Affordable FUE clinic suggestions please.

Leebu

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a hair transplant at an affordable price but of good quality.

I have attached 2 images of my hairline, many might say it's not that bad but to me I really don't like it and would like to have it restored.

I live in the UK but I'm willing to travel in order to get a cheaper price as in the UK it seems to be really expensive and I really can't afford it.

I'm willing to pay around ?2000 for the treatment. Could anybody recommend the best course of action for me please? For example, where I should be looking and how I should go about contacting them, through their websites etc.

I was recently looking at 2 places in Turkey, one called Cosmedica and the other, Beauty Travels 24, both of which are in Istanbul and seem to offer very good prices.

I would prefer an operation where I don't need stitches or skin removed and if possible, I'd like to not have to shave my entire head.

Please help, I feel lost.

Thanks,

Lee

IMG_2478.jpg.b4c32c2790eadb7e8079dc8f24dc035f.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg.015b4280809bafbe54e102be68bdcddd.jpg

It seems to have stopped receding now or slowed down a lot. I just wanted to fix it because I have self confidence issues and this is one of the main problems. As you can see, I have fairly long hair and usually have my fringe swept up and over, a bit of a quiff. I generally keep the sides medium length though and find myself using product to bring them forward to cover up the receding hairline.

I'm in Ireland and it seems we only have one quality hair surgeon here. He appears to be the most expensive surgeon in europe.

I've been looking into FUE in Turkey but lately there is alot of trouble reported in that country in the news, especially Istanbul.

Your self confidence issues will quadruple if you get a "cheap and affordable" FUE procedure that leaves you disfigured. Furthermore, people with self confidence issues go into these surgeries very vulnerable to obsessing over their result, often freaking out over a good result.

If you cannot afford to work on your perfectly normal hairline, then don't do it. You will regret gambling on your appearance with an "affordable" FUE. Thank me later.

Personally I don't think you should have a transplant at this stage you should wait and see how it develops, I went to Turkey and paid 1750 pounds including 3 night's hotel and transfers. I went with Longevita I seem to be getting a good result so far; note the present continuous tense 'getting' because it is not a complete job but at only 7.5 it's going in the right direction .There's a good Doc on here who is up for recommendation is name is Dr Yaman he seems to be showing some really good results and at 1 euro a graft very economical especially since he is doing the work himself ,Istanbul is really a safe city also very beautiful

Regarding the confidence issue I'm afraid having a hair transplant is not a panacea for ills real or imagined but getting one's hair back is a real boost I'm just not sure you really need one you may do more damage than good, but you're in right place here to help you make your mind up

Edited by Mick50

Leebu,

I understand you have self confidence issues and honestly believe a successful hair transplant can significantly improve ones quality of life. With that said you have to consider a couple of things. The first thing to consider that there is no place on earth that I'm aware of where you can get an FUE procedure for 2k, much less a quality hair transplant. The second thing to consider is that once you have gone that route and I mean the route of hair transplant, there is a decent chance the procedure will not meet your expectations. What ends up happening is that people become so obsessed in chasing something that isn't realistically attainable. I am speaking specific to your case, as you don't have hair loss to the extent as many others on this network have.

I do not agree that you wouldn't benefit from a successful hair transplant. Anything that boosts your confidence is almost always going to be positive. I just think that you will never get the results you are seeking for 2k and also since you said you have confidence issues, should your hair loss take priority over other issues you may have where 2k can be better spent?. I don't have those answers, only you do. I would advise conducting more research on this site as the people on here are great for support and knowledge. Bill, Blake, hair is there, all have what seems to be a sound moral composition and I'm sure they would answer any specific questions you have. In the interim of that, search the forums and just explore the website. I'm sure you will learn a lot

A hot topic I know but I have to disagree with you DISpHAIR, I paid 1750 pounds for 4200 grafts and so far I have had good growth with my hair transplant [you can check my photo album] as I pointed out Dr Dr Yaman charges 1 euro per graft and he is up for recommendation on this site I didn't go with him I took an even cheaper option which I wouldn't advise Leebu to do as it was a risk [one I was prepared to do ]

There are options for people who don't have a lot of cash I would have my hair transplant again in a heart beat..

Edited by Mick50

Well 1750 pounds is still more than 2,000 U.S. Dollars I believe, maybe not and even if so the difference is nominal. I am a bit amazed at what a deal you got. I know in turkey right now, there are hair clinics popping up like walmarts. It will be interesting if their price points are as low as yours. I haven't been on here in a while and apparently there are a few clinics who have a business model designed to reach a different market. I think you got a great deal and wish you the best of luck

Thanks DISpHAIR, yes it was a good deal, there are cheaper clinics believe it or not some offering 4000 grafts for 1800 euros, I'm actually not pushing longevita if you read back through my threads you will see I advise guys to go with the recommended Docs if they can afford it but there are some budget clinics that are turning out great results, Leebu is in the UK so I presume he is talking about pounds

Thankyou all for the supportive and warning replies.

