New here. My thinning hair (pics)

ppg86

Hey. Im a 29 yr old guy from Norway who since i was 23 i noticed hair falling off. I got a little confused since my father had a lot of hair and i always had this thick hair before. Now i have dealt with it, and its no big thing anymore. But however i really would like hair that looks natural back on my head. Who wouldnt?

I see some good reviews from Turkey, and their prices is affordable too. My question is what do you think about my hair loss and age? So i took some pictures yesterday. Be honest,comment and advice me :) I might be headed for NW 6 in future? And i really dont like using drugs/meds.

Regards from Norway ! : )

20150827_020556_resized.jpg.2fb0c24102a034bbd87ff58befe6bb9b.jpg

20150827_020630_resized.jpg.594bc5dd6bb590881446d37934f14263.jpg

20150827_020649_resized.jpg.768e077850a4c420b16a42131fd1c181.jpg

20150827_131054_resized.jpg.54e146987ffafe3ec83920e439ea1bd8.jpg

20150827_131124_resized.jpg.61b4f780ce97ca1326f315e45ff64982.jpg

20150827_131159_resized.jpg.e4f0c6ac6c28304c3e14d27774c968c3.jpg

Edited by ppg86

Welcome! Definitely your hair loss is aggressive considering your age but unfortunately nobody can predict hair-loss! You might head to NW6 or you may not!

Why you don't wanna use medicines? Why not try once? Who knows you may see some growth especially on crown, as medicines are very effective on crowns! The good thing is you still have some diffuse hair on top which may respond to medicines

Yes doctors in Turkey's are quite reasonable for HT and the results are good too especially if you opting for FUE!

Regards from Canada!!

Yeah i know its a considerable hair loss. I usually take it down to 1-2mm. :)

I saw price from 2350 Euro 3500 grafts from Dr. Koray? Seems very reasonable if its done in a proper way. I dont know how many grafts i need, but i think at least that spread out on the top.

Well if i start on drugs, im depending on them all my life. And in a long term that will be very costly. And who knows what side effects they may cause on long term use?

That degree of hair loss looks like mine pre-HT.

I just decided to do the HT and meds (accepting any long-term unknown side effects).

Of course, an HT alone would help and has no side effects.

The drugs are pretty well studied tho. Rogaine itself is just topical so has minimal side effects compared to something systemic like Propecia.f

It is pretty amazing tho, the positive results that can be achieved these days when combining the different solutions for hair loss.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Hi,

It looks like you are heading down a similar path to what I did prior to having my HT.

Check out my link, I hope it helps clarify a few things.

As for the meds, I would recommend at least trying them.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any other advice you feel I could help you with.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Look like you have been lucky. But i guess you are a little older than 29? Who knows how many hairs on top and how low my donor area will be in 10 yrs? :P

How much did you pay? For the entire trip to India with HT. In Turkey you get about the same grafts for 2350 Euro it seems. Sounds very cheap?

• Administrators

Were the same age i'm actually 30 though, similar hair loss pattern, checkout my pictures, the good news is your donor hair looks very thick, you're definitely headed to a norwood 6, you're diffuse thinning everywhere on top, I do recommend getting on Minoxidil, finasteride does come with side effects, you can try a very low dose if you get side effects discontinue, I think you're a perfect candidate for a hair transplant, also from the looks of it, looks like you have alot of bodyhair which could be also used down the line.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

@ppg86

Although the hair is noticeably thinning, you still have a significant amount of it on top. The commitment to medication will offer you the opportunity to stabilize and keep your hair on top for a longer period of time. Both the medication commitment and surgery results are permanent. If you don't take the medication, your benefit in hair transplant results may likely seem to disappear to the effect that you never had the surgical hair restoration procedure. Hold on to your hair unless you are prepared for the potential trade-off.

Highly consider how you will be affected by the permanent effects from surgery and subsequent hair loss due to the fact that the nature of hair loss is progressive.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...

Hey hey, i havent "skinned" my head in a couple of months now. And i feel like i miss my hair a bit :P You know its nice to see some hair on top there. And that brings me closer to the decition to try a HT. (FUE i guess)

But with a new started business i feel like i dont want to throw to much "out the window" for this procedure. I see prices like 2500 EURO for 3000 Grafts in Turkey. Is this legit? Seems very cheap. And will you get a decent doctor for that price.

Do you have any good recommendations for me?

I would honestly say that you should still wait with your transplant, I think you still have some time even though your hair is really quite thinning already. Perhaps you should try some medication and then gradually save up for a hair transplant.

I think that you can still do something with your hair with Minoxdil and Fin or even some other well known remedies. Have you ever tried these?