Hair Transplant Mentor Journey to Turkey, Part 2

Ok fellas, part 2 is edited and uploaded and "F" me if it wasn't a pain the butt. I hope you guys appreciate this, lol! I'm learning how to edit as I do this so everything about this is completely new to me:) No one is helping me and I'm using software I've never used before.

Hair transplant documentary #2 shows the journey from the airport to the hotel. Normally this would be a dull journey not worthy of discussion but in Istanbul there is more to it than what you may expect. I then check in to the hotel and give a preliminary tour of Dr. K's clinic before we head out for dinner. There is a LOT more to come so stay tuned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8umJDKpGo

Well done Mr Tillman,

Its good for people to see things like this so it gives a much better understanding

Of what to expect in Turkey.

Kinda of a busy old place right?

Good job joe.

Looks like Dr K has a nice set up.

I like how the taxi driver's name sounded like Killage...worrying bit of nominative determinism there!

Yes, it is quite efficient in the setup, it is very clean and I like the feel. I refer to his clinic as a boutique clinic because you get a lot of personal service that is more "home style" than clinical and since there is only one patient per day there is a personal touch that permeates as genuine. The view isn't bad either.

Yes, "killage" was his name but not his attitude, thankfully:)

Ontop,

Well done Mr Tillman,

Its good for people to see things like this so it gives a much better understanding

Of what to expect in Turkey.

Kinda of a busy old place right?

Good job joe.

"Busy" is an understatement. Istanbul is a very populous city and the traffic is horrendous but I have come to expect this in many of the cities I travel to. Rome, London, Istanbul, Madrid and many others are all like this, plus or minus a few degrees of severity.

Johnboy71,

Nice Video - will look forward to the next ones showing a procedure with great interest.

I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the comments. They mean a lot when I'm working for hours on all of this footage!

Great videos so far, enjoyed watching both of them. I'm pleased that you have done such a thorough job of documentation and it will prove very useful to anyone wishing to travel to Turkey. I'm somewhat surprised no one has done this before.

Dr. K has an impressive looking clinic and after watching this video I would be much less hesitant to travel to Turkey in order to have surgery. In fact, I wouldn't be hesitant at all, really. Videos like these bridge the information gap and allow people to see that there is little difference between Turkey and the West, and I dare say they may be more advanced than many Western FUE clinics. On this the jury is still out.

I am looking forward to now seeing some documentation of surgeries. Would be great if you had some video of prior to surgery, during surgery, and immediately post-op. Keep the videos coming.

When I had my FUE in Istanbul a few years ago, there was a woman screaming and being sick in the next room. Not unlike the sounds from a torture chamber, really. God knows what was happening there.

Maybe she seen Busa who was trying to give her a hairline down to her nose ...LOL

Edited by ontop
dam lap top

Thanks for the comments fellas. It's been a really busy time here in Istanbul and I've got some thoughts to share in an upcoming blog post. Dr. Erdogan has put together a real winner of a workshop and his entire team are a great to deal with. I've been working with one of the technicians on a small project that I hope to see implemented soon. The surgeries were great and I feel honored to have been included in the activities. Meeting new doctors and reconnecting with old friends, doctor's I've known for years has been a real pleasure.

Here are some pics from the event...

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

joe-tillman-dr-koray-erdogan.jpg

Hi Joe,

Thank you for sharing. I enjoy following your posts.

A quick question: how large was your balding area measured in cm2?

Thanks Joe.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok fellas, part 2 is edited and uploaded and "F" me if it wasn't a pain the butt. I hope you guys appreciate this, lol! I'm learning how to edit as I do this so everything about this is completely new to me:) No one is helping me and I'm using software I've never used before.

Hair transplant documentary #2 shows the journey from the airport to the hotel. Normally this would be a dull journey not worthy of discussion but in Istanbul there is more to it than what you may expect. I then check in to the hotel and give a preliminary tour of Dr. K's clinic before we head out for dinner. There is a LOT more to come so stay tuned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8umJDKpGo

Can't wait to see updates, Joe. It gives a lot of folks, like myself, a perspective on how the services and people are in other parts of the globe. Truly a unique concept, it is like you are bringing us along for for the experience. I think it makes some folks comfortable of travelling globally, whether it be someone going all the way to Asia or whether someone from another country is visiting North America. Please do update and keep us posted.

Is there anything else you can share from one of the biggest FUE workshops in the Mediterranean? I saw the list of docs, they had some well known names there.

Delancey,

A quick question: how large was your balding area measured in cm2?

Big:) I don't know the exact number.

Sean,

Thanks. I did get some footage of Dr. Shapiro. I interviewed him about the challenges and claims of FUE vs. FUSS and mFUE presented by Dr. Feller and he had some interesting things to say about it. When I get time I'll have it uploaded but I have other videos to edit first. I've also got info on several other points but I have to give it a proper write up and that will be a short while from now. Stay tuned.