which place in Istambul to turn to?

fc8uk

hi everybody

i am scheduling to have hair transplant done in Istambul, Turkey in March, but there are so many choices and different so called surgents that i dont know who and how to trust. I am goin for the Fue technique fyi. can you guys advice on a few clinics there? i was thinking of goin for Estemedica or Esteworld if u have heard of those, but more than ok to go somewhere else. thank you so much for your help as i am desperate for answers.

rgds

i have heard Asmed is a very good place to go as he is recommended by this website. if you look in the section where they show you the surgeons , you will be able to see which ones to choose from. i believe the tab is in the top right hand corner of the screen, saying find a great surgeon in your area.

just another question. Has anybody heard of hair palace in hungary ? i don't know if i am breaking any rules here but i can't seem to find any information on these people or the business. they seem very good price wise and very professional quotes compared to some online quotes i have had.

im desperate to get my hair done and get it back, but i need 5000 grafts and even in turkey its 12.5k GPB

There are a number of great & informative pieces on HT Surgeons in Turkey to help you make an informed choice :)

I decided on Turkey myself 8 months ago & looking back it was a very 'good' decision for me.

Good luck with your research and your HT journey! Regards, Campbell.

i have heard Asmed is a very good place to go as he is recommended by this website. if you look in the section where they show you the surgeons , you will be able to see which ones to choose from. i believe the tab is in the top right hand corner of the screen, saying find a great surgeon in your area.

just another question. Has anybody heard of hair palace in hungary ? i don't know if i am breaking any rules here but i can't seem to find any information on these people or the business. they seem very good price wise and very professional quotes compared to some online quotes i have had.

im desperate to get my hair done and get it back, but i need 5000 grafts and even in turkey its 12.5k GPB

You are way off with that quote, the quotes are given in Euros, not Pounds, check again and you'll see it's far cheaper than that.

i think you will find jonnyalex that asmed charge 2.5 euro a graft, so thats 12,500 euros for 5000 grafts , plus the flights, transfers, and also you have to pay for the accommodation. if you care to check the exchange rate , you will see its not that far off after airport parking fees , fuel , spending money. you have to take everything into account when comparing prices on your doorstep to actually going and travelling hours abroad to a strange country.

You are way off with that quote, the quotes are given in Euros, not Pounds, check again and you'll see it's far cheaper than that.

i think you will find jonnyalex that asmed charge 2.5 euro a graft, so thats 12,500 euros for 5000 grafts , plus the flights, transfers, and also you have to pay for the accommodation. if you care to check the exchange rate , you will see its not that far off after airport parking fees , fuel , spending money. you have to take everything into account when comparing prices on your doorstep to actually going and travelling hours abroad to a strange country.

hi everybody

i am scheduling to have hair transplant done in Istambul, Turkey in March, but there are so many choices and different so called surgents that i dont know who and how to trust. I am goin for the Fue technique fyi. can you guys advice on a few clinics there? i was thinking of goin for Estemedica or Esteworld if u have heard of those, but more than ok to go somewhere else. thank you so much for your help as i am desperate for answers.

rgds

The decision on where to go in Istanbul for a hair transplant could be determined by considering 2 factors:

1. Type of hair clinic:

A. Technician clinics where the whole procedure is done by technicians.

B. Clinics where technicians do graft extractions and the doctor does recipient site incisions.

C. Doctors clinics where doctors do all graft extractions and recipient site incisions.

2. Price

A. 1000-2000 Euro price range

B. 2000-5000 Euro price range

C. 5000-10000 Euro price range

Interestingly, when you analyse clinics for these 2 criteria, A in 1 doesn't always match A in 2, B in 1 doesn't always match B in 2 and C in 1 doesn't always match C in 2. You will see some alterations depending on brand name.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

I have, and I am booked with them in march and have worked out all the costs, including the hotel and flights etc, it come's to around ?10000, nothing like 12,500. Unless he lives in Australia or something, it seems he has confused euro's for pounds.

and also, I have confirmed with them, they will accept British pounds as currency, no need to pay any exchange rate.

