Dermmatch

hi guys, think most pple browse this area hence the reason i post here, rather than under the concealers section

i ve been using nanogen for yrs but got my 1st dermatch via air mail.

anyone can shed some light on the best way to use? Maybe the applicator is brand new so i had a hard time applying on the scalp. As in, i tried to rub unidirectional but seems that the power does not stick on. In the end, i had to dap it slowly, area by area.

Also, do u comb immediately after application? I feel it does not look as natural as nanogen at this stage

However, when it all dries up, i agree the thickening effect is present, which the powder concealers cannot provide. Overall, the hair seems thicker. But i was not able to comb my hair anymore as the hair seems to have hardened.

Any comments? I am not sure if i have used it the right way but i was following the instructions that came with the package

thanks!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Also, it feels slightly uncomfortable having to rub something on the scalp. I assume everyone here is treating all remaining precious follicles with care so i felt lousy having to apply with quite a bit of pressure on the scalp.

Bill, i know u have been a dermatch user for years. care to advise?

thanks!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I am not sure if Dermatch now comes with a new applicator, but in the past it came witha brush that the patient just rubbed on the scalp. I usually do not have patients complaining that the product is clumping and that they cannot brush their hair after using it.

I've been using dermmatch for years. Some tips:

1) Apply wet, after shower. Don't use too much. Comb through your hair immediately to spread it out.

2) Give it a few minutes to air dry, roughly 10-15 minutes. Then comb through it again to get the powder residue out.

3) Sprinkle nanogen or toppik on top. Then hair spray to hold.

Dermmatch does not look natural if you cake it on. It then appears too chalky and if there is a slight color difference from your natural hair it is that much more noticeable. It is a nice foundation to offset the color difference between your hair and scalp. But don't over use it.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

hi guys

thanks for the tips! so its best to apply st after shower and not to apply too much.. and finish it off with some powder. ok i hear u loud and clear

Anyway dear Dr, dermatch now comes with a sort of spongy applicator and not brush... i think brushing shld be better... but even if so, nobody has problems with applying? I have dapped in deep into the coat but still i have to apply quite a bit of pressure to stick it on the scalp...

Bill, i know u have been a dermatch user for years. care to advise?

wb280,

If you are referring to me, this isn't true. I've used Dermmatch a handful of times after my second hair transplant and just couldn't get the application quite right. After my third and fourth hair transplant, I felt confident enough without any concealers.

I was able to brush my hair just fine after using it. However, it did thicken up the hair and make it more difficult to comb. But it also added magnificent styling capabilities since my hair pretty much stayed anywhere I positioned it.

Some people use, love, and swear by Dermmatch. One thing I can tell you is, it definitely doesn't come off in the pool. It's only removable by a shower and shampoo.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. I will be moving this into the concealer section of the forum in the next day or two.

Aaron,

In the third point you mentioned that you need to sprinkle toppik or nanogen on top and than hair spray it.Now what do u mean by an hair spray?I thought one only needs to sprinkle toppik or nanogen on top to hold the thin hairs together.I have never used a concealer.Gonna buy 1

Bill, oh i tote u have been using it your whole life. sorry mate. anyway the prob i m facing is that i cannot seem to apply on the scalp. maybe the applicator is still new, i just cant seem to dap enuff on the scalp... maybe shld use a brush...

IIRC the DermMatch information booklet says that if you have trouble getting the powder to stick to your scalp it could be because you live in an area with hard water. Could that be the case?

If that's so then any soaps/shampoos you use may not be fully rinsed, leaving a thin film on your skin. When this happens the DermMatch doesn't stick to the skin.

I've used DermMatch a few times, but I tend to use it only for the thickening effect, and not so much to coat my scalp (I only use a small amount so can't say that I've ever seen it clump up).

hi guys

tried again today but it seems super unnatural at the hairline esp when wet...

scott, maybe u r right. shld apply on the hair for the thickening effect and maybe the concealers for the hairline area?

Hairiswhere,

I use the hairspray to make sure the toppik or nanogen doesn't flake off. It binds the fibers to the hairs.

wb280,

Are you wetting the applicator before you apply?

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

hi aaron

yah i did but this time round it smudged... prob cos i put too much water. anyone had luck with the frontline with dermatch?

will defn appreciate some input!

thanks!

When you apply dermmatch to the hairline you should always go very light. It's easier to do a hairline with dermmatch than any other concealer, but it has to be done just right. Fade up to the front when applying it, meaning, stroke from the back portion of the scalp towards the front. Never go from the front towards the back, if that makes sense.