Worried about Doganay after digging on here..

kdub87

I have a HT booked with Hakan Doganay after seeing some good results on forums and his site. After digging on here it seems theres more than a few unhappy patients and that whole thing about former 'patients' posting on here turning out to be his staff is very disconcerting. Not sure what to do now, got my hopes up and finding it hard to listen to my gut.

I almost booked with him last year, but many results the last 12 months have not been good. I have booked with an other clinic, and will make a thread when my journey starts in early February 2015.

I have been on different hair forums for the last 10 years, and this is not the first time a clinic "suddenly" pops up, with a lot of "happy customers", and many "good results".

I have had 2 procedures earlier, and my third need to be a success.

Thats just it iv been lurking here, baldtruthtalk and hairlosstalk etc for months. Hakan seemed to have consistent results until recently. Im 27 and want to enjoy my younger years while i can. So tired of being limited to certain hairstyles and being afraid of the wind lol. Over a year of propecia has done little for any regrowth but may have slowed it down some. Just been so excited and Iv spent today digging deeply and uncovered a lot of worrying information:confused: just wondering what the general forums feeling was on this surgeon after recent months?

Yes, there are surely many good clinics in Turkey. However, the only one I would choose right now is Dr Keser. But he charges 3,5 Euro per graft, and is expensive. Earlier I considered both Doganay and Erdogan as "safe choices", but the last year I have seen several results that have been not good.

Would you consider Erdogan to be the same as Doganay? So confused as to what to do. After tonight i dont think i can go with doganay and thats cost me a lot in lost plane tickets, which could have went towards a better surgeon

Yes, there are surely many good clinics in Turkey. However, the only one I would choose right now is Dr Keser. But he charges 3,5 Euro per graft, and is expensive. Earlier I considered both Doganay and Erdogan as "safe choices", but the last year I have seen several results that have been not good.
so wat do u think suddenly he can't perform HT's? every doctor is gonna have unhappy patients but the fact he presents ALL his cases and not just the GREAT ones like some these other scamming clinics do says a lot about his work ethic.

he uploads new patients like every week so of course ur gonna see some unhappy patients vs. other clinics that have the same pictures up there from 10 years ago....:rolleyes:

Would you consider Erdogan to be the same as Doganay? So confused as to what to do. After tonight i dont think i can go with doganay and thats cost me a lot in lost plane tickets, which could have went towards a better surgeon
dont be ignorant! he's one of the best HT doctors on the planet. stop listening to ppl that have no clue wat their talkn about.

focus on the fact that he has great results vs. a few unhappy patients. some patients just have the X factor and no matter where they go for a HT the result wud be unsatisfactory.

dont be ignorant! he's one of the best HT doctors on the planet. stop listening to ppl that have no clue wat their talkn about.

focus on the fact that he has great results vs. a few unhappy patients. some patients just have the X factor and no matter where they go for a HT the result wud be unsatisfactory.

I'm not being ignorant, infact quite the opposite. The only decent results seem to be documented in posts made by the clinic itself. Why are you so massively supportive? Best on the planet? Very strong statement

Edited by kdub87

For FUE, I am a big fan of Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Bisanga (smaller cases), and Dr. Erdogan (very natural hair lines). If you are having doubts, then you should follow your gut feeling. I am going on NW6, and if I had doubts about my surgeon, I would cancel immediately. I don't see why it would be any different for you! Good decisions usually come with confident feelings.

Best of luck to you.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

For FUE, I am a big fan of Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Bisanga (smaller cases), and Dr. Erdogan (very natural hair lines). If you are having doubts, then you should follow your gut feeling. I am going on NW6, and if I had doubts about my surgeon, I would cancel immediately. I don't see why it would be any different for you! Good decisions usually come with confident feelings.

Best of luck to you.

Yeah i think im gonna have to go with my gut on this one and give it a miss. Kicker that ill lose the plane ticket which was unusually expensive but better than worrying for a year whether or not my hairs botched lol

kdub87, you did the right thing about canceling. The fact is that we have not seen enough documented results posted by actual patients. The results we have seen from actual patiens here has not been good enough.

