Michael Vories, MD FUE 2500 Grafts

This 35 year old male presented with almost complete loss of his frontal forelock and hairline, a pattern seen with his other 2 brothers. Today he came back for his 6 month follow up after 1 single day 2500 FUE graft session. He also was placed on finasteride, which a profound effect on his midscalp and vertex miniaturization. 0.80 mm Vortex punch was used for extraction, and Hans Hair Implanters were used for implantation. His desire to keep his hair this short in the donor areas prevented him from choosing FUT surgery. All grafts were harvested and placed by the physician.

01.JPG.aaf6b3605bab27c5d3e8d78c8e8d4718.JPG

02.jpg.0b6ad084001236ddae17ec5f268d8e6a.jpg

03.jpg.6c5140022f6294cd69a3146fafca2a41.jpg

04.jpg.0e27f6161d82fed2be268ab7a59d7bb9.jpg

05.jpg.6318007708be6eab62aa5431c0a85e36.jpg

06.jpg.a4c30e7d6d5a743b1cacdefbcd3fab6a.jpg

07.jpg.c110441dc8b851e5896792702ffcb586.jpg

08.jpg.9abfa54c7add4e69d97609735a378efe.jpg

Wow! That's an exceptional results with so few grafts. Hr really got some good growth from the meds to boost the excellent work you did. Well done and congrats to the patient.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Beautiful result!

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Dr Vories,

Thank you for sharing this result. I'm considering FUE surgery, but I don't want to take propecia (afraid of side effects). Do you know how much of the result was from propecia and how much was from the FUE? Are there pictures showing where the grafts were placed?

FUE for me?? Maybe???

The grafting was done just in the frontal third and hairline. Finasteride did the rest. The vast majority of patients prescribed Finasteride in our practice have any of the dreaded side effects. They are real, but rare.

It looks like the hair transplants were put everywhere. Its just in the front portion ? I was just thinking this was an excellent FUE because I just saw two pretty bad ones here, but now this guy uses propecia? Doctor does this mean that where he had the grafts put propecia helped? How can you tell ?

He looks better but how much is of the propecia and how much is of the surgical procedure ?

Thanks Dr Vories. Seems like he had a great response to finasteride then? Or is this normal? I'd love to have something like this, but I'm just really nervous about the side effects. My body seems to get side effects from almost any drug! I am nervous about FUE too though, so maybe it's just me.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

This was a better than average response to finasteride. Although his frontal third was filled in entirely with grafts, if you look closely he still had quite a bit of hair in his midscalp, although much of his midscalp hair was minaturizing. This hair responded very well to finasteride, which effectively reversed the miniaturization. He was actually planning to do a second procedure for the midscalp and vertex, but his response to the finasteride eliminated his desire for a second procedure.

Dr Vories must be playing with the dark arts to have overcome Feller's forces!

Your're kidding right? The result is great, but as Dr V was honest enough to note, this patient had a major boost from finasteride, plus his hair texture is perfect. Increasing hair diameter makes a dramatic impact to volume.

• Administrators

Do you perform body hair transplants Dr. Vories?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.