Pics of my "balding" .. how bad is it

Hi guys

Sorry i have posted something simmilar before, but i wanted to dig a little deeper

So i have attached pictures of my hair - These pictures were taken 6-12 months ago,and beleive it or not. Today was the first time i had EVER looked at them.

I have been so petrified to see how bad it is, i am 27 and have been nanogen for MANY years now. i wake up in a morning and put it straight on.

When i wash my hair i have to turn the light off to dry it and then apply the nanogen in pitch black (thats just how scared i have been)

Today was a big step in that i looked at the picture's. and even more so that i am posting them here.

I want your opinion on what path i should take.

I have sent a few photos to some consultants including Dr Farjo manchester & Dr Bisanga in brussel's.

Dr Farjo - i need to attend a consultation

Dr Bisanga - They gave me a rough estimate of 5000 FUE Graft's needed.

With Dr Farjo this would probably cost around ?18,000

With Dr Bisanga in the region of ?14k +(1k in travel expenses etc)

Anyway either way - these are massively expensive due to the work i need

With FUE the 5000 graft's wont be the end of it - i reckon i would need another 1-2000 in time to come too - so i would say maybe around ?20K.

I am just at the point of - Do i just have done with it and shave my head on and maybe get SMP instead with a shaved head.

I just don't know what to do.

Would you guys say 5000 is probably an accurate figure for the amount of hair loss i have?

Hair loss is giving me huge depression - and i am sure i am not the only one.

I am just sick of having to apply nanogen all the time, and because i have been covering it for so long ...if Anyone saw the real me i am petrified of the reaction they would give me.

Nanogen has been brilliant to me, but i am just stuck in a vicious circle with it.

image.jpg.fefe08659ebb1f33b8d79828dbe654d5.jpg

5b32e7eb6250d_photo1.jpg.cfb1b74c42b9cacc5c0988235508bc1c.jpg

5b32e7eb733fd_photo2.jpg.d949e2bb5a1e80ef81b6492ba071586a.jpg

5b32e7eb8aa4f_photo3.jpg.e8b1be1d7416c79e447020d66a9c914f.jpg

5b32e7eb9e352_photo4.jpg.2dbe4d61f97562a105e33094172e5def.jpg

5b32e7ebb1be8_photo5.jpg.1843d72d40f333f9006a2eebbd692dc9.jpg

5k may ve about right but I'd consider not loading up the crown. You'll need the grafts for the front.

A hair system is an option too.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hair sytem - Just googled it! never seen them before but ideally i want to end up with a natural look

Wether its a HT or a shaved head - i just want something i dont have to "fake" all the time anymore

Although i appreciate your advice

• Administrators

5,000 grafts would make a big improvement, will you need more in the future probably, but don't you want hair in your 20's? If your hair starts to thin out in your 40's you'll be sad but it won't be as bad cause it's expected at that age know what I mean, SMP with no transplant is a terrible idea don't do it, if it's money your worried about go to Dr. Erdogan or Dr. Doganay, they're both reasonably priced, dr. Bhatti is doing grafts at under $2 usd. Shave your head and see how u like it, personally I tried it and I hated it, but it may suit you, currently your a Norwood 5 heading towards a 6 I know that may break your heart to read, but with 5,000 grafts you'll revert to a Norwood 2-3. Check out my pics bro I was even more bald than you at 28 years old. There's always hope man don't lose hope there's body hair worst comes to worst for the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Smash,

A shaved head trial is probably a good idea. Give it a shot. If you like it -- and some guys can pull it off, then you have your answer!

If you do go down the hair transplant route, I'd recommend a few things:

1) Consult with doctors. Even if it costs a little bit. Your donor looks a little thin in some of those images -- especially around the sides. Make sure you have the capacity to even do hair restoration surgery before discussing anything about graft numbers, follow-up work, et cetera.

2) If you need a big procedure -- and it looks like you might -- and think you will need additional work down the road, I'd recommend doing this as an FUT and not an FUE. Boo, hiss!! I know. But here's the deal: a) it's the absolute only way to truly maximize your grafts; b) you need reliable growth and strategic use of every follicle. FUE is going to have a much more variable growth with lesser yields; and c) it's also the only way to keep the majority of your donor virgin for these procedures up the road.

3) Don't touch body hair transplants unless your donor is 100% tapped out and you absolutely must fill something else. These aren't a realistic option for most patients.

Best of luck! Feel free to ask any additional questions.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Aside from all the excellent advice you've already received, check out these threads. They may give you hope should you ever have to go the hair piece route.

Actor Corey Stoll Granted, he's an actor and this was done by professionals on a Hollywood set, but still.... It's quite impressive (and seemingly attainable).

HRN User CalvinJR This guy recently had a HT, and posted a picture of himself on this thread using a hairpiece. You could reach out to him if you were ever interested. I was very impressed with it.

Hopefully one of the other options works for you and you turn out to be a good candidate for a hair transplant. However, maybe this gives you even a little more hope that there will be some sort of solution for you, whatever that may be. I used to hear "hair piece" and immediately thought "wig, toupee, rug, etc." - but just like Hair Transplants have come a long way, it seems that hair pieces have as well. It's something to think about. You could maybe even use the hair transplant to design the hairline, and then get a hair piece to feel in the crown (since that tends to be the most problematic area anyway) - if you end up having limited grafts, that could something worth looking into.

It's also pretty widely accepted that Enrique Iglesias wears a hair piece.... And he dated Anna Kournikova. Just sayin'. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Firstly thank you everyone for the time you have given

I never looked at the TUrkey doctors before , but i didnt realise how much cheaper they would be

They both look incredible doctors so i don't quite understand why not everyone in europe is going to them??

For 5000FUE is about ?8000 in turkey, which is almost half the price!!

Price is a factor to me, i didn't want to go above ?10k on my inital surgery.really, so turkey might be an option for me.

DrBlakeBloxham - will take on board your FUT advice, but i am so against it at the moment, i just want to have that option of a shaved head with out a scar in future available to me

Smash1407,

If you can consider going outside Europe and say "Price" is a factor to me; look not only into Turkey but consider India too and compare.

Check out the work of Dr. Tejinder Bhatti on this forum. Many patients around the world had a FUE HT with him so check it out and you might just consider an online consultation.

Darlinglocks

FUE1524 grafts by DR. Tejinder Bhatti

Like a post above said, doing the frontal hairline transplant, and wearing a well constructed hair system right behind it could work well. If your hairline is transplanted densely, it could restore you to a completely non balding look. I'm still surprised that very high Norwood guys don't consider this option. Although I understand most people probably don't want to deal with additional expense and upkeep to do a transplant and hair system combo.