FUE hairline repair, how dense can I expect it to be?

Hi, I've had a receding hairline for about 5 years now. 3 years ago I started Dut which has so far completely stopped my hairloss progressing. Lucky the hair I have is still very thick, I just have receded temples.

I really want to get a HT to fix my hairline which can be seen from my attached image. Dr Doganay suggested I'd need about 2,200 grafts, however I'm willing to have more if needed for optimal results.

What I want is to fill in the comers of my hairline making it straight, while maintaining a density high enough that were I to style it up with gel it would not be obvious that it was a transplanted hairline. From what I've seen of Doganay's previous hairline results they look absolutely perfect, both naturally styled and thick. However, I have seen others from him which look very patchy and wouldn't look good styled up. (I don't think this is his fault necessarily, just the unpredictable nature of HTs)

My question is if I got a HT would I visibly be able to get anywhere near my current density at my hairline?

Any other advise is also appreciated!

WIN_20150909_15_59_37_Pro.jpg.01669c963c56092f252562f9b34a58bd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For your type 2 pattern you shall need around 1800-2000 scalp grafts.

Our recommended surgeon, Dr Bhatti, is considered one of the best for

providing dense packing along the hairline to give consistently dense,

natural looking hair that match your facial profile and gives you a young

look.

You can search countless of the doctor's patients who have posted results

on their own on various hair transplant forums.

If you wish a consultation with the doctor that is comprehensive, I would

request more pictures- front, sides, and back of the scalp.

I am curious about your age ? In my opinion you have really thick hair and such slight recession I would wait a while . That is just my opinion of course . You may not want to do that though. Without knowing your measured density it would be somewhat of a guess for anyone to answer your question, but I am not sure if a single HT can equal that type of density in one surgery based on the thickness of your hair currently. A HT surgeon would need to evaluate you and could answer that directly. What were you told ? I have seen different opinions by different doctors over time about the density they will try to achieve with one HT for various reasons. I am no expert though.

I wouldn't see how your hairline as it currently stands with the amount of hair you have attracts attention or would look poorly styled in any way. There is always a small risk with any HT that you could come out worse than before and I would personally wait to accept that risk a little later if it recedes more . I have seen a lot of negative results coming from Turkey lately when reading other threads . I am not saying you will have one. Just do your due diligence in selecting a doctor and be comfortable with getting the answers you need.

I would definitely recommend not going to Dr. Erdogan despite him flooding the boards here. I can personally tell you some terrible stories about some results from several patients who went there and how awful they have been treated post op . Best of luck to you with whatever you decide !

I would definitely recommend not going to Dr. Erdogan despite him flooding the boards here. I can personally tell you some terrible stories about some results from several patients who went there and how awful they have been treated post op .

Please, do tell. He was someone I was highly considering.

Where do you live ? I would highly suggest not going to Turkey, but that is my personal opinion. I have no stake in telling you that. I don't promote anyone. I have seen a few bad results and unhappy patients from your mentioned doctor recently.Here is just one recent post . It seems the doctor was not honest with that patient. I can understand a bad result here and there since a HT has risk, but being dishonest or even ignoring a patient like Dr. Erdogan has is inexcusable to me.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174564-4065-grafts-dr-hakan-doganay-australia-turkey-14.html

Regarding Dr. Erdogan, I have had several people I know and know about go to him and had a terrible experience in which hair was taken out of the safe zone and fell out after the transplant. I had read and seen prior to that point that people stated he did that in some threads . It makes sense. I recently saw he did a FUE with 10000 grafts on a young guy !

Along that line, he typically does huge procedures on young people during "megasessions" (which some say are not wise for everyone) and with very low hairlines on people that have no business having them done. He uses hairlines that are destined to fail because he cannot yet determine the loss pattern at their young age and stage of loss. One can only wonder how these will turn out in the future. Sure, someone will get lucky and get a good result , but I don't want to risk it myself. Do you ? The super large amount of grafts done with FUE only promote the chance of a bad outcome.

Most of the results posted are immediately post op when you can see the hairline well. Some will post shortly after it starts growing. Just because it grew for a while does not mean it is not going to fall out soon or later, especially when considering the large number of FUE grafts done there, the megasessions, and the fact hair is taken from outside of the safe zone. I can show you posts where people were happy with their results from an FUE and then later it fell out.Ever notice how many people disappear after the first photos never to be seen again and have no more follow up ? People viewing them online see the results in the way they want to see them and the way they are advertised to be taken.