Estemedica is a big hair mill. The better surgeons usually start off in one of these places, and when they develop a good reputation, they usually branch off into a boutique clinic of their own, with maybe 2-3 techs to assist.

Dear KO,

Both of those clinics he is mentioning are technicians clinics. When you have a look at their websites (I just did that) you will not see any doctors name assigned to hair surgeries. So, there is no chance that there are doctors there who can develop a good reputation and branch off later. The only clinic that had doctors to do hair operations was the one I used to work, where the scenario you mentioned happened and the clinic was left with a single surgeon. This clinic can no longer train new surgeons as all the senior ones have left. There is no hair clinic in Turkey where new hair surgeons can be trained.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Dear KO,

Both of those clinics he is mentioning are technicians clinics. When you have a look at their websites (I just did that) you will not see any doctors name assigned to hair surgeries. So, there is no chance that there are doctors there who can develop a good reputation and branch off later. The only clinic that had doctors to do hair operations was the one I used to work, where the scenario you mentioned happened and the clinic was left with a single surgeon. This clinic can no longer train new surgeons as all the senior ones have left. There is no hair clinic in Turkey where new hair surgeons can be trained.

You are correct, I have conflated the two different setups.

I have, and I am booked with them in march and have worked out all the costs, including the hotel and flights etc, it come's to around ?10000, nothing like 12,500. Unless he lives in Australia or something, it seems he has confused euro's for pounds.

they did quote me in euros, but when i converted it to GBP it come to around 11ish k, regardless if you are paying euros or GBP you are paying 11 and a bit thousand pound.

as they add 350 euros on just for a recovery treatment where they use the plasma from your own blood and put it onto the scalp. theres lots of extras.

asmed sent me a full written quotation with every break down in cost. its 9.5k GBP alone just for the grafts.

they did quote me in euros, but when i converted it to GBP it come to around 11ish k, regardless if you are paying euros or GBP you are paying 11 and a bit thousand pound.

as they add 350 euros on just for a recovery treatment where they use the plasma from your own blood and put it onto the scalp. theres lots of extras.

asmed sent me a full written quotation with every break down in cost. its 9.5k GBP alone just for the grafts.

I have an identical price from them for the grafts, i'll stay in the clinic too which will cost a bit more.. honestly, from what this forum has taught me, you seem to get what you pay for with these things. I don't want to have regrets. I'd never go with the cheaper ones

• 2 weeks later...
Dear KO,

thanks for your answer but does not mean they are bad at what they do? i am considering either estemedica or esteworld... should i go for them or it will be a disaster u think?

thanks for your answer but does not mean they are bad at what they do? i am considering either estemedica or esteworld... should i go for them or it will be a disaster u think?

I don't think I need to say anything more about technician clinics as I have posted a lot about this. Me and my patients on this forum have been subjected to personal insults by them and their representatives lately. Meanwhile, I would like to add here that I am not against these clinics as long as they are transparent in what they do and the patients accept this. Anybody who feels they will never have a chance to have a proper hair transplant by one of the leading surgeons and are willing to risk their natural appearance to get some hair on top of their heads can and will continue to go to these clinics.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

I don't think I need to say anything more about technician clinics as I have posted a lot about this. Me and my patients on this forum have been subjected to personal insults by them and their representatives lately. Meanwhile, I would like to add here that I am not against these clinics as long as they are transparent in what they do and the patients accept this. Anybody who feels they will never have a chance to have a proper hair transplant by one of the leading surgeons and are willing to risk their natural appearance to get some hair on top of their heads can and will continue to go to these clinics.

It's good that you raise awareness about this. I think you generalize a bit though. You talk about "technicians" and "surgeons", however what makes you think that a technician can't become more skilled than a surgeon? In fact, some technicians might do a better job as surgeons right? It's only a qualification we are talking about here.. Honestly no offense, but even a random person from the street who is unqualified could be the next worldwide superstar in hair transplants if he receives adequate training and is talented. While there is definitely some technical and medical knowledge needed for hair transplant, the artistry outweighs far more. You can only gain this through practice, effort & talent. At least this is my opinion.

