HT in Canada

Rsilva5

Hi folks,

I am planning to have a FUT in Canada in next few months and needed suggestions as I do my research. I have to decide between Rahal and H&W, both very reputed and best-in-class doctors. Or if not, a nice FUT surgeon south of border.

Does anyone have any feedback on an FUT procedure with either...would be really nice to hear from any recent FUT patients on their experience with these doctors. I am looking for i) how much role the doctor plays in surgery in terms of incisions, extraction and implantation etc, and ii) how is the post-op care offered by these clinics.

Cheers,

RS

Hi there. Had mine in Denver at Colorado transplant center this week. Live in Canada but I couldn't afford our cost. Doctor does the strip and stitching, team does the slits and incisions. I flew back next day but op and post op care was great. Very nice team and took very good care of me.

Both are very good with FUT and both have strong aftercare programs in place. Both also have their doctor removing the strip and making the incisions while the technicians dissect the grafts and place them into the doctor made incisions. There is absolutely no need to travel south of the border. If price is an issue then let them know. Both clinics will work with you on price, to a degree. If you have a flexible schedule then being on a standby list is one way to save. Also, as of this post, the exchange rate will work against you where you will pay 15% more on the dollar.

Thanks for your interest in our clinic. There are a number of patient updates from from both Dr Hasson and Dr Wong to be found in the patient results section. You can also check out the many websites/blogs made by previous patients of the clinic under the share with patients banner at the top of this page.

If you wish to meet with some patients that are local to you let me know. At this stage have you had an in house consultation or made contact with the clinic? Let me know if I can help with any of the above.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I am only three months in from Dr Rahal and i am super happy and would highly recommend him and his team. The guest house is also a huge bonus if this is your first time. It was such a good experience overall.

Are you talking about Amberwood? Yeah heard its good. Did you have FUT or FUE?