They take cash payment under the table which is shady in itself. The people I know had problems as I mentioned. Once their hair fell out after surgery , they contacted the clinic respectfully and none of them got one single reply. One guy replied for up to a year. It was never possible to speak to the doctor nor were any calls returned ever. it was clear they were intentionally forgotten about. After all, what could be done on the other side of the world ? Prior to the surgery they always got responses . People who have that done to them are often ashamed and embarrassed.They often don't want to make it known that happened to them even though it would be in the best interest of people seeking advice and this forum. I personally feel that a doctor who ignores one single patient after surgery or is shown to be dishonest one time should be removed from this site and the society completely. There is a user "DELM" who recently posted a similar story on here and people said to post pictures or it didn't happen. Although it would be nice, that is the problem. There is never enough proof for people sometimes. On the contrary , do you think the doctor is going to advertise bad results? They operate on several patients a day. That is a ton a year. Why are there not even more photos of great outcomes than there are ?? Regardless, the story of Delm sounds similar to the stories I know are true and have seen. Sometimes people will even blame the victim and say it is their fault when they post bad results, so many people just avoid saying anything bad on the forum at all. You have to look at it from the victim's point of view also. This site is also filled with reps of doctors who chime in and try to smooth things over , some of which have attacked people who have told the truth at times. They are compensated to represent the doctors. it costs the doctors to do this also.

I know of another case in which someone booked with Dr. Erdogan , got their flight, and was given a deadline by which to make their surgery deposit and buy their plane ticket. Before the deposit deadline arrived, the clinic emailed them and informed them that their appointment was cancelled in order to get another patient in that time slot instead. When the guy said he already had his plane ticket paid for and could not change it, they never responded to him again after a long time of trying. He was stuck with his ticket and had wasted all that time and money. They obviously do not care about people based on those situations. It seems they do care about money. They built a nice ,new clinic to attract people . It also allows as many people as possible to come through there like a mill. As a result, they perform several surgeries a day and at least a couple at the same time. People think they are having a surgery by the doctor when it is actually done primarily by an entire team of technicians. The ONLY thing the doctor does is draw the hairline and make incisions. Then he goes to another patient. Of course they do not advertise that fact. He even has a video out showing him doing graft removal but the story of a recent patient even verifies he does not do that...false advertising. As a result of having the techs do the work in that fashion, it is pot luck who will be doing a procedure on you and you have no way to choose who works on you.One person may get a good result and another a terrible one. Why ? A new tech, a bad tech, a different tech , a tech that did a poor job ? Who knows what was done or who did it. But once you leave with a problem, you are all alone and will get no help as in the cases I have outlined.

Some people are not even good candidates for an FUE procedure and this can only be determined by an in person evaluation from a credible and honest surgeon. Most people seem to go to Erdogan after getting a consultation online. They are told they are a good candidate that way . Do you think they are going to cancel their surgery when they get there after finding out the opposite or even be told by the clinic to cancel it so they can lose that money at the time of the surgery because they are actually not a good FUE candidate ?

You are obviously free to choose whoever you want to go to. I am merely giving you the information I know about because you asked me to. I would suggest you not go to Turkey and risk bad things happening that you will be stuck to face on your own when there are still doctors in various locations who will perform the entire surgery by themselves with only the assistance of techs and who will only perform your surgery on that particular day. Those doctors will also be there for you to address after care and any problems or questions that arise. There are some who will even communicate with you personally and who value their reputation as surgeons enough not to ignore patients nor dump them after surgery. You can see them prior to having surgery if you ever do in the future and get a truthful evaluation of what is best for you. Too many people are excited to get every hair back when they see they are losing some and places like Dr. Erdogan merely take advantage of that fact.

Good luck to you with whatever you end up doing. I hope you get a great result if you choose move forward !

Edited by CJD

Agree with others.

I mean, you barely have what anyone would consider hair loss. A little concealer would bring your hairline fully back.

What you're speaking of is so negligible I'd be concerned by any physician that would actually endorse you for a surgery right now. A little irresponsible IMO.

