Worth it to try just ACell/PRP, and no HT

I have been reading up on ACell/PRP, and it seems to be a pretty interesting procedure.

I am 22, NW4. Have two older brothers, one 27 who is a NW6, and has been pretty bald since 23, and another who is 25, and is a NW5. I am the only one of the three of us to use Finasteride, and if I were to get a HT I'd wait 4-5 more years. However, I have been reading up on ACell/PRP, and it seems to be a nice alternative to people who are on the road to losing their hair, but still have some coverage. This thickens hair, and has the potential to regrow dying hair, similar to that of what Finasteride does except more promise perhaps?

Is this a very expensive procedure? I only ask because I feel like I'd be a good candidate for something like this maybe a year from now. It seems like a good alternative. Thoughts?

Check out some of these images of before/after for some people who ONLY did ACell/PRP

ACell-PRP-Before3.jpg

ACell-PRP-After3.jpg

ACell-PRP-Before2.jpg

ACell-PRP-After2.jpg

HT will also provide you free PRP treatment, Opening the channels over the transplant area brings enough platelets (PRP is Platelet Rich Plasma) to the transplanted area. (Platelets accumulate in the wounds to stop bleeding.) No need to draw your blood to inject more.

Anyway, PRP is big marketing gimmick, Growth Factors from Platelets are not related with hair growth.

Hair growing is continuously ongoing process. Platelets survival time is just 8-9 days, so you need PRP in every 8-9 days lifelong for hair growth. Minoxidil or even Finasteride is better for that, they do not require pinpricks, they are effective and FDA-approved real treatments.

• 4 weeks later...

Is ACELL approved by FDA for such use? Are there any side effects or restrictions?

As far as prp, i think Dr. Wesley had reported positive results in women but i am not certain of its long term effects and if it holds for a while. Not sure if it is permanent and if it creates a drastic improvement. i would evaluate both treatments cautiously. Good luck.