NW 7 Baldness transformed using UGraft Body Hair Transplant by Dr. U

dm_bald1.png

This patient suffered from severe Norwood 7 stage baldness, even after undergoing numerous surgeries. He also had a noticeable surgery scar on the back of his head. Luckily, Dr. U’s UGraft body hair restoration system gave this man a more natural head of hair and a camouflaged strip scar. Watch video for better illustration of his results

GRAFT BREAKDOWN

· 5651 grafts of beard hair

· 1341 grafts of chest hair

· 696 grafts of abdomen hair

· 335 grafts of armpit hair

By utilizing other sources of hair, Dr. U was able provide successful results from a patient with very little hair on his head as a donor source.

dm_grafts.png

blur1.png

dm_beforeafter1.png

dm_beforeafter2.png

VIDEO

A video of the case is shown below:

watch?v=k_lr3sZSwvU

Edited by Abbie

Representing Dr. Umar of DermHair Clinic.

Dr. Umar is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

If you think that looks good, God love you.

If you don't think that's a big improvement on where he started from then......God love you.

At the end of the day the patient is cleary delighted with the result and that's all that matters.

If you don't think that's a big improvement on where he started from then......God love you.

Respectfully, it's not an improvement. Before he looked bald. Now he looks strange. And that's because he's got armpit hair on his head. Pause a moment and consider that in isolation: he has armpit hair on his head.

Of course, my aim is not to insult anyone, but I think honest assessments have to take precedence.

At the end of the day the patient is cleary delighted with the result and that's all that matters.

I disagree. Some people have distorted perceptions of reality, and frankly, that calls for some independent judgment.

I've been on hair forums (off and on) since 2003. And there's an 800-pound gorilla that no one dares acknowledge: mental illness. In particular, I'm talking about body-image-related mental illness. Simply put, the fact that some men are so afraid of being bald that they'd sooner staple armpit hair onto a Norwood 7 pattern is a fair indication that they've come loose from their moorings. And in fact, this is precisely how so many of these Hollywood women wind up with duck lips, cats' eyes, and triple-H breasts. Their fear, anxiety,and insecurity pushed them into a desperate circumstance that clouded their judgment.

The human eye is so discerning that it can often tell that something's awry *even* when the transplant consists solely of scalp hair. And that's because hair taken from the donor area does not have the finer properties of the hair that naturally occurs at the hairline. So it takes great surgical skill to make a hair transplant undetectable even when dealing with scalp hair. But when you're dealing with body hair, it's infinitely more difficult to achieve a natural look. And where, as here, you have to cover a large expanse with body hair, I think you really have to stop and ask yourself what you're doing.

Respectfully, it's not an improvement. Before he looked bald. Now he looks strange. And that's because he's got armpit hair on his head. Pause a moment and consider that in isolation: he has armpit hair on his head.

Of course, my aim is not to insult anyone, but I think honest assessments have to take precedence.

I disagree. Some people have distorted perceptions of reality, and frankly, that calls for some independent judgment.

I've been on hair forums (off and on) since 2003. And there's an 800-pound gorilla that no one dares acknowledge: mental illness. In particular, I'm talking about body-image-related mental illness. Simply put, the fact that some men are so afraid of being bald that they'd sooner staple armpit hair onto a Norwood 7 pattern is a fair indication that they've come loose from their moorings. And in fact, this is precisely how so many of these Hollywood women wind up with duck lips, cats' eyes, and triple-H breasts. Their fear, anxiety,and insecurity pushed them into a desperate circumstance that clouded their judgment.

The human eye is so discerning that it can often tell that something's awry *even* when the transplant consists solely of scalp hair. And that's because hair taken from the donor area does not have the finer properties of the hair that naturally occurs at the hairline. So it takes great surgical skill to make a hair transplant undetectable even when dealing with scalp hair. But when you're dealing with body hair, it's infinitely more difficult to achieve a natural look. And where, as here, you have to cover a large expanse with body hair, I think you really have to stop and ask yourself what you're doing.

Great post. I like Dr Umar alot but this patient should have been turned away or at the very most had the scar filled in with the previous recipient grafts extracted and re-planted into the scar.... Just my take on this. The patient does seem very happy though.

Edited by Mickey85

I hAVE TO AGREE, though kinkyness of the hair may be secondary to afro hair pattern. (more curly hairs)

My Thread: 

I think this person may be better suited to getting SMP. I think the dark features may look better with a close shaved look rather than longer more sparse growth.

Does SMP work well for people with more progressed cases like this?

I think, on technical merits, that this case is interesting. It's the first armpit hair case I've seen. And that the patient is happy is significant. However, it is very difficult for me to think that this is a cosmetic improvement in objective terms. Yes, the patient began with a somewhat pluggy hairline. Look--baldness sucks. But it's natural and normal; every human being sees bald men every day. It does not turn heads or (generally speaking) look out of the ordinary. I think this patient now has a result that, while it provides more coverage, WILL turn heads and DOES look out of the ordinary. If I were the patient, I would have had a surgeon excise the pluggy grafts, if possible, and simply shave down and maybe augment with some SMP. The patient's skin tone makes that a potentially very pleasing solution. I know it's easy for me to say, but I would rather be shaved down than have this patient's final result.

This is, of course, no knock of Dr. Umar. I think he's an extraordinary surgeon and can do things that no one else can. He took on an extremely challenging case and did the best job, I think, that current technology allows. But this case illustrates the unforgiving limitations of body hair and exhausted scalp donor region.