It looks like there's some confusion here due to my typo. I'm the the UK and I'm talking about ?2000.

I was under the impression that from an economical stand point, because of the competition in Turkey that there should be some very good doctors working in the hair restoration department who need to charge these low prices because they don't really have a choice to charge what their services are really worth.

That aside, Cosmedica (when I mentioned earlier) are charging €1850 including pickup from the Airport and Clinic to Hotel travel and even 2 nights at the hotel it's self. I emailed them and the assistant got back to me with a quote of 1500-2000 grafts which doesn't seem like a lot, at least half of what people seem to have done in most of the before and after pictures I've seen.

I know people are trying to be helpful here but I think my mind is made up that I get this done. It is something I've been saying I want to get done for a few years now, I was probably too young when I first started worrying but I'm almost 26 now, I know it's still not an ideal age but I feel like it's the right call.

I will look into the Doctors that have been suggested so far, thank you.

I think you have to do what you think is best for you. Instincts are a natural gift we were given from the powers that be. If you have your mind set, I think we should all support your decision and wish the best for you. That is the most interesting part of this network to me. Everyone has a priority list of what is most important to them when considering a hair transplant and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I would say, gather as much information as possible, make sure you are acting rationally and not hasty because of desperation and trust your instincts. From that point, I think it's best just to support your decision and wish the best.

I had a 2000 graft FUE and not a day goes by that I don't increasingly regret having this HT. It was an impetuous foolish 'mid-life' crisis mistake. I'm so angry and disappointment with myself for going through with it and having myself disfigured with a HT. I should have just accepted the natural aging process with dignity. Now I look like a freak, I'm 10 times more self conscious of my appearance than I ever was prior to the HT. having to explain your strange hairline and haircut appearance to people is embarrassing. If I could undo this and go back to my NW 2-3 I would. This is worse. WAY worse. Learn from my mistake. I'm borderline depressed and reclusive now, on most nights voluntarily opting for solitary confinement rather than having to go out into the world and face people.

Definitely read this gentlemens opinion on HT first:

This was copied from another post on another thread about buyers remorse and hair transplant regrets. It's worth reading:

"This topic really speaks to me having gone through a similar process. I'm not bald by any means yet but I have entered into an accelerated stage of hair loss recently. Even prior to my current dilemma I've had a lot of time to reflect and think about hair, HTs and why I had this done to myself.

I can't really blame the OP for being angry with himself, although I now understand that everyone makes mistakes and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. Still it is a decision that I've struggled with every day since my fateful decision.

My story begins at a diffuse NW2-2a and foolishly rushing into an HT. My goals were far too lofty and I was in over my head. Looking back, my doctor surely knew my state of mind and didn't protect me from myself. While you can only blame someone else so much I find that part the most despicable.

I researched and made my decision within a month. That was my huge mistake.

With all the hindsight I have now, here's an exhaustive list of things I wish I had done:

- initial HT consultation with at least 2 coalition doctors

- try the big 3 meds first for at least 6 months; pay attention to side effects

- continue researching HT procedures, techniques, results and doctors for 12-18 months

- understand location and cost should not be constraints

- measure donor & recipient density/hair bulk, loss pattern

- consult with dermatologist for any possible reactions

- understand the procedure end to end including surgical process, expectations, common side effects in the skin, healing and care

- consult with psychologist (no joke) to understand if I would be able to handle the change

- consult with coalition HT doctor again and draft a master plan

- see a HT result in person, performed by different doctors; all pictures can lie; lighting and angles deceive

- Look for pictures and posts of good AND bad HTs

- Know your options for HT repair

- shave head and keep it that way for at least 1-2 months, see if you like it

- read bald guys forums for support and tips to maintain a buzzed dome

- After 12-18 months, if ready, try HT and be as conservative as possible

I actually had a pretty good head of hair when I started (still decent) but here's my story -

I had an uneven hairline with a raised side only which was really the only concern. I didn't really know I was balding in a diffuse pattern. I had the FUE HT without being on meds and had shockloss. Went on fin and it helped keep the crown full, side effects faded in a few months but the hairline continued to shed. Flaky scalp ensued (and persists to this day). 1 year post-op I tried kirkland minox 5% and used it for 2 years, things seemed to be on the up and up, however it is likely that I just slowly thinned uniformly to match the hairline and having a short buzz on the sides helped create an illusion of fullness. My loss has picked up in the last 8 months and I don't think I'm going to make it out of this year without the HT standing out on its own.

It has only been 3.5 years since the HT but that time has been littered with obsessiveness, self consciousness, spectrophobia, anxiety and most of all - regret and disappointment. In that entire time I've only had a fleeting 6-8 months where I felt 'normal'.

