Would FUE be a good idea

herico

Hey there I have been loosing my hair for 9 years. I'm 28. It's been very slow hair loss (so slow my GP run blood tests to make sure it wasn't something else) it started around my crown age 19-20 and it wasn't till three years ago that the front of my hair was affected. Sadly I can't use propercia due to side effects and I'm now fed up with my deteriorating hair. I was wondering if anyone thinks FUE would be a good idea. I'm aware I would need several over the coming years as I still have a lot of hair to lose. I have attached a pic to this post. I wanted to attach more than one but don't seem to be able to.

Kind regards, Herico

image.jpg.c30ff10ad924d2fd16edc6b2171a62f8.jpg

Edited by herico

My recommendation would be to contact some good FUE docs by way of online consultation, such as Drs Biganga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, Reddy, Erdogan and Maras. You will fill out an online questionnaire about your hair loss, medications, and what you wish to achieve and will be asked to provide some photos of your hair from different angles. Online consultations are free and the docs will give you an idea from your photos and the information you have provided them of what you can expect to achieve.

I agree with FUE2014, your online consultation would be the safe bet at this time. Your the right person for FUE, I think you will need to rebuild you hairline and give density at the front scalp and work towards the back.

My recommendation would be to contact some good FUE docs by way of online consultation, such as Drs Biganga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, Reddy, Erdogan and Maras. You will fill out an online questionnaire about your hair loss, medications, and what you wish to achieve and will be asked to provide some photos of your hair from different angles. Online consultations are free and the docs will give you an idea from your photos and the information you have provided them of what you can expect to achieve.

I feel your pain and had hair similar to yours about 6-8 years ago. Everyday was a battle just to have a hair style. I just cut it pretty short and stopped trying to comb it eventually - ended up looking just unkept and frustrating.

I agree with the poster above, though I would also recommend you speak to some more docs who do both FUT and FUE on a regular basis (some of the above do both). Docs who do both are most objective in developing a solution for your specific desires, in my opinion. You look like a 3000+ graft candidate to me.

I normally say its never a good idea to have HT esp given your age & not on any Meds which is worry for me but you did say you gave Fin a go & didn't work out so that sucks.

Saying that somehow you must look into something else to try & control that DHT because having HT at this time you will only be chasing your tail for many yrs.

There are many guys lik yourself who also can't take Meds & gone on Natural supplements which is not as effective as the gold standard FDA drugs but at least its worth looking into again to try & curbe that DHT because I feel you have more hair to come over the yrs.

I'm not saying for one second that you could & have FUE or FUT done but again with control of that DHT at your age would be a up hill battle for several yrs.

I agree with the members have a chat with several of the Docs & maybe have a game plan.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the replies guys. Ive considered Dr Lorenzo before as I see an awful lot of good before and after pictures posted by his patients. I contacted Farjo earlier this year but was told he had gone back to Spain and would want me to use propecia any way. Leaves me at a loss as even at sub therapeutic doses of 0.25mg every other day I still suffer side effects. I wouldn't mind waiting another 10 years till all of my hair has fallen out and then getting a procedure only Id like to look like I'm in my 20's whilst I'm in my 20's. Chasing my tail doesn't bother me that much and I figured if I have one now I'm likely to end up with my original hairline as it is obvious where it is at the moment and wouldn't need reconstructing.

The Dr who advised you to take propicia only has your best interest at heart being your MBP & age taken into account.

If you can not take Meds at least try rogain & natural supplements to slow down or halt your MPB maybe going this route will take you several yrs down the line of which you could be in a better place in the furture.

These two options may help some but if you read up on the forum/s there is a slight chance you could get side effects also.

Your kinda dam if you do/ don't. Situation & I feel for you.

But again somehow at your age you must try to control that DHT.

Best wishes.

I don't hold minoxidil in the highest of regards due mainly to the fact that it requires a lot of effort to slow the process not stop it. Seems pointless when I don't actually mind having to pay more for more transplants because the process isn't slowed down. I did like the effects finasteride had but reading up on its mechanism of action I'm not surprised there are side effects, I'm also a pharmacist so I wasn't overly surprised there were sides when I read about how the drug works . I will contact some of the doctors mentioned and let you know how I get on. Thanks again for your help and support guys. Great forum.

Ohh and happy new year