@fc8uk, I just came back from Turkey and made a report of my hair transplant experience here; http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178374-hakan-doganay-2835-grafts.html. Perhaps interesting for you too read, good luck!

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

It's good that you raise awareness about this. I think you generalize a bit though. You talk about "technicians" and "surgeons", however what makes you think that a technician can't become more skilled than a surgeon? In fact, some technicians might do a better job as surgeons right? It's only a qualification we are talking about here.. Honestly no offense, but even a random person from the street who is unqualified could be the next worldwide superstar in hair transplants if he receives adequate training and is talented. While there is definitely some technical and medical knowledge needed for hair transplant, the artistry outweighs far more. You can only gain this through practice, effort & talent. At least this is my opinion.

@fc8uk, I just came back from Turkey and made a report of my hair transplant experience here; http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178374-hakan-doganay-2835-grafts.html. Perhaps interesting for you too read, good luck!

The principle you are basing your opinion totally defeats the principle of 'Licensing in Medicine'.

If we accept what you are saying, then we could train a car mechanist to do heart surgery better than some heart surgeons, we could train a policeman to do better gastrointestinal surgery than some general surgeons and we could train a housewife to do a rhinoplasty better than some plastic surgeons and so on. There is no end to this.

If we are talking about public health and safety, of course we have to generalise.

We have to assume that in order to get the best average quality of hair transplants, with regards to safety, naturalness, donor and recipient area aesthetics, we should give a licence to physicians not technicians.

I have to add that the term 'technicians' does not refer to a specific specialty with training in hair procedures, but is a mixture of people from various fields, including nurses, ambulance technicians, paramedics, laboratory technicians, biologists. I have even heard car mechanists, secretaries and housewives doing this. So you can imagine how much we actually need to standardise this in Turkey.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

The principle you are basing your opinion totally defeats the principle of 'Licensing in Medicine'.

If we accept what you are saying, then we could train a car mechanist to do heart surgery better than some heart surgeons, we could train a policeman to do better gastrointestinal surgery than some general surgeons and we could train a housewife to do a rhinoplasty better than some plastic surgeons and so on. There is no end to this.

If we are talking about public health and safety, of course we have to generalise.

We have to assume that in order to get the best average quality of hair transplants, with regards to safety, naturalness, donor and recipient area aesthetics, we should give a licence to physicians not technicians.

I have to add that the term 'technicians' does not refer to a specific specialty with training in hair procedures, but is a mixture of people from various fields, including nurses, ambulance technicians, paramedics, laboratory technicians, biologists. I have even heard car mechanists, secretaries and housewives doing this. So you can imagine how much we actually need to standardise this in Turkey.

Well I completely agree with you. It's absolutely needed that these rules exist for public health and safety. I wanted to create a nuance here though. People might perceive the generalizing as that per definition a technician always does a worse job than a surgeon , while it may be the other way around. I do agree that people should be especially cautious of these clinics, however that doesn't mean that they cannot provide stellar consistent work.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Well I completely agree with you. It's absolutely needed that these rules exist for public health and safety. I wanted to create a nuance here though. People might perceive the generalizing as that per definition a technician always does a worse job than a surgeon , while it may be the other way around. I do agree that people should be especially cautious of these clinics, however that doesn't mean that they cannot provide stellar consistent work.

Are we talking about a specific technician here? If we were, then anyone who had an experience, together with the results could contribute into a discussion about this person. In light of such testimonials and evidence I would be ready to admire a genius. However in the absence of a specific person we have to stick with our generalisations.

A question also arises: Why would someone posting his opinions here try to squeeze in a rare exception of a technician being much better at doing hair surgery than a properly trained surgeon? And why do I see this happening so frequently?

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

I think you should be more specific when categorising everywhere doing ht without a doc doing the work.

There are the places you describe dr Karadeniz were they are made up of vehicle technicians or theatre techs and so on.

But then there are places that have highly trained ht techs with vast experience doing the work.its a big difference in the likely outcome for the patients.

Look up what technician means. - someone with skill and artistry - the places you have high lighted that blight the lives of desperate people have neither of these qualities and even less compassion for another human being.

Only my opinion you don't need to insult me again by calling me a troll.

Have a nice day