Hair Transplant Assessment

I'm a 27 year old male headed for what I believe is a norwood 5a? Would you guys agree? How smart would it be in your opinion to get a FUE procedure done at this stage? How many grafts do you believe it would take? My hope is to keep my hair buzzed so density isn't as great a concern for me as it may be for others.

My hair in these photos were buzzed at a 1 last week.

IMG_6025.jpg.d073ef2f697e28c7c2e3f884f971732d.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg.17ee9dc595fa5cdcd1585381725e0097.jpg

I have been on minoxidil for several years which has maintained by crown fairly well. The pattern on my crown has not changed since I was 22-23. Unfortunately finasteride had side effects which forced me to stop using it.

Knowing my crown loss has slowed, do you believe I'd be a candidate for FUE?

You have great donor and hair characteristics - don't know where you're from, but Dr. Rahal in Ottawa does FUE in North America and that's where I had my procedure done because I'm from the US. I just underwent my 2nd FUE procedure with him to address my crown and couldn't be happier. Otherwise you have other top knotch FUE docs in Europe, ie. Lorenzo, Dr Bisanga, Dr Frediuni. I understand Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Konior in the US also have some excellent FUE results. Do your research, get a couple of online and phone consulations, send in your photos, etc, get pricing, see their results, and go with your gut - that's how I chose Dr. Rahal. As long as you choose a skilled surgeon, you will be in good hands, its just a matter of who you're comfortable with. I too think that you are a perfect FUE candidate and should have an excellent result. Best of luck

FUE has been achievable in cases similar ro yours. Id say consult a couple of doctors, those docs that visible in online marketing and those that dont partake in forum marketing techniques. There are unfound gems out there. Look at the costs, the quality, andformer patienta if availavle. Cost doesnt mean nothing as to how some marketers may portray. You can have a guy that charges $2 bucks a graft outperform a guy that charges $8. To say that higher cost equates to higher quality is downright fraud according to communication etc regs per the FTC. You can have a guy tgat pays much more and end up with a poor result and even more harmed after with multiple procedures. Trust me i know a few.

So, the key here is to be transparent. Im bein transparent by telling you to get consults from docs that indulge in heavy forum marketing and those that are not heard of online. Weigh the pros and cons and see if proper surigcal procedures are followed and that NO TECH extracts your grafts. Your paying for a doctor to work on you and any surgical incision or extraction should only be done by a doc. I dont care how artificially inflated a doc presence is, but a doc should do the job if you are paying a premium. It aggravates me to see few docs, such as in Turkey that do the entire fue procedure themselves and come out with excellent resulta and yet the consumer only pays like $1-2 per graft. Yet we have clinics here tht invoke fear of travel or their reps do and mention all the negativities about it. Honestly, i think i wish i can turn back time.

Im being basically told to get an expensive biopsy test out of my pocket as a prerequisite to my repair. This is even when military docs cleared me of the suspected condition the doc claims he thought i had.. Being told i will have to pay for my own expensive airline tickets and suffer more damages, in order to get repaired where the doc couldnt deliver. Not many people know these things but it is really making me think about what i went through. Then there are patients who boast about the clinic going out of their way to help me. Help me? it is always wise not to comment on someones procedure based on what you are told regarding that patient.

So, i just wanted to let you know. Dont believe everything. Talk to real patients and not celebrities or folks advicating a clinic or defending one profusely. Just do your own research. If you in the area i can show you my donor and hairline density right now in person.

FUE has been achievable in cases similar ro yours. Id say consult a couple of doctors, those docs that visible in online marketing and those that dont partake in forum marketing techniques. There are unfound gems out there. Look at the costs, the quality, andformer patienta if availavle. Cost doesnt mean nothing as to how some marketers may portray. You can have a guy that charges $2 bucks a graft outperform a guy that charges $8. To say that higher cost equates to higher quality is downright fraud according to communication etc regs per the FTC. You can have a guy tgat pays much more and end up with a poor result and even more harmed after with multiple procedures. Trust me i know a few.

So, the key here is to be transparent. Im bein transparent by telling you to get consults from docs that indulge in heavy forum marketing and those that are not heard of online. Weigh the pros and cons and see if proper surigcal procedures are followed and that NO TECH extracts your grafts. Your paying for a doctor to work on you and any surgical incision or extraction should only be done by a doc. I dont care how artificially inflated a doc presence is, but a doc should do the job if you are paying a premium. It aggravates me to see few docs, such as in Turkey that do the entire fue procedure themselves and come out with excellent resulta and yet the consumer only pays like $1-2 per graft. Yet we have clinics here tht invoke fear of travel or their reps do and mention all the negativities about it. Honestly, i think i wish i can turn back time.

Im being basically told to get an expensive biopsy test out of my pocket as a prerequisite to my repair. This is even when military docs cleared me of the suspected condition the doc claims he thought i had.. Being told i will have to pay for my own expensive airline tickets and suffer more damages, in order to get repaired where the doc couldnt deliver. Not many people know these things but it is really making me think about what i went through. Then there are patients who boast about the clinic going out of their way to help me. Help me? it is always wise not to comment on someones procedure based on what you are told regarding that patient.

So, i just wanted to let you know. Dont believe everything. Talk to real patients and not celebrities or folks advicating a clinic or defending one profusely. Just do your own research. If you in the area i can show you my donor and hairline density right now in person.

Thanks for the feedback. I've had my eye on some of the Turkish FUE wizards. It's just a matter of making that commitment and trip all the way from Canada.

Problem to take in to account is that DHT is still miniturising your follicles, minox does not help there, so unless you know that you won't bald beyond a NW4 probably won't be a problem. Take your time though in choosing the right Doc, wrong decision can make things worse not better.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts