Need some advice quick!!!

suarez

Hi

Can anyone figure out what the problem could be. The top left photo was only last March and underneath was exactly one year ago, the photos on right are from the other day after using hair clipper.The top has nearly disappeared what looks like in a matter of weeks. The only thing I can think of was a big stressful event a few months ago and also not been very active lately and eating properly. I thought it might have been from eating to much sugary foods which caused a massive raise in insulin resistance.

Last few weeks been eating Brazil nuts with Vit b complex which has brewers yeast (natural selenium), I'm thinking it could be selenium toxicity then again maybe not. I really don't know what to think.I don't take propecia or minox just started taking Beta Sitosterol again after seeing my bad thinning.I can't believe how quick it happened, I didn't notice any shedding either. Hoping somebody can explain it.

image.jpg.42deca02e76473a74b5c661d4f44451b.jpg

It's really hard to compare front views to top views. Based on what you've stated, this does seem to be fast thinning. There are certainly other conditions than male pattern baldness that can contribute to balding but this looks like pattern hair loss to me. I doubt it is related to nutrition.

If you want accurate advice, I highly recommend consulting with a dermatologist specializing in hair loss or a qualified hair restoration physician. If it's androgenic alopecia, taking steps to medically stabilize your balding with Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) will be your best option.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Cheers for the reply David, I'm actually afraid to start minox cause of the shed at the start, I'll be like a cue ball :D .i have never had thinning all over the top before in my life just a receding hairline and temple points which I had a HT for. I had been extremely stressed for the last few months. Surely if it was DHT mpb it would be more progressive thinning not this bad.

MPB can sneak up fast. Was your hair this short before? I feel confident this if MPB just sure to the classic pattern. Why would you loss hair in that pattern if it weren't. Bummer. I would stay propecia if you're really interested in keeping it. It looks like you have a lot left to save and strengthen. You should probable see your doctor and develop a game plan.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Btw, I would now classify you as a patterned nw5.

I hate it man. Our hair on the left is very similar assume this is my ultimate fear.

Did you not notice your hair thin before you cut it when it was wet after a shower?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker, I cut it exactly like that in March and didn't notice anything, I rem it looked good and all I needed was a little nanogen for the front on a night out. I probably did notice a little thin when it was wet but nowhere on this scale, maybe I have been increasing my hormones without taking any protection, bit silly really if so. I've quit all sugar and started eating coconut oil in the morning etc and jumped back on the dht blocker.

Hopefully it will recover a bit and I'll get on minox and msm etc

Yep , similar thing happened me. Had NO IDEA how thin it had got until i buzzed down short and was aghast at how it looked,

I read a statistic before that typically you have lost over 50% of your hair before you notice you have MPB.

I suppose this works to advantage when you transplant back 50% of original density.

Yep , similar thing happened me. Had NO IDEA how thin it had got until i buzzed down short and was aghast at how it looked,

I read a statistic before that typically you have lost over 50% of your hair before you notice you have MPB.

I suppose this works to advantage when you transplant back 50% of original density.

It's been over 3 years since I buzzed,my head like that and 2 since it was short. Hope it doesn't happen to me, we'll see though. How old were you when it happened and were you on finasteride? I always thought must people hair looks thicker buzzed than longer. Also, there's a usually a sweet spot for ht's I've found to be about 2 inches.

View Spanker's Website

I was about 29 Spanker . Loss incurred between 27-29 was a lot, I was on Finasteride for a few years but i continued to loose on it in a very specific loss pattern on vertex with the rest of my hair staying very thick so ditched it. It also triggered an initial shed for me in hairline that never grew back and did not like the idea of it long term to be honest.

If your gonna buzz with thinning hair you need to buzz real short back and sides and slightly longer on top to aid the illusion i think. The OP's pics are worst possible scenario i think. If back and sides were buzzed unguarded the thinning would not look as noticeable.

Spanker, I forgot to mention that I got ibuprofen injection a few months ago. A side effect which is hair loss, you think that could be anything to do with it? Anything but mpb haha. I know I will thicken it back up if I stick to a regime but at the cost of my wrinkles lookin worse.Thats one thing I noticed the last few weeks when it was thinning, my skin was flawless, glowing!

Spanker, I forgot to mention that I got ibuprofen injection a few months ago. A side effect which is hair loss, you think that could be anything to do with it? Anything but mpb haha. I know I will thicken it back up if I stick to a regime but at the cost of my wrinkles lookin worse.Thats one thing I noticed the last few weeks when it was thinning, my skin was flawless, glowing!

Honestly, I don't think so. Specifically because of the pattern. I think 99.9 percent of the time genetic disposition to hair being susceptible to dht is the culprit. I also dont put too much stock in anything but fin or dut. Nutrition and exercise just don't have a lot to do with your eventual pattern if you are not genetically at risk. Take a walk in a major city. You see homeless people (poor nutrition), crack heads ( numerous drugs that could cause hair loss), etc. Yet we still see some of these folks walking around with thick heads or hair.

It's all about genes.

View Spanker's Website

Yes I agree about the homeless and alco's. I have noticed it too with travellers in Ireland most have bad nutrition high carb, bread,and no showers but big thick mops of hair. I think the alcoholic thing must be high estrogen from all the beer.