Dr George Kerry - Adelaide/Australia

Mikey1970

Just writing to provide a testimonial of my experiences with hair transplantation with Dr George Kerry, in Adelaide/Australia.

Dr Kerry has done two HT's for me in 2004 and 2014, and two "Touch up's" (180 grafts via strip and 30 grafts via fue).

From the first time i met Dr Kerry i was impressed with his people skills and his prices are very good & fair in comparison to competitors. He really makes the patient feel comfortable and relaxed. He is a fierce proponent of the FUT method and doesn't really like doing FUE. His strip work is immaculate, my scar is virtually undetectable with a number 3 clipper cut at the back. Nobody has ever commented on the scar and my close family members that know it is there have marvelled over it.

I probably have not been the easiest patient for Dr Kerry. I had been a perfectionist & pretty much wanted even the slightest of gaps filled but have learnt to now be happy with a good result. I would not hesitate in recommending him for anybody wanting a HT in Australia.

• 4 months later...

Pleased to hear your story Mikey but unfortunately I was not so lucky with this guy. As I was living locally at the time I gave him a try around 10 years ago for what should have been relatively straight forward hairline work. I experienced a lot of shock loss (some of which never grew back) & he made a couple of obvious errors that made me think he wants unnecessary repeat procedures.

In Adelaide we are fortunate to have one of the world's leading Trichologists - David Salinger. David has told me that if I were to travel anywhere else for treatment I would be wasting my money - he tell's me George is the equal of anyone, anywhere in the world with more experience than just about anyone.

I think sometimes repeat procedures are unavoidable if we want our "perfect" result. I do empathize with your shock loss experience....it can be terrible but is just so unpredictable.

• 1 month later...

I don't wish to elaborate but I no longer feel comfortable with all of the glowing endorsements that I have written on this thread. When it comes to hair transplantation I think it is best if people investigate as much as they can, consult with several surgeons & form their own judgements/make their own decisions.

Edited by Mikey1970

Mikey1970, George Kerry is poor at best. I would like to show you in person what he has done on my head and you and anyone else would run miles away from this guy. He has never told me about possible future hair loss and my procedure was done when I was 24 years old. Anyone out there just avoid George Kerry from Adelaide.

If he was that good as you had claimed in you previous posts he would have had a few past patients from Australia posting some reviews about him but there are none.

I have been member of this great forum for years.

I do not comment on this hair restoration network very often but I use it and do my own research on this site on weekly basis.

Edited by kristijan

• 8 months later...
I have booked in consultation for George Kerry, but after doing some research I am very scared.

I would be scared if I was you as well. Hair transplant is a big decision and a bad transplant can ruin your life. You need to be 100% positive of your decision.

Good luck

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 8 months later...

hi guys,

i am considering FUT through this doc and he says that it is possible to do this procedure without shaving - is he recognized and if i do FUT (upto 1000grafts) how will this grow and will it be noticable after about a month or 2.

how is his quality?

• 1 year later...

hi guys ,,,,

i had a lot of work done through george, some of the direction of placement could have been better but otherwise he did fair work. i would suggest that unless you are very wealthy, just give up and accept hair loss.

i know thats a hard thing to do, but you will end up like me and many others = still very unhappy. 

the biggest point to be made is,  whatever your amount of hair loss actually is, IT WILL KEEP GETTING WORSE !!! 

basically, you are going to chase your tail around, you are actually just patching up something that will keep fighting you and losing more.

the unhappy side of things is multi-faceted,,,, you never get a full head of hair like you desire,,,, AND EVEN WORSE YOU END UP STILL THIN AND CANNOT SHAVE IT BECAUSE OF HIDEOUS SCARS ALL OVER THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD, SCARS THAT PEOPLE ASK ABOUT OR TAKE THE PISS OUT OF YOU FOR.

BELIEVE ME YOU WILL BE VERY LUCKY IF YOU DONT GO VERY THIN OR BALD AS YOU HIT YOUR 40S, 50S OR OLDER, just simply look at most older men you see around you  !!!!!

if i could go back in time id honestly not have had it done and just gone a number 2 years back, but no my ego and embarrassment led me down a very expensive and arduous course that i now regret. 

i was very thick haired when young, i started going in my early 30s,

assholes and liars who created maximum stress helped it worsen quickly also. im now 50, yes i look like i have hair but its thin on top, if you have a hair count of say 50 per inch square then to get that back is 50 x $5  per hair, you do the rough guestimate of the area you have thats thin, then remember it will get bigger also!!!!

honestly its hard to accept and i still dont want to , but simply forget it,

yes to fix a scar or small spot but sadly forget thinking you will look like fabio  ;o(

george did tell me my hair will keep getting thinner and all other info i may need to know ,but id say he really would be better showing pics of people who stopped getting treatment and there heads look still bad, rather than all the success pics, but i suppose those people dont come back again to be photographed .

so id fault him for not making me scared with reality etc,  instead just leaving the fantasy etc.

we do rely on doctors being honest and truthful, i think those values need to be morally based also , ie telling you there is a chance you will still be thin or bald after treatment because its still going to thin out !!!!

but that puts $ out of his pockets !!!!

you kinda need to think, if this was all so successful then why would wealthy stars like travolta use hair pieces and not have it all replaced instead !!!!!!

sadly an honest opinion from an experienced fella here !!!!!! 

;o(

Edited by mee