1800-2200 grafts recommended above? I That's insane, and just unethical advice.

Where do you live ? I would highly suggest not going to Turkey, but that is my personal opinion. I have no stake in telling you that. I don't promote anyone. I have seen a few bad results and unhappy patients from your mentioned doctor recently.Here is just one recent post . It seems the doctor was not honest with that patient. I can understand a bad result here and there since a HT has risk, but being dishonest or even ignoring a patient like Dr. Erdogan has is inexcusable to me.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174564-4065-grafts-dr-hakan-doganay-australia-turkey-14.html

Regarding Dr. Erdogan, I have had several people I know and know about go to him and had a terrible experience in which hair was taken out of the safe zone and fell out after the transplant. I had read and seen prior to that point that people stated he did that in some threads . It makes sense. I recently saw he did a FUE with 10000 grafts on a young guy !

Along that line, he typically does huge procedures on young people during "megasessions" (which some say are not wise for everyone) and with very low hairlines on people that have no business having them done. He uses hairlines that are destined to fail because he cannot yet determine the loss pattern at their young age and stage of loss. One can only wonder how these will turn out in the future. Sure, someone will get lucky , but I don't want to risk it myself. Do you ? The super large amount of grafts done with FUE only promote the chance of a bad outcome.

They take cash payment under the table which is shady in itself. The people I know had problems as I mentioned. Once their hair fell out after surgery , they contacted the clinic respectfully and none of them got one single reply. One guy replied for up to a year. It was never possible to speak to the doctor nor were any calls returned ever. it was clear they were intentionally forgotten about. After all, what could be done on the other side of the world ? Prior to the surgery they always got responses . People who have that done to them are often ashamed and embarrassed.They often don't want to make it known that happened to them even though it would be in the best interest of people seeking advice and this forum. I personally feel that a doctor who ignores one single patient after surgery or is shown to be dishonest one time should be removed from this site and the society completely. There is a user "DELM" who recently posted a similar story on here and people said to post pictures or it didn't happen. Although it would be nice, that is the problem. There is never enough proof for people sometimes. On the contrary , do you think the doctor is going to advertise bad results? They operate on several patients a day. That is a ton a year. Why are there not even more photos of great outcomes than there are ?? Regardless, the story of Delm sounds similar to the stories I know are true and have seen. Sometimes people will even blame the victim and say it is their fault when they post bad results, so many people just avoid saying anything bad on the forum at all. You have to look at it from the victim's point of view also. This site is also filled with reps of doctors who chime in and try to smooth things over , some of which have attacked people who have told the truth at times. They are compensated to represent the doctors. it costs the doctors to do this also.

I know of another case in which someone booked with Dr. Erdogan , got their flight, and was given a deadline by which to make their surgery deposit and buy their plane ticket. Before the deposit deadline arrived, the clinic emailed them and informed them that their appointment was cancelled in order to get another patient in that time slot instead. When the guy said he already had his plane ticket paid for and could not change it, they never responded to him again after a long time of trying. He was stuck with his ticket and had wasted all that time and money. They obviously do not care about people based on those situations. It seems they do care about money. They built a nice ,new clinic to attract people . It also allows as many people as possible to come through there like a mill. As a result, they perform several surgeries a day and at least a couple at the same time. People think they are having a surgery by the doctor when it is actually done primarily by an entire team of technicians. The doctor draws a hairline and does some graft removal and incisions and that is all . Then he goes to another patient. Of course they do not advertise that fact. As a result of having the techs do the work in that fashion, it is pot luck who will be doing a procedure on you and you have no way to choose who works on you.One person may get a good result and another a terrible one. Why ? A new tech, a bad tech, a different tech ? Who knows what was done or who did it. But once you leave with a problem, you are all alone and will get no help as in the cases I have outlined.

Some people are not even good candidates for an FUE procedure and this can only be determined by an in person evaluation from a credible and honest surgeon. Most people seem to go to Erdogan after getting a consultation online. They are told they are a good candidate that way . Do you think they are going to cancel their surgery when they get there after finding out the opposite or even be told by the clinic to cancel it so they can lose that money at the time of the surgery because they are actually not a good FUE candidate ?

