Hgc hair growth centre UK

Djlazerblue

I have just come back from a consultation here and I must say it was harrowing, the consultant was not a qualified Dr but quite frankly tbh I new more about the procedure than him, this was in Romford high street and the place from going through the door was dire, poorly decorated and out dated, he stated by putting the scope to my hairline as that's where I wanted the work done, he told me the dark spots where the roots are is 'DHT' news to me tbh and surprising if it is as I've been on propecia 5 years, he suggested 3 session of laser therapy before the transplant, he didn't once bother checking my donor area. I told him I'm not having any transplant before I meet the Dr who carrys out the procedure, he told me the Dr does not do the procedure at that practice its in Brentwood in Essex and I can meet him on Sunday, but I would have to pay ?200 deposit to secure this place, which I refused so much for a FREE CONSULATION, also he asked my what medication I was on and I told him diazepam and he asked me how to spell it! Lol, quite comical, any way I asked he's opinion of what I needed on my hairline he quoted me ?1 a graft and said I would need between 2000-2500 so worse case ?2500 bargain I thought you know what they say about if it's probably too good to be true.... not that I was tempted my mind was more and less made up as soon as I saw the place, I kept looking at he's hair and asked him if he had a transplant he said no and I was thinking it looks quite good for a middle aged Asian man then relised he had a hair piece on I'm 90% sure! Anyway I managed to get a picture of him for you to make your own mind up and avoid at all costs, there website is (link removed by moderator)

image.jpg.790b5ae57901b6132be38a9b65a376b1.jpg

Edited by David - Moderator

Awful. Scumbags.

Thanks for posting - hopefully people researching them before paying will find this.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

There was a lot of huckster clinics like this about in the 80s/90s, this low level still exists today, as you well found out, but with the spread of knowledge that has come from the internet it's less common.

Where did you find out about this clinic? Lasers? that sets off an alarm right there, Advanced Hair Studio anybody, total shysters. :cool:

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

• 4 months later...

Hi guys-

The guy in the photo by the way- he is a new consultant, just been trained lol.

I am a client of the hair growth centre in Wembley and let me tell you- one of the WORST experience I have had! In my opinion- this company is only looking for putting your cash into their pockets and not helping you as a customer.

From my experience, they use misleading and pressurising sales tactics to get people to purchase. I was told I had 14 days to get a refund from the day I sign the contract, however when I asked for a refund within the 14days, NO refund was issued!!!! I wanted to warn people about this! I also asked to purchase minoxdil bottles separately but was told this cannot be purchased without having to buy laser treatment-I later found out that I was mislead as it can be purchased separately! BE CAREFUL EVERYONE, I would NOT recommend this place to anyone!! Also- they tell people if you “feel” that after the end of six months of laser treatment that it hasn’t helped then we will give you two months free. At the end of my six months I explained that I didn’t think it was that effective and my hair was still falling loads-I asked if I could have the two months continued for free so I can assess results further, but was told NO. The consultant said he didn’t care how I “feel” as they think it’s working. Please be aware of things they tell you as they should not make such statements to people if in the end they say NO!

be ware of the lines they use “if you don't buy TODAY or you will not get this deal again”. This is what I call pressurising and hard selling tactics. Most good companies will not do this to customers, they will allow the customer to take their time over decisions!

(link removed by moderator)

the branch you visited in essex is above

different directors, but they have the same staff at both companies, their website is pretty much the same. i'd say they are working together, ive been told its apart of the hair growth centre and the hair growth centre in wembley is the actual head office. Maybe they get such bad reputations that they come up with a new company name each time

Edited by David - Moderator

From what I know, they don't even have doctors. It's hair consultants who are actually sales people.

The manager's name is reyhan( who fraudently signed the wrong date on my contract) claiming that I signed on a different day and therefore could not get a refund as I passed the 14 days, even though I was actually within the 14days.

The person that mislead me (also the manager of the Essex branch) and pressurised me into buying, his name is Nick. He told me he was an area manager, and not to go to the other hair consultants as I wouldn't get a better price with them. I later find out, that he lied about being an area manager, this was probably said to make me think that he has the highest authority and can do the best deals.THis place is so bad!!!

I have just come back from a consultation here and I must say it was harrowing, the consultant was not a qualified Dr but quite frankly tbh I new more about the procedure than him, this was in Romford high street and the place from going through the door was dire, poorly decorated and out dated, he stated by putting the scope to my hairline as that's where I wanted the work done, he told me the dark spots where the roots are is 'DHT' news to me tbh and surprising if it is as I've been on propecia 5 years, he suggested 3 session of laser therapy before the transplant, he didn't once bother checking my donor area. I told him I'm not having any transplant before I meet the Dr who carrys out the procedure, he told me the Dr does not do the procedure at that practice its in Brentwood in Essex and I can meet him on Sunday, but I would have to pay ?200 deposit to secure this place, which I refused so much for a FREE CONSULATION, also he asked my what medication I was on and I told him diazepam and he asked me how to spell it! Lol, quite comical, any way I asked he's opinion of what I needed on my hairline he quoted me ?1 a graft and said I would need between 2000-2500 so worse case ?2500 bargain I thought you know what they say about if it's probably too good to be true.... not that I was tempted my mind was more and less made up as soon as I saw the place, I kept looking at he's hair and asked him if he had a transplant he said no and I was thinking it looks quite good for a middle aged Asian man then relised he had a hair piece on I'm 90% sure! Anyway I managed to get a picture of him for you to make your own mind up and avoid at all costs, there website is Hair Growth Centre | Hair Loss Treatment for Men and Women in London UK

the picture on the wall behind him reminds me of dr jack shephard in Lost! lol

• 3 years later...

I visited HGC in Wembley in 2016 and was greeted by a consultant/manager by the name of Rihan. He didn't seem to know too much but kept on pressure selling me to give a deposit of £800 for a FUE procedure. I soon succumbed signed the agreement and handed over the money. What I did tell them before I paid the deposit is that I would like the surgery to be done in London and that I needed to meet the surgeon a few days before the OP. What was strange that they never asked for my complete medical history to ascertain if this procedure was safe for me and I take blood thinners. 

In the days following the consultation I was called by Mr. Kamran. He told me that unfortunately the procedure was to be carried out about 30-40 miles from London. He also told me that I need to be in the surgery at 8am.  I again inquired about a medical Pre OP but he just said it was not necessary and could be done on the same day as the surgery. I found that quite worrying. 

I decided not to do the OP as I was not comfortable. I called Mr. Kamran and told him not to book anything as I had decided not to do have the procedure through HGC. The next call I got was from the Manager, Mr. Rihan who told me that he would be dealing with my matter from now on. 

Since then I have called their company a dozen times and written several emails asking for my money back. This was falling on deaf ears.  Eventually discovered that they had moved offices and were now in Marylebone. When my rep approached  them today in person at their clinic Mr. Rihan simply said that he will not return my deposit.                                                                                                                                          

Please all be aware that this is a con outfit and must be avoided at any cost ! Infact if anyone would like to lodge an official complaint against this company please let me know asap.