It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

• Administrators

I've come to realize that how we feel is largely determined by what we choose to focus on.

When you look in the mirror do you focus on your hairline or on the qualities that make you a uniquely beautiful human being? Do you love yourself with our without hair? How important have you chosen to make hair to your happiness?

I know that I, like so many on this site, let my life be hindered by fixating on my hair loss. I focused too much on what I was loosing rather than what I had. And I focused too much on fixing my exterior rather than my interior.

All things being equal, I like having a decent hairline. I'm thankful that I've been blessed with first class hair restoration results. But with every passing year the amount of hair on top of my head becomes less important.

This "Thanksgiving" I encourage you to look in the mirror and into your eyes rather than just your hairline and contemplate all that you have to be thankful for.

Can you see your inner beauty beneath your scalp? If you can, so will others.

Best wishes for realizing your inner and outer beauty.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat, because we are at times so vain, we tend to lose our purpose about the real gifts that we have.

Our appearance at times we feel is the only thing people see.

We need to judge and to be judge on our actions and the way we treat our fellow man. We all want to look good and feel we are attractive.

With good looks at times comes confidence and self assuarnce. But sometimes we forget that to have outter beauty does not translate to inter beauty.

Because someone may be less attractive does not mean they are not a beautiful person.

I want my hair that I had in my early 20's but I also want the wisdom that I have gain now in my 40's.

Looking forward, the health of my loved ones and happiness far out weigh my hairloss.

To have good health is a blessing. Everything else is a bonus. To all Happy Thanksgiving!

Pat,

This important topic inspired me to look up a discussion I started years ago that centered around this very idea. After extensive digging through a number of previous posts, I found it.

I created the topic "The Value in All of Us" in October of 2006 to remind the members of our community that while it's ok to work to improve our appearance, it's who we are, not what we look like that really matters.

For those of you interested in reading the topic, "click here".

Best wishes,

Bill

Good topic Pat. This is a subject we should especially be focusing on with our children as the concept of physical beauty seems to be forced down their throats at younger and younger ages. I have a daughter and it worries me to see the way teens, especially girls, focus so much on appearance (just turn on the Disney channel to see what I mean). Hopefully I can teach my little girl the value of seeing a person for who they are rather than what they appear to be.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

A very important subject.

Bill, Ive just finished reading your 2006 post, a thoroughly brilliant read.

I've only told a couple of people that i'm considering a HT. One of the friends I told, unknown to me, went off and did his own research. Only this didnt include going over this site with a fine tooth-comb (no pun intended!), instead he asked all of the women he knows, (he's gay, so he knows A LOT!), 'Does it matter to you if a man is losing, or has lost his hair'?..

and not one of them said it did.... funny ol world eh?

Think of this -- when people think of their friends/family who've passed away, are the deceased remember for their hair? No. People are remembered by their character, heart, compassion ... and the reverse sadly -- anger, rejection, cheat, etc. But people are almost never remember what what they look like; unless you were Andre the Giant. icon_smile.gif

My point -- people (esp our kids) will not remember us for our hair, but what we did with our lives.

So true. At the end of the day there is something that trumps our physical appearance, and transcends the physical world. Focus on that should never be sacrificed by taking the 'easier' road of hair, et. al.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!