficult to ask for the pricing. A simple email or phone call should be enough if there is no info on the website. Price lists are usually not a common practice in may industries not only because prices change depending on demand but also because you do not want to scare off some potential customer and also because you have products that are more difficult to explain...

Wow. With all do respect, I feel both of those responses are horrible. The entire premise of this site is to educate prospective clients and to have all possible information located in one place (ie: this website). I maintain that pricing for every recommended surgeon on this site should be located on this site.

Wow. With all do respect, I feel both of those responses are horrible. The entire premise of this site is to educate prospective clients and to have all possible information located in one place (ie: this website). I maintain that pricing for every recommended surgeon on this site should be located on this site.

Would be it be nice? Sure. But it's also your job to seek out the specifics. The forum is a resource not end all be all. Also be careful not to make price your #1 priority. You get what you pay for.

I agree with esrec, do your own research. This site is for information provided by patients... also some reps as well, but it should not be the end all of HT information. Prices change all the time. For something like HT, price should not be the reason you choose a specific Dr... From what I know, the best North American Drs charge around the same.

It would be great to get greater transparency around pricing, but lets not leave it up to the clinics. I am convinced that certain groups of people are getting charged more than others, and the folks that negotiate manage to get the prices down. Even the clinics that reflect prices on their website will drop their prices during a negotiation. I contact other posters that use the surgeon I am considering to get a feel for what they got charged.

• 3 months later...

It would be a good habit to include price info, when people start their results threads. Many already list FU counts, Norwood type, and more, so why not price?

(To contribute: I elsewhere reported that an otherwise unreviewed doctor in Colombia last year quoted me $1700 during a $30 consultation -- I'm Norwood II -- though I have yet to schedule an appointment.)