HT without fin / prop

Deanomag

Hi I am considering a hair transplant for my frontal and temple regions.. But I don't not want to take fin/ prop as I have tried and my body or sex drive doesn't agree lol I'm 30 and have very thick hair in the sides and back which I'm pretty sure will never bald.

My question is given I know my sides and back of my hair will be safe is it likely to have a transplant and not take meds to follow up and keep the hair for good ??

• Administrators

I'm 30 also I don't take fin, although my balding pattern is established and my hairloss has been stabilized for the past 2 years, you're going to get guys telling you that you will inevitably fail (there's a lot of finasteride pushers on here). That all depends on your current hairloss and goals, you will for sure need to get more than one HT, as hair loss is progressive and in order to maintain your HT results you'll need to follow up procedures, as long as you're conservative with your hairline and you have a good plan on where to place your grafts you should be fine so long as youre ok with needing more HT's down the road.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Similar situation. What HT said.

Almost 35 and just had 2450 FUT graft a week ago. My frontal and temples have receded but overall most would consider my loss moderate.

Factor the long term into whatever decision you make now.

Personally, id rather have 3 surgeries and spend $50k than risk my my manhood. I tried it with only a little fog but still a decision I made.

Even if you believe the bottle (which most people dont) and ignore the reports, a 2% side effect of ED to me is like a 75% chance of having a heart attack lol.

Others feel very differently. Is a personal decision. Think it through and own it.

PS- Topical Finateride is now available and can be localized to the scalp. Still early on news of returns.

Cheers guys :)

I thought the initial transplant would not need another op after as its done using my thick side or back hair which is 100% never going to bald ...

Why would I need a follow up unless it's for the top of my head rather ..?

The native hairs in between the transplanted hairs will eventually thin out and fall, leaving less density. That is to be expected. Propecia should slow that process down and is recommended for that reason.

Your areas that have not had any work done may lose hair as well. Propecia should slow or halt that too.

You can do without the propecia (or rogaine), but should expect this scenario.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

• Administrators
Cheers guys :)

I thought the initial transplant would not need another op after as its done using my thick side or back hair which is 100% never going to bald ...

Why would I need a follow up unless it's for the top of my head rather ..?

That's true the hair you transplant should never fall out, however the non-transplanted hair you have on your head will eventually fall out, this will make the hair that was transplanted look thin on its own. Therefore, in order to maintain your results you'll have to get subsequent transplants, rarely does one get a full restoration with one procedure, almost every one including guys on finasteride end up getting several procedures, whether it's to maintain their hair or just out of pure hair greed. It's important you realize this prior to submitting yourself to surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.