3036 grafts dr ferriera at seager

don174

From where you was at 8 months ago you made a lot of progress IMO

There is still time for your hair to mature even more this next several months, ive seen this before where hair matures between 8 & 18

Just be a little more patient your going in the right direction but you must of known with the amount of hair loss you had that it would take several passes to get you what you can live with right?

dont be to harsh on yourself, your doing well.

See where your at, come Christmas then decide your next step.

So I decided to take this picture in my hotel washroom in Jamaica. The lightening is quite strong, but looking at my 8 months restults has really freaked me out . Not to happy .

Iam really my nxt surgery with potential dr hasson is able to turn things around . Really upset :(

Don, are you the same guy in Toronto who called me on the phone a few weeks ago??

If so, call me again. Same number. Lets talk.

I dont want you to freak out. It appears something may have gone wrong.

Trust me. Its probably fixable.

Call me when you have the chance

Don

I understand your concern. You had 3000 grafts place in a large area. Even if all the grafts grew you will still lack density and may not be a satisfactory cosmetic result for you. Your doctor should have explained this to you before your surgery. I definitely see a difference and wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the grafts grew. I am sure in the next 4 months it will thicken but probably not to the point where you will be content.

Looking at your before pictures and your 8 months pictures this is the type of result that can be expected for such a small amount of grafts in a large area. All you have to go is measure the area transplanted to the grafts implanted and this will give you an idea of grafts per square cm. Once again there is a big cosmetic difference from your before.

Now depending on your donor for your second transplant you may have to decide whether you want more density in the front or the crown filled in. Hopefully you have enough donor to cover both.

Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Don, are you the same guy in Toronto who called me on the phone a few weeks ago??

If so, call me again. Same number. Lets talk.

I dont want you to freak out. It appears something may have gone wrong.

Trust me. Its probably fixable.

Call me when you have the chance

hey bud, currently on vaca in jamaica.Back july 10th.Try you then, or maybe in the evening on whatsapp .What do you think has gone wrong?

Question guys: I use surhair fibers 4x/wk, along with some hair spray then wash at night with baby shampoo. Can this cause more damage?

thanx

• 5 weeks later...

I wont mince words Don, I dont think its a very good result and I also think you probably couldve gotten a better result had you gone to one of the referred doctors on this forum.

The good news however is you still have 3 months of growing left, and its possible you're just a late bloomer.

A lot can happen in 3 months

How many more grafts do you guys think I need to complete the process and give me good density- and who do you y'all think is the best dr for the job.

Wanna be done with this and move on. Hopefully last procedure .

• 1 month later...

10 month top view : pic 2

I was quoted as able to obtain another 2500 grafts from my last scar strip. How do you guys suggest I allocate them- all at top and crown , or was thinking 2000 grafts top/crown and 500 to dense up the front . Thoughts on my pics and graft suggestions.

Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.e4d2e810ad4dd83482e47966f7ffb0e7.jpeg

• 2 months later...

iam exactly 1 yr out from my 1st hair transplant.I had my second transplant at the 11 months with dr coterill, results on 2nd post.Though i did get most of my 2nd HT in the crown, a few hundred were put in the top.

iam writing b/c the results of my first HT in the front are very dissapointing.Its thinned out alot.Not sure if from shock loss or bad HT.

the dr at seager, dr ferreira left and the owner sold to dr gupta of sure hair.When i saw dr gupta at this summer, he agreed that the result was sub-par and doesnt think all 3k graft took. He said cant blame techs, it was just my bad luck and made no effort the compensate.

can any of the admins here help me with my situation.maybe reach out to dr gupta,.See if i can get some compensation back

thanx

• Administrators
iam exactly 1 yr out from my 1st hair transplant.I had my second transplant at the 11 months with dr coterill, results on 2nd post.Though i did get most of my 2nd HT in the crown, a few hundred were put in the top.

iam writing b/c the results of my first HT in the front are very dissapointing.Its thinned out alot.Not sure if from shock loss or bad HT.

the dr at seager, dr ferreira left and the owner sold to dr gupta of sure hair.When i saw dr gupta at this summer, he agreed that the result was sub-par and doesnt think all 3k graft took. He said cant blame techs, it was just my bad luck and made no effort the compensate.

can any of the admins here help me with my situation.maybe reach out to dr gupta,.See if i can get some compensation back

thanx

Is Dr. Gupta a recommended physician? If he isn't there's not much this site could do, is he recommended by IAHRS? You could file a complaint with them if he is.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

He's not a recommended dr, but he never did the surgery. The dr who did left and no longer practicing HT. Dr Gupta has bought over the clinic . The techs are still the same

This is just a guess on my part, but if dr. Gupta didnt own the clinic at the time of your surgery, there's no way he's gonna refund you any money.

And just for reference, here we have yet another transplant that appears to be a partial failure.

Gotta wonder how many more of these are out there

Talked with Gupta , he said since was done prior to his takeover of the company , he won't do anything .

I did had a few hundred hairs placed in front ,how do i determine if this look is due to shock loss and if so, how long does it take to recover?

This in my opinion shows a lot about the character of this doctor. He bought Seagar Hair clinic probaly because of the reputation. Dr. Seagar was a great doctor with a great reputation. If not he would have opened his own clinic or changed the name to his name. I am sure he left the name alone so he would profit from the name since it has been around for years. In my views part of this is taking the good with the bad. I dont think if a great result would come for a follow up that wanted another surgery I am sure he wouldn't say "your transplant looks great but it was done by a different doctor, I am different so the result may not be the same"

This doctor should honor the good and the bad from this clinic. He should have seen what he could do to make you happy so that the reputation of this clinic is maintained. Now do you think he wanted people to say Seagar clinic used to be great but there is a new doctor and its not the same. I do not buy his excuse and think it will be damaging to him in the future.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Talked with Gupta , he said since was done prior to his takeover of the company , he won't do anything .

I did had a few hundred hairs placed in front

When I saw you in person I think you're gonna do okay, Don.

You werent very dense up front, but you werent very thin either.

I think when you get everything to thicken up a bit on all sides of the scalp (front-scalp and mid-scalp), you're gonna be a winner.

Thats just my $0.02 cents worth.

Take it for whats its worth. I dont care

When I saw you in person I think you're gonna do okay, Don.

You werent very dense up front, but you werent very thin either.

I think when you get everything to thicken up a bit on all sides of the scalp (front-scalp and mid-scalp), you're gonna be a winner.

Thats just my $0.02 cents worth.

Take it for whats its worth. I dont care

Hope your right dutchie . I forget if I had fibers on that day.As of now,my front is worse it's ever been.Hoping it's just shock loss that will resolve. I see dr coterill on wed for 1 month f/u.

A good transplant shouldn't have to rely on concealer . As of now , can't go in public without it or a hat.Hoping with this 2nd transplant I won't , but as of now , I regret having a HT. Shaved head suited me

• 1 year later...
On 11/7/2015 at 3:29 PM, don174 said:

h8.JPG.a2721ddcadf504085b4a39dd33e305d3.JPG

Hi don174, not sure if you still post here, but I was wondering why the HT didn't insert any grafts to the back part of the top part of your head. It is a bit bare.

I'm glad that you had a 2nd HT and that it looked much better.