Being super picky about hair, I honestly feel that HTs are probably not truly viable for many if not most candidates in terms of being natural looking. This is just my own opinion but I personally wouldn't recommend a HT at all save for a few situations:

- no balding; filling in temples or rough patch

- older (40ish); family history of loss is documented; hair loss has been stable for a long time

- fantastic responder to meds in addition to strong characteristics from point 2 and a master plan good psych health and with money to spare

Even happy patients with sparsely laid HTs are probably just fooling themselves about their hair.

I understand that the last statement in particular sounds really jaded and that's because I am, even with a good and relatively even amount of hair on my head.

I would say I'm fairly lucky as I've shaved down to a 0 in the donor and didn't mind the FUE pock marks too much. It is almost invisible at a 1 guard. Still I'm a concerned about my recipient zone due to scaly, flaky skin, and larger follicles in the grafts but I think it should be manageable if I buzz down with some laser treatment and electrolysis to get rid of the hairs; possibly fraxel or vbeam to smooth the skin. This is going to take time, money and head/heartache.

While I know there is more to life than hair, I'm having a lot of trouble looking past it as it has been a strong defining characteristic for so long. My vanity led to my undoing and in the end I've learned that I had my priorities in the wrong places.

I hope the OP is doing well and keeping his spirits up. I mostly just wanted to say that I understand what you are going through and I hope you end up luckier than me - stable and with a good result. If anything at least you can grow facial hair unlike me, hah!

The industry definitely needs to be more honest and upfront about the process and results. I hope this post finds people debating on getting a HT and at least have them reconsider once more. I'm not saying there can't be good results and I'm not saying that every doctor is crooked, but I think the realities of HTs are not exactly what the photos would have you believe.

Be cautious - I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to go through what I did"

Edited by biolizard
Accidentally Double posted.

I had a 2000 graft FUE and not a day goes by that I don't increasingly regret having this HT. It was an impetuous foolish 'mid-life' crisis mistake. I'm so angry and disappointment with myself for going through with it and having myself disfigured with a HT. I should have just accepted the natural aging process with dignity. Now I look like a freak, I'm 10 times more self conscious of my appearance than I ever was prior to the HT. having to explain your strange hairline and haircut appearance to people is embarrassing. If I could undo this and go back to my NW 2-3 I would. This is worse. WAY worse. Learn from my mistake. I'm borderline depressed and reclusive now, on most nights voluntarily opting for solitary confinement rather than having to go out into the world and face people.

I feel for you brother, been there, done that. You offer great advice. Perhaps your perception of the actual situation is making it far worse than it really is, without pictures, we can't say for sure. I'd love to know where you went for this and who is responsible. Without knowing any particulars as to where these grafts were placed and what it looks like all I can offer is a hang in there. I hope the originator of this thread takes your advice to heart before he flies off to Turkey for his $1.50 a graft "affordable" FUE.

Hi Biolizard,

Thankyou for your insight into going down the road of a hair transplant. As Wylie mentioned, I can't really get a grasp of your situation without photos of your outcome. As he mentioned, maybe to you it's worse than it might look to others. In fairness, I feel a little safer in the fact that my hair style is in a way which generally covers the receding hairline anyway, it would be nice to have shorter sides and not have to bring the hair forward slightly to cover it up but in the worst case scenario I feel safe in the fact that I can just continue styling my hair as I currently do and a potential bad HT wouldn't be visible. I intend of finding a doctor who will do it without the need for my hair down to stubble. My hair is generally a lot shorter at the back anyway so I wouldn't mind that area being cut short for the donor region.

Does anybody have any good stories of a HT they might have had in such a place as Turkey where it would be cheaper? I don't mean the cheapest place possible, I'm trying to find a good quality place that is competitive in their pricing when compared to places like the UK or America.

There are tons of successful hair transplants coming from cheap clinics in turkey. The problem is they dont have consistent good results. Its really hard to get accurate information. The staff turnover rate in those clinics are very high. Maybe they employ the same doctors for many years, keep in mind that the majority of the work done are held by techs who change their work places regularly.

The best bang for your buck, and I'm not saying this bc he was my doctor for my 4th hair transplant, is Dr. Bhatti in India. Nothing better than experiencing the vibrant country of India and getting a world class FUE for 25% of the price of FUE in the USA. I'me sure there are many doctors doing FUE that charge 400% the price and the results are nowhere as good. Just so you know I'm not biased, I think Dr. Koray in Turkey is also an amazing FUE doctor, the cost is a bit more(double) and I heard that techs remove grafts (Dr. Bhatti removes every FUE graft himself) he produces some amazing results. Check out the pictures on this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing Biolizard. I'm on the fence about getting an FUE right now, and it helps to hear both the good and bad experiences. Although this did make me more unsure, I really appreciate it.

FUE for me?? Maybe???