Is my donor area too thin?

Hi,

I've been researching surgeons for a while, decided on FUE, decided on a well respected doctor and I've been on propecia for 4 years.

I've got a major concern though, that my donor area is just too thin.

Would anyone be able to tell me what they think?

P1000992.jpg.1beacd6a86756e50a6ec48096a669afd.jpg

5b32e2e2f0893_P1000993copy.jpg.efdda6fc76fc495a7c34203260245ca3.jpg

P1000977.jpg.76a4d01ba35a8de472265a10d93800f0.jpg

It looks pretty thin, but you need to have a second top notch Dr. check it out as well. Get at least 2 opinions, maybe even 3. Do NOT go to one of the cheap places. They are known to "give it a try" anyway, and that could be a huge mistake.

Find another coalition doc on this site and ask for a consult via phone/Skype first.

I agree with the comment above. It's better to have a reputable and honest doctor check out your donor density, as pictures can be very deceiving and you are wearing your hair quite short in the back. It appears as if though you have quite fine hair; this coupled with the light, may make your hair appear as thinner than it actually is. Have a top recommended doctor evaluate your donor density.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

How old are you? You have a lot of thinning on the sides, and if that is any indication, you may thin in the back donor area which would translate into a lot of your transplanted grafts disappearing.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Quote from Charles R. Swindol

March 14, 2013. 2462 grafts to the crown

Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel in Portland, Oregon

Dr. Gabel's Website

Photos can be very misleading so you should get some more assessments in person. From the photos it does look below average especially at the sides, there are clinics that would operate for sure but I think you need to be seen in person by a few more to get a better overall picture.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

IMO, don't be depressed. Talk to some folks and see what they can do. It may be better than pictures on a forum make it look. You also have a fair amout of hair that you can keep via Finasteride or even Dutasteride. Meds may be your answer, but don't wait long to check them out with a doc.

IMO, don't be depressed. Talk to some folks and see what they can do. It may be better than pictures on a forum make it look. You also have a fair amout of hair that you can keep via Finasteride or even Dutasteride. Meds may be your answer, but don't wait long to check them out with a doc.

Poster states that he's been on Meds 4 yrs.

I agree with most members that just showing pics don't give the full facts.

The only real way is make appointment up with several different HT Drs so they can properly do a scalp test.

Don't be depressed i feel that its not a done deal for you.

Like garageland said there will be some Drs out there who will do it for you but don't jump in because they tell you what you want to hear......seek out several HT Drs first.

Carry on taking your Meds you still have a mop of hair & no reason you can loose what you got now.

Keep us posted you be fine.

Best wishes.