How many grafts?: please advice me

octave

Erm, I didn't retract anything. My comments stand. Fact is, you're the mostly bald guy passively-aggressively attacking older men with much fuller heads of hair than you. I see a pattern: something along the lines of jealous inadequate uses HT forum to project his frustrations onto those he envies. There, there sweet cheeks. A cure is just round the corner.

• Administrators
Erm, I didn't retract anything. My comments stand. Fact is, you're the mostly bald guy passively-aggressively attacking older men with much fuller heads of hair than you. I see a pattern: something along the lines of jealous inadequate uses HT forum to project his frustrations onto those he envies. There, there sweet cheeks. A cure is just round the corner.

You truly are a sad and pathetic person, I'm on here to give advice and help other balding men like myself which I have, unlike you Mr. Obsessive compulsive with an agenda of vengeance, this will be my last time addressing you, enjoy your second trip to turkey the first place that according to feller ravaged your donor area, I'm sure it'll work out great for you;)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You truly are a sad and pathetic person, I'm on here to give advice and help other balding men like myself which I have, unlike you Mr. Obsessive compulsive with an agenda of vengeance, this will be my last time addressing you, enjoy your second trip to turkey the first place that according to feller ravaged your donor area, I'm sure it'll work out great for you;)

Spot the hypocrite. Your post count is far higher than mine over a much shorter timeframe and much of it is spent posting nasty comments railing against Feller. I've said what I had to say about Feller and I won't be giving him any more thought. You will doubtless continue your war of attrition against him. No doubt he would like to have you ignore him too. Turkey will work out fine for me, thanks for your concern Mr Snide. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Sorry about that, Octave.

Octave, it depends on how low you want to go with the hairline. If you wanted to bring it down a fair bit and close in the temples then around 2500 grafts would be required.

No doubt Feller is relieved he didn't operate. However, I'm pretty sure the free offer wasn't a serious one. As it happens, I'm also relieved he didn't offer to operate. I have a much better option in Turkey. What crusade? Heh, your weak-minded vitriol is about as savage as being mauled by a guinea pig. And you sure do a lot of mind reading. Do you know me? Nope. But carry on with your foolish and feeble assumptions if it makes you feel perspicacious.

love your choice of words mate - must admit some of those are way over my head.

I dunno so much about you being relieved - you were practically begging the Dr to reach his decision based on the photos and H&W video you provided. I'm happy you are finding a silver lining and able to look on the bright side of it, but c'mon man - you definitely wanted that free MFUE, and it must have been a letdown in the end - why else did you wait around for 3 months then.

which surgeon in Turkey are you going with? Its your hair, but I still think the better option for you would be to the one last strip and then go FUE to pluck out the remaining grafts as apposed to doing FUE. - but hey, thats just me

Stig, you like your hyperbole don't you? (Sorry, another 'big' word.) I never begged Feller. I was frustrated, yes, because I hate being made to wait for things, especially when it's something like the decision over a free operation which I rightfully doubted would actually materialise. However, once I got the SMP I was relaxed about it. I wanted the mFUE if they were to do a substantial amount of grafts, such as 1500 or more, for free. But even then I was dreading the prospect of shaving down. However, like I've already said, I'm pretty sure Feller was never really serious about giving me a free op. In my opinion, it was all talk with no real commitment behind the ostensibly generous gesture. That's based on what was his consultation demeanour and the things he said, after some reflection.

I absolutely don't want to shave down the recipient, so yes I definitely am relieved not to have the mFUE option (and mFUE scarring can look a bit clunky from the pics I've seen). I'm considering Hacer Yuce in Turkey, even though I think she's a tech and not a doctor. Plus I can't even get a response from her clinic at the moment - phone number isn't working, neither is the online form and the email is being ignored. This FUE won't touch the areas that Strip would (apart from a little overlap on the sides), so it doesn't technically matter which I do first. I just find much FUE less hassle healing wise, and it's cheaper in Turkey than Strip.

Octave, I reread your post and saw you want to kep the M shape, so I guess a much more conservative graft estimate is appropriate although Dr Wong's does sound very conservative (he even though he's one of the best for megasessions).

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Octave, I reread your post and saw you want to kep the M shape, so I guess a much more conservative graft estimate is appropriate although Dr Wong's does sound very conservative (he even though he's one of the best for megasessions).

I will also try to visit Rahal, Raymond Konor, Shapiro and Feller to get different opinions.

But I should admit this isn't an easy task to pick the one with the highest satisfaction rate. They all have patients that are not satisfied.

To differentiate the good, the bad and the ugly, I think it could be informative to conduct a survey to see the surgeons who are the most consistent.

Is it 95%, 75% or 50%? If it's like to flipping a coin I'm usure that it's worth to take the bet.

I will also try to visit Rahal, Raymond Konor, Shapiro and Feller to get different opinions.

But I should admit this isn't an easy task to pick the one with the highest satisfaction rate. They all have patients that are not satisfied.

To differentiate the good, the bad and the ugly, I think it could be informative to conduct a survey to see the surgeons who are the most consistent.

Is it 95%, 75% or 50%? If it's like to flipping a coin I'm usure that it's worth to take the bet.

Absolutely cannot differentiate like that. Once you are at that elite level, there really is nothing seperating them, although remove Feller from that particular list, he doesn't belong up there with Shapiro, Konior, Wong, Hasson, and Rahal. It really becomes which of the above you feel most comfortable with and which meet yours goals the best.

I was frustrated, yes, because I hate being made to wait for things, especially when it's something like the decision over a free operation

I see, Feller should have jumped on the first plane to London just for you - so as not to make you wait so long.

I'm considering Hacer Yuce in Turkey, even though I think she's a tech and not a doctor. Plus I can't even get a response from her clinic at the moment - phone number isn't working, neither is the online form and the email is being ignored.

I nearly choked on my coffee when I read this - hahaha. If this lady doesn't get back to you, you could always find a surgeon in Mexico or maybe Sudan or Somalia. All this time London, I thought you were one of the smarter posters. So let me get this right, your donar supply has already been severly depleted and raped by another unknown Turkish surgeon, you have very few lifetime grafts left over, and now you believe your best option is someone in Turkey who may not even be a doctor, doesn't respond to communications, and doesn't have a working telephone number?

You poor thing - Dr Feller, can you please just give this man a free mFUE before he gets his heart broken and head raped

In my opinion it was never a serious free offer and that was always my hunch, hence why the wait was frustrating at first, till I got fixed with SMP.

Yeah, I'm thinking of going for an HT in the Islamic State, should be a bargain price. (The word is 'donor' by the way.)

It's strange that her clinic is so far uncontactable as it looks pretty well established. I'm going to try to contact them by Twitter, they have a fairly big following there. I'll try to suss out how good she is before I commit, of course, but her not being a doctor doesn't necessarily put me off. I still think she could be skilled enough - as her result on here suggests (of course, it could be a fake patient, who knows). Otherwise I'll save a little extra and go for Dr Demisroy....I'll probably go for the Dr, actually.

Octave, for the small amount of grafts you want, your HT sounds like a pretty easy job for any well established HT surgeon.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Seems as if 1000 FUE would suffice. Hairline involves many single-hair grafts.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians