2nd Procedure - 1300 FUT with Dr. Feller (Pic Heavy)

NTB I believe you're coming up on 10 months now, have you come to any conclusions as to how to proceed from here ? And who you will go to, to repair this ?

I received poor results as well, and have to wear my hair down as you've had to do, to hide the bad work. I can definitely relate to your position. The time, money, preparation all for naught. Only to have to pay again to repair it.

There are very few doctors who can achieve a convincing hairline. I do hope you choose wisely. Good luck !!

I know this feeling also. Its very exhausting on both the body and finances, especially when the clinic that's recommended tells you its gonna cost you more money to fix the poor results.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't let these guys get to you notakebacks. These are the same guys who are raving about this hairline in the case in the link which looks excellent. Your's isn't any different except he's at a year growth and you are still growing.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180811-dense-packing-frontal-area-3096-fus%3B-dr-beehner.html

NTB I believe you're coming up on 10 months now, have you come to any conclusions as to how to proceed from here ? And who you will go to, to repair this ?

I received poor results as well, and have to wear my hair down as you've had to do, to hide the bad work. I can definitely relate to your position. The time, money, preparation all for naught. Only to have to pay again to repair it.

There are very few doctors who can achieve a convincing hairline. I do hope you choose wisely. Good luck !!

I know this feeling also. Its very exhausting on both the body and finances, especially when the clinic that's recommended tells you its gonna cost you more money to fix the poor results.

Thanks guys, I'm keeping it together (for the most part). Torn, today would be my 9 month anniversary. I'm pretty deep, but not 10 months out. :D I have yet to make any final decision, and committed myself to wait till winter. I want to have my hair fully stabilized to best make an informed decision. I'll also have Dr. F take a look at it then. I've waited this long, I can last 3 more months give or take. Do I want to wait more? Of course not! But it's for the best.

I wouldn't let these guys get to you notakebacks. These are the same guys who are raving about this hairline in the case in the link which looks excellent. Your's isn't any different except he's at a year growth and you are still growing.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...r-beehner.html

Don't worry Joe, I'm a big boy and can handle what others say. ;) However, I'm going to hold my tongue and say let's wait another 3 months to compare apples to apples.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, It's that time again! I said I probably wouldn't post an update for 2 months didn't I?

Well, today marks my 10 month anniversary, and boy what a difference two months make.

First, let me tell you: shedding is no joke. I had to stop Minoxidil for roughly 3 weeks to rule out any contraindications for a blood test, and boy did I shed. So much that I was scared witless. Actually, I could think of a few choicer terms and words, but I'll keep it civil. Either way, everything turned out fine and I was able to resume Minoxidil application. So unless I'm held at gunpoint (or a doctors chart), that is not happening again.

Now on to the stuff people really care about. Because of my shedding scare, and my concerns with the hairline being a lazy laggard, I stopped by Dr. Feller and Bloxham to have everything checked. The good news is my frontal third recovered/is recovering and...well I'll let the pics tell the reset for now:

25763.jpg

25760.jpg

25761.jpg

25764.jpg

25765.jpg

Just a reminder of where I came from. This is a pre-op from my FIRST procedure.

25766.jpg

25759.jpg

Things I Learned:

1) I seriously need to trim my "beard."

2) No. Seriously. What the hell is going on there?

3) Hair looks a lot better than it did.

4) I do have tons more vellus hairs popping in! So there's still hope for it to soften a bit.

I'm not gonna lie, while I'm not 100% satisfied with the hairline just yet (mostly the forelock and design), I do feel a lot more relieved. I can at least style it a bit and look pretty decent, which is a lot more than I could say circa 2.5 years ago. For that, Dr. Feller has my sincere thanks. Just gotta keep it real and see what it's like in another 4 months. Then I'll decide what, if at all, I'll do with that pesky forelock. :cool:

I'll keep y'all updated with my usual type pictures in the coming months.

WOW! What a remarkable change between months 7-10! Your hairline looks fantastic and totally natural. Not sure why you're not 100% satisfied yet - every hairline has some 'imperfections'. That's what makes us human! ;)

My personal take is that I think you should count your blessings at this point and appreciate the near perfect hairline you now have! :D A job well done to Dr. Feller!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

so glad that has finally come good, I think the shedding may have coincidence with the none use of minoxidol, I think more to do with the cycle of the new transplants, but looks fantastic

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Thanks guys appreciate it!

Not sure why you're not 100% satisfied yet -every hairline has some 'imperfections'. That's what makes us human! ;)

Oh boy, this is going to be a bit rambling and long....So here's the thing about competing with yourself: it sucks. After the first procedure, I loved and owned the hairline design as my own. Dr. Feller knocked it out of the park. If it wasn't over 5 fingers high, I wouldn't have considered a second operation. At all. Not his fault, that's mine. Genetics and hair greed. Always had a high-forehead so it put me at a higher risk of looking really "highbrow" (;)) with any recession. I didn't want to go aggressive the first op; wanted to see how well my hair stabilized and how everything worked out. So I waited to address that with the second op. What I'm really comparing is my/Dr, Feller's hairline 18 month post op from the first procedure, to my current result.

I openly admitted to Dr. Feller that I'm extremely tough, but (at least I feel) fair. The thing is... as of right now I think it's just a bit too "perfect" for my taste. Too ordered and slightly lacking density in the center. The first one had a bit more macro-irregularities. Warranted I do have 4-8 more months to let it mature, that's why I said not yet, Maybe after full maturation with the hairs being silkier and hopefully some more hairs going from vellus to something more robust, the density and look will meet my exacting standards. :D

The trouble is Dr. Feller let it slip with the first procedure, and I know what he's capable of. Anytime someone shows me their potential, I hold them to it. ;) As I said, I want to keep it real, and it'd be a disservice if I didn't express my feelings for anyone else to see whom is preparing to go through a HT. Hopefully they can learn about expectations. Especially for those that are even MORE OCD and perfectionist than myself.

so glad that has finally come good, I think the shedding may have coincidence with the none use of minoxidol, I think more to do with the cycle of the new transplants, but looks fantastic

Could very well have been the perfect storm of hair cycle, seasonal, stress and medicinal shed. As long as it continues on the upswing I'm happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks really great and glad things have turned around so well for you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson