Bosley...

I'm going in this Thursday for a consultation, but wondering if this is a place to be recommended. I'm going to the Manhattan,NY branch. I will post some pics here soon, once I figure out how to do that.

Oh and another thing, I love to give myself tight military cuts. How bad is this gonna look in the back of my head?

I'm going in this Thursday for a consultation, but wondering if this is a place to be recommended. I'm going to the Manhattan,NY branch. I will post some pics here soon, once I figure out how to do that.

Oh and another thing, I love to give myself tight military cuts. How bad is this gonna look in the back of my head?

I would cancel your appointment with bosley; just do a search of bosley on this site and you will see that there are a lot people who have had bad experience with bosley; i would recomment that you take your time and research using this site; check out some of the coalition docs on this site; they have a proven track record of good results; with bosley the results are hit and miss; you only have one scalp and only so much donor hair so you want to get it right;

spotswood,

As a former Bosley patient, I can assure you that they do not have your best interest in mind. Instead, they are simply after your money. They performed surgery on me when my hair was just fine, but as a young 20-year old concerned with hair-loss, little did I know that I simply had a high forehead and weak temples, not any actual hair loss. They took advantage of this and started planting grafts and killing my native hair, locking me into future procedures. Thankfully, I found this site and have been able to correct Bosley's poor hair transplant results.

As for the scar, I don't think you will be able to buzz down to a military cut with a strip surgery. Can you cut it short in the back - yes, but doubtful that it can be that short.

Your other option is FUE, but again everyone reacts differently, so instead of a strip scar, you may have 'white dots' and some possible thinning.

I would suggest that you (a) post some photos (crop them if you like to keep yourself anonymous) to receive some feedback from patients and doctors on this site, and also (b) review some doctor's on this site based upon their history and samples of work that most closely resemble your needs. Then © send in your photos for an online or in-person consultation with your chosen doctors. Good luck.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

i can GUARANTEE you a couple things...

1. you are not NEAR as informed as you need to be before deciding on a transplant

2. you will NOT recieve the necessary information at your bosley visit..

please listen to me here.. transplants are NOT perfect and they are limited especially if you end up with advanced hairloss. they are long term commitments NOT one and done events... and a buzz cut will not be an option for you any lower then about a 4 guard if its a good scar.... you want to find some truth about this procedure you will stick around this forum for a while.. learn, ask questions, post pics, and research long and hard before you make a decision... do not allow yourself to be sold, not by bosley... take it from me... i went to bosley and i was un informed

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Wise comments above. I would also say to check out New Hair Institute. Rassman is top notch from what I have heard. I used Pak there and he the results are good so far (although I am still waiting for full growth). Do NOT go near Bosley.

Another pair of coalition docs. in the City are Drs. True and Dorin. I've heard positive comments regarding Dr. Bernstein, but he charges, I believe, $200.00 just for a consultation. Some might say that's not bad, as the fee is applied toward a scheduled procedure, but if you're not certain you'll go through with one (many people are not; they just want some information and a bit of guidance), $200.00 (of course, non-refundable) might be a hint much just to talk.

Liked the first one they did...Did not like the second one...Yes,male pattern baldness if ''this is your problem''does continue on and on so be careful of your choice...I would definately check out one of the coalition Drs.on this website...Good luck...