Dr. Rahal, 2458 graft FUT on a Norwood 2, 11 mos. post-op

This 31-year-old patient came to us as a Norwood 2. His hair loss had been slowed with medications, but his hairline had still noticeably thinned. He chose Rahal for Dr. Rahal's signature hairline design to frame his face and restore his hair's appearance, and decided on FUT to get a bigger session for a dense, youthful final result. With 2458 grafts harvested for a total of 4704 transplanted hairs (657 singles, 1356 doubles, and 445 triples), the patient's hair 11 months later shows the thick, natural hairline this patient was looking for.

IMG_7179.jpg

tn_IMG_00461.jpg

tn_IMG_0037.jpg

tn_IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_7181.jpg

tn_IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

tn_IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

tn_IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7435.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Definitely refined work! However, I'm wondering if you could share some more details on this case? I know the patient is on finasteride, but it seems like a significant amount of grafts were dedicated to a very small area. Any concern for further loss? Regardless, excellent work!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Definitely refined work! However, I'm wondering if you could share some more details on this case? I know the patient is on finasteride, but it seems like a significant amount of grafts were dedicated to a very small area. Any concern for further loss? Regardless, excellent work!

Yea even I felt the same, too many grafts were dedicated to small area, but maybe he has no family history of hairloss? Who knows?

I hope Rahal Team clears our doubt.

But the work is great no doubt

Ironically when I look at the hairline from the front-on perspective, it almost looks like a female hairline rather than a male hairline. I think this is from how the temples were closed.

I hope is continues to respond and tolerate finasteride. This is a gamble, and only 30 or 40 years will tell. I have seen quite a few aggressive frontal restorations recently here. I wonder if in 10 years instead of talking about plug repairs we will be talking about repairing aggressive hairline and crown transplants.

Kind of surprised you say that. It seems like a very appropriate amount of grafts for that size of a area worked in.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.