3000 graft FUT. Have some concerns.

srm73

Hi everyone. I want to share my experience of HT that I had 2.5 months ago. For now I don't want to mention the name of the clinic or the doctor as its too early. I will post a separate thread in the before and after HT section with all the details later when I start to see any results. For now, I have a few concerns that I want to get some opinions on and will appreciate any comments or suggestions.

I am going to give a little background about my hair loss. My hair loss has been really slow over the years but in the last year or so, I started seeing loss to an extent where I can call myself (Balding). That was the time when I started looking into my options. After quite a bit of research and 3 consultations, I finally made my decision to get an HT in the front, and start using Rogaine for the top and crown. I got 3000 grafts.

My first concern is about fin which I have been using on and off as I experienced side effects. I stopped after 1 month of usage and re-started after about a 3 week break. To my surprise I was side effect free and was very happy thinking I am doing everything as suggested and hoping to have a full head of hair some day. Everything went well for about a month and a half I would say until just a few days ago, I experienced the side effect again. Now I am very depressed that I might not get the results by using Rogaine alone for crown and top. Anyone had any experience with using rogaine without the drugs and see results?

My other concerns are my HT related. I started having achene in my recipient area about 2.5 weeks ago. Right now the pimples seem to have dried out but they have turned into like scabs. If I run my fingers in the area, i feel the bumps and it seems like hair are stuck hard in them. They can be viewed in the close up image that I have attached. I am afraid to mess with them thinking that I might damage the grafts. Any suggestions on how I can remove them? Should I even leave them as they are? They really bother me btw.

Another concern I have a growth related. I want to get an honest opinion from every one about my HT situation right now. Is this what to expect after almost 3 months. I am only 6 days to go to complete 3 months. Right now, if I take a closer look, I hardly see any hair at the very edge of where the hair line is supposed to be. If you look at the 2.5 week photo, the one taken when I still had most of the scabs, a clear hair line can be seen. I hope all of those hair do grow back. Other than that you can see empty patches which I hope are the hair that fell off and are going to re-grow. i do see tiny hair in the recipient area spread randomly which might not be visible in the pics. Another thing I want to mention here is that I was told that all the transplanted should fall off within a few weeks post OP. In my case it seems like only about half of them or may be even less did actually fall out. Other seemed to have been growing and some seem to have no growth. Is this normal? Overall if you compare my before and after HT photos, I don't think you see much difference IMO. Is it mainly because I already had some hair in the area before the HT and are now getting camouflaged?

Something a little off topic. Are there any people from the GTA area in canada on this forum?

I will really appreciate any inputs, comments and suggestion everyone. Thanks in advance.

before.jpg.e5b24f6256f5914c9cd589cfaf64c67a.jpg

1day.jpg.d5c1efae64ac1a18f638d005b13b7fc2.jpg

2.5weeks.jpg.62824b79afe73740e9d81ddeb2d9dd23.jpg

2.5months.jpg.cf21d9067e6ffd1bf2a7bcef6210f7da.jpg

closeup.jpg.61a2e4fda151917a9fa61e93fe7e5178.jpg

Edited by srm73
Spell correctios

Give it more time see what happens at 6 months please update us and all the best to you

2 incidents from Fin in a short period of time and you're advocating to continue for 6 months? Surprising feedback.

I had nothing at all going on at 3 months. At 4 months I could start to see some small hairs breaking through but still no noticeable result. By 6 months (just 2 weeks ago), it all started coming together. Be patient....you still have plenty of time before things start firing up!

5b32e8c7a1362_Hairat6months.jpg.c7e4c261fb34b6b90800a7c9fab4cdbb.jpg

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

You should see a decent result with 3k grafts in that area if you get good yield, but probably not earth shattering.

What side effect are you getting?

Your result will look good much longer with fin but it is a personal choice if the risk or side effects are worth it.

Your site is a little bloody. Did you do proper after care, spraying etc? You should not have any expectations for another 2 so 3 months as far as the HT goes.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had nothing at all going on at 3 months. At 4 months I could start to see some small hairs breaking through but still no noticeable result. By 6 months (just 2 weeks ago), it all started coming together. Be patient....you still have plenty of time before things start firing up!

Thank you for the input. Wao, It really takes a long time for the transplanted hair to grow. Well, it sure makes me feel better thinking that I am not the only one.

You should see a decent result with 3k grafts in that area if you get good yield, but probably not earth shattering.

What side effect are you getting?

Your result will look good much longer with fin but it is a personal choice if the risk or side effects are worth it.

Your site is a little bloody. Did you do proper after care, spraying etc? You should not have any expectations for another 2 so 3 months as far as the HT goes.

Thank you for your input on this Spanker. Can you please elaborate a little more on "getting good yield". As for the side effects, I experienced a weak erection. So drugs do make a difference. Humm, may be I could try reducing the dose. I was taking 5 mg tablet cut in 4 pieces, so apprx 1.25 mg everyday. As for my site being bloody, its because the photo was taken aprx 12 hours post op and I hadn't started any of the post op treatments yet at that time. I definately am feeling a lot better now in terms of hair growth. So I guess patience is the key here.