FUE Megasessions in one day

Avoid the one day mega scenario. For my first surgery i was originally suppose to have it in two days. The doctor changed it to one day when i got to his office and insisted doing it that way and told me it was safe to do so as his FUE yield percentage was just like his FUT yield. THus, that advice probably was probably one factor in damaging more than half my grafts going to waste and harming my yield greatly.

Hi Sean, this is the problem. What if you are booked in for two days and part way through the extraction the doctor changes the goal posts and advises/insists that it can be done in one day. It is a difficult situation for the patient who is under anaesthetic to argue otherwise, especially as we put our faith in doctors' advice.

Out of interest, to what extent do you think doing it in one day damaged your yield?

Edited by FUE2014

Anyone doing More than 1 HT a day .... is considered a Hair Mill , becos of the Haste and the damage to the grafts due to shortage of time ... Money is the only reason many doctors do 2 surgeries per day , they do not want your hair , they want your MONEY !! Go to doctors who just do 1 procedure and Love their work !

Hi Sean, this is the problem. What if you are booked in for two days and part way through the extraction the doctor changes the goal posts and advises/insists that it can be done in one day. It is a difficult situation for the patient who is under anaesthetic to argue otherwise, especially as we put our faith in doctors' advice.

Out of interest, to what extent do you think doing it in one day damaged your yield?

Because higher # of extractions on your scalp in one day can be tiringfor you and it will take them longer to implant the extracted hairs risking them of cell death. The longer your hairs are outside your body the riskier it is to revive them going back in. Live tissue can only last so long. By doin procedure two days apart you wont risk cell death of your grafts.

Doctor should keep his workd. If they change it it is because they want to save money by not paying their technicians for extra day of labor or they need to use thos techs on other patients the next day. Just be careful, this industry is decieving and screwed up to a point that people can backtrack their policies and business rules. You should have everything in writing and record evidence if you have to so you can suit responsible parties later if need be.

So it sounds like you don't think the doctor will have the patient's best interests at heart by doing it in one day, even if they insist they do.

Yes, for such a large FUE procedure, it should be broken up into two days versus trying to get everything done in a day risking graft yield but allowing doc to be able to cater to other patients to maximize profit. Remember, this industry relies on elaborate marketing, just go to a doc you feel will think of patients interests and will actuallylisten to their patient. If you decide to do FUE, consider manual fue were a doc works on and dedicates one patient at a time. This type of FUE is primarily found in Europe and Turkey.