As I have had both strip and FUE earlier, and followed this industry for 10 years, I have enough experience to give advice.

Thanks matey, I feel it's the right decision. I should be moving to America in March, so I'll just bust me nuts saving for a while and go with one of the US top guys :) im not in that dire of need to be too upset. Hopefully the propecia will save me for a while haha

He is a good doctor who is capable to achieve terrific results. The issue is rather he has created such a positive reputation that he doesn't have to do as many procedures himself, but hire & allow his peers to perform many HT's. This is kind of how life works. One reputable professions create that image they don't have to work as hard.

We like to sit here and chat about transplants from successful surgeons, but there are so many upcoming doctors, most notably in Turkey who are very affordable and great. They are the primary overseers, however once they become huge they will do the same as these other ones are doing.

This Erdogan doctor is unreal. Unbelievable results. Though probably only a matter of time until the same happens with him. Just how it works unfortunately.

I second your decision , its always better to Cancel any procedure if u r unsure , better than regret , I too feel Much safe now thinking of going to our own US Doctors , becos we can research the ground better and meet real patients AND atleast we know that there is some degree of regulations in the US , and if the doc is Local we can keep visiting the clinic as opposed to just getting a HT and forgetting about it for a year .... I too have changed my mind and am settling for a Local US Doc here , I rather do a FUT with hassan and wong or Dr. Rahal , rather than fall in a Pit with Dr, Hakan Dognany OR Dr. Edrogan , sorry turkey is Not as it used to be !!! The guys have received a Lot of attention lately , so the Mad rush is showing in POOR Results ..... No Turkeey , No India ... No Nowhere .... USA :) here I come

• Like 1

that post made me LOL. it just amazes me how really clueless ppl are. they see a few patients that didn't have great results and now Turkey isn't wat it use to me lol smh... and now ur saying he shud have FUT with H&W or Rahal lmao....

dude plz stop giving poor advice cause u really have no clue wat u are talkn about.

I second your decision , its always better to Cancel any procedure if u r unsure , better than regret , I too feel Much safe now thinking of going to our own US Doctors , becos we can research the ground better and meet real patients AND atleast we know that there is some degree of regulations in the US , and if the doc is Local we can keep visiting the clinic as opposed to just getting a HT and forgetting about it for a year .... I too have changed my mind and am settling for a Local US Doc here , I rather do a FUT with hassan and wong or Dr. Rahal , rather than fall in a Pit with Dr, Hakan Dognany OR Dr. Edrogan , sorry turkey is Not as it used to be !!! The guys have received a Lot of attention lately , so the Mad rush is showing in POOR Results ..... No Turkeey , No India ... No Nowhere .... USA :) here I come

Unfortunately the best FUE guys are in Europe...

From all my reading Rahal, Feller and shapiro are all considered top of the field and are based in the US (and Canada) id consider Basinga too as ive seen some pretty nice results.

that post made me LOL. it just amazes me how really clueless ppl are. they see a few patients that didn't have great results and now Turkey isn't wat it use to me lol smh... and now ur saying he shud have FUT with H&W or Rahal lmao....

dude plz stop giving poor advice cause u really have no clue wat u are talkn about.

BUSA , Shut up , everyone here knows that u r always a Irritating Shit , many have even trashed you ...... do you have no self respect ? Do not behave like a God of HT who knows it all , we come here to Help each other and voice our opinion ..... every boarder lately is Disgusted with this Poster "BUSA"

BUSA , Shut up , everyone here knows that u r always a Irritating Shit , many have even trashed you ...... do you have no self respect ? Do not behave like a God of HT who knows it all , we come here to Help each other and voice our opinion ..... every boarder lately is Disgusted with this Poster "BUSA"

Ah so it isn't just me! Thought I'd rubbed him up the wrong way but I've noticed an unecessary amount of "bigging up" of Turkish Drs from this member, calling people idiots and what not for not going with them :P yet he hasn't gone with one of them himself? Hmm

From all my reading Rahal, Feller and shapiro are all considered top of the field and are based in the US (and Canada) id consider Basinga too as ive seen some pretty nice results.

I would say they are considered a level below the European docs mentioned here. All three are primarily strip surgeons.