You are obviously free to choose whoever you want to go to. I am merely giving you the information I know about because you asked me to. I would suggest you not go to Turkey and risk bad things happening that you will be stuck to face on your own when there are still doctors in various locations who will perform the entire surgery by themselves with only the assistance of techs and who will only perform your surgery on that particular day. Those doctors will also be there for you to address after care and any problems or questions that arise. There are some who will even communicate with you personally and who value their reputation as surgeons enough not to ignore patients nor dump them after surgery. You can see them prior to having surgery if you ever do in the future and get a truthful evaluation of what is best for you. Too many people are excited to get every hair back when they see they are losing some and places like Dr. Erdogan merely take advantage of that fact.

Good luck to you with whatever you end up doing. I hope you get a great result if you choose move forward !

Hey, thanks for taking the time to write all that. I thought he had a good reputation here. I usually here his name mentioned as one of the best FUE doctors.

I really wouldn't get a transplant if i was you, you have great hair, and most people's hairlines are not perfect, but yours is a lot more perfect than most people getting HT's.

Take your pill and pat yourself on the back that you caught your hairloss early enough for people not to even consider you balding.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Hi, I've had a receding hairline for about 5 years now. 3 years ago I started Dut which has so far completely stopped my hairloss progressing. Lucky the hair I have is still very thick, I just have receded temples.

I really want to get a HT to fix my hairline which can be seen from my attached image. Dr Doganay suggested I'd need about 2,200 grafts, however I'm willing to have more if needed for optimal results.

What I want is to fill in the comers of my hairline making it straight, while maintaining a density high enough that were I to style it up with gel it would not be obvious that it was a transplanted hairline. From what I've seen of Doganay's previous hairline results they look absolutely perfect, both naturally styled and thick. However, I have seen others from him which look very patchy and wouldn't look good styled up. (I don't think this is his fault necessarily, just the unpredictable nature of HTs)

My question is if I got a HT would I visibly be able to get anywhere near my current density at my hairline?

Any other advise is also appreciated!

People with great fore locks like you usually have the best results in terms of filling in the temple angles as you want.

I would consults with as many FUE doctors as you can. Nothing to lose. Much info and insight to gain. Better to plan on having two surgeries vs. one. Don't get me wrong, this can probably be done very well with one surgery but just be prepared to have a tweak if you need to get it where you want. You have what looks like a very dense fore lock.

It's going to look great.

I concur with getting more opinions from other surgeons.

Here's the thing. No surgeon can achieve virgin density levels with HT surgery. It's just not possible irrespective of what you might be told to the contrary.

And it's not necessary to achieve that higher level of density because the illusion of coverage is just that. An illusion. As long as the result looks as good and projects an adequate level of coverage, then who cares what the actual density level is? Does the end result look natural and like it's not surgery is a more realistic goal.

Remember, it's the end result that counts, not the number of grafts necessarily. And for many individuals, if the recipient area is over-packed with grafts, the yield goes down not up. Many surgeons will inform you of this even though it may not be what you want to hear.

And be careful of those clinics that simply tell you what they think you want to hear to get your business.

The goal should be what is realistic without over-promising results and then end up disappointed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I concur with getting more opinions from other surgeons.

Here's the thing. No surgeon can achieve virgin density levels with HT surgery. It's just not possible irrespective of what you might be told to the contrary.

And it's not necessary to achieve that higher level of density because the illusion of coverage is just that. An illusion. As long as the result looks as good and projects an adequate level of coverage, then who cares what the actual density level is? Does the end result look natural and like it's not surgery is a more realistic goal.

Remember, it's the end result that counts, not the number of grafts necessarily. And for many individuals, if the recipient area is over-packed with grafts, the yield goes down not up. Many surgeons will inform you of this even though it may not be what you want to hear.

And be careful of those clinics that simply tell you what they think you want to hear to get your business.

The goal should be what is realistic without over-promising results and then end up disappointed.

Really good feedback here, pay attention.

So much of restoration is nuanced and comes down to finesse over raw #s.

Dense packing can backfire, just as building a "wall" at your hairline will look abnormal and eventually do the same. (im guilty of latter with masking agents)

You don't need what nature gave you to create the necessary illusion, rather a strategic approach based on your current hair loss and goals.

Age appropriate is something I think the best doctors always preach. Youre going to get older and lose more hair--Run from a doctor that promises to restore you back 10 years. Run.