Losing 10 hairs daily

I've been losing 10 hairs daily for the past few months compared to maybe 5x that or more before. In my 30's and have between a 2-3 NW. I dont take any meds and don't want to. Is it a good time to do FUE or FUT? I will probably need 1500-2000 grafts, what would you do?

It's not unusual at all to loose 10 hair shafts daily. We all loose or shed far more than that just due to daily grooming and a natural course of the hair fulfilling the growth cycle.

And photos are the best way to get some recommendations for graft numbers, otherwise too hard to give any opinions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You're likely losing more than 10 hairs unless your bald. If you are a nw2 to 3, you're just not seeing them.

Losing hair is not a big deal, it's the caliber of what you are shedding that you should keep an eye on.

If you don't want to take meds you should be wary about surgery imo, but I would get a miniaturization test from a trusted doc.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It probably sounds pretty obvious, but is your hair shorter now that you're losing less?

After my hair transplant, when I had my hair cut very short, I did't notice much hair, but after 1.5 years growth, I have a big chunk in my comb every morning.

Hair length changes how noticeable hair fall is...

It probably sounds pretty obvious, but is your hair shorter now that you're losing less?

After my hair transplant, when I had my hair cut very short, I did't notice much hair, but after 1.5 years growth, I have a big chunk in my comb every morning.

Hair length changes how noticeable hair fall is...

Well I seem to keep my hair cut in the #3-5 range, in the past when washing my hair I would see alot of hairs in my hand, recently I have only seen a very few. I'm not 100% sure but I would say this is from eliminating certain foods from my diet these past months. I have also been taking calcium with zinc but not sure about this.

You're likely losing more than 10 hairs unless your bald. If you are a nw2 to 3, you're just not seeing them.

Losing hair is not a big deal, it's the caliber of what you are shedding that you should keep an eye on.

If you don't want to take meds you should be wary about surgery imo, but I would get a miniaturization test from a trusted doc.

I have always wondered about meds, lets say my hairloss stopped at around a 2-3 nw, and if I were to take meds and grew some, if I got off the meds would the hair still be there or fall back out, even though hairloss stopped at the 2-3 nw earlier?

btw what is the miniaturization test for?

Thanks

Edited by custar

It's not unusual at all to loose 10 hair shafts daily. We all loose or shed far more than that just due to daily grooming and a natural course of the hair fulfilling the growth cycle.

And photos are the best way to get some recommendations for graft numbers, otherwise too hard to give any opinions.

Lets say I'm between a 2 to 3 NW looking to go lower and my hair shed or loss has halted, should I be considering fut or go with fue? My hair will be cut in the #3-5 range so I dont think either would be a prob but if I wont most likely need extra work in the future should I stick with fue?

• 2 weeks later...

Custar,

Have you tried non-surgical solutions like Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)? Make an informed decision after you consider future loss and all after effects from surgery.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Can you expand on this? I'm assuming you mean that losing a lot of miniaturized hairs is more concerning than losing thick terminal hairs.

Can you expand on this? I'm assuming you mean that losing a lot of miniaturized hairs is more concerning than losing thick terminal hairs.

Exactly

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...