Some advice?

Hu guys,

Long time thiner sadly!

I have been on fin and minox foam for what feels like a life time 6-7years, i have spoken with a few clnincs and would just like to see what you lot say.

Idealy i am looking to have fue into the temple areas, this will give a more normal hair line so i can grow it out without it lookin silly.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on this, i know that it would ber silly to try and sort the thining on the crow at this stage.... at a later date;)

5b32e2ac86736_photo3.JPG.a789973cd945ca95bbdde712a29a6899.JPG

5b32e2ac9f8d3_photo2.JPG.fb8ce858dc13cca18fc662452a03cd8c.JPG

5b32e2acb515e_photo2(1).JPG.fcc353b4f0391cbc6c2ccd910cc77801.JPG

5b32e2acc8408_photo1(3).JPG.d94414d0749f5036c4276fe30db39f7c.JPG

5b32e2acd8f94_photo1(1).JPG.2baae3fe2de351af96d7d7280628186a.JPG

Hey mate!

Can I ask how old you are?

Your hair looks to be in pretty good shape, do you have any ore Fin photos?

I can see how you be concerned about the temporal areas, do you have photos of this section lifted up? Cheers!

MIKE.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

It is a bit hard to say since all of your pics are from the top. You appear from your pictures to still be in good shape. If your hair is stable at this point and you believe it will stay that way , then it may be ok to move ahead with the HT. If that is not the case I would recommend that you wait out your first HT as long as possible rather than going trough the process again a few years later. I am sure the result will help you, but I would think long and hard and make sure you know what your getting into.

There is a long healing process to consider. Also you need to consider what you might go through as part of the process to get the results you are looking for. These may include potentially having to shave down if you want FUE, the healing process and ugly duckling stage and also the shock loss that may occur.

I am not saying that you should not do it now, only you can decide that, I am just saying that you should take the time to consider the road you are going down before you go. It is a long road, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

hi guys and thanks for the replys.

I am 28, and have been fighting since 22ish.

the main areas are the temples and the bit behind the island, as i think its mega thin...

I normaly have a grade one on the sides and a good trim on top so the fue shave is not too bad.

I agree with Muso - Can you take us some photos of your hairline from the front with the temple/front area lifted up? That would give us a better idea of what you're dealing with as far as your recession goes. Based on the pictures, you seem to be in pretty good shape to me as well.

New pictures pending, it does seem that you could be somewhat in the same boat I was in (though my MPB was quite a bit more advanced than yours). I had 2,000 grafts done (FUE) about 3 1/2 months ago and ended up doing the buzz cut post op. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and it goes by quick... And in the end, worth every second.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in responding to this.

Well i had a quick trip up today and thought id share the pics with you:

As you can see, flat it looks ok, wet.... its a bloody mess lol

Any way im wating to get a UK consult with DR Basisnga just so he can have a look up close and give some advice on what his hands can do with this...

Thanks in advance for any advice

IMG_0027.jpg.ed0180255621667f9cbbb7414ecb0244.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg.a83ae1f20c96d01a4a8cde710b329b70.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg.13d7bffd647fbff6b105d036de8b661b.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg.dbeb91983fb95d1b700c9c2afc7acced.jpg

Thanks for the new pics, and it's good to hear you scheduled a consultation to see what the doctor has to say. The updated pictures definitely give a more accurate depiction of your hair loss, and hopefully you'll be able to get a good idea of how your hair loss may progress at your consultation so you can come up with a proper plan of attack. :cool:

I will say it's quite remarkable how much better your hair looks when it's dry as opposed to wet. That's a nice little trick you'll be able to keep up your sleeves. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It is a bit hard to say since all of your pics are from the top. You appear from your pictures to still be in good shape. If your hair is stable at this point and you believe it will stay that way , then it may be ok to move ahead with the HT. If that is not the case I would recommend that you wait out your first HT as long as possible rather than going trough the process again a few years later. I am sure the result will help you, but I would think long and hard and make sure you know what your getting into.

There is a long healing process to consider. Also you need to consider what you might go through as part of the process to get the results you are looking for. These may include potentially having to shave down if you want FUE, the healing process and ugly duckling stage and also the shock loss that may occur.

I am not saying that you should not do it now, only you can decide that, I am just saying that you should take the time to consider the road you are going down before you go. It is a long road, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree with this post. HT is a major commitment, and that major commitment does not seem to match with your minor hair loss at this point.

How would you gage your Fin after several yrs of use?

Do you feel & look its still effective for you & your MPB?

What is your Family history for MPB from mums & dads side?

Have you tryed Rogain?

I'm trying to stear you away from HT as A your still yound & B more hair loss could come in the future.

Like OP said you still look in good shape from what I can see.

Don't be to keen to jump into HT.

HT will always be there this year next year & proberly the next 10 yrs.

Have a few meetings with HT. Drs but don't rush into esp at your age dude.

Oh yep.....another option if you feel Fin is not doing so well for you then maybe just maybe you could ip your dose or try avodart / Dus which is a stronger drug.

Again speak with the HT Docs & go from there.

Just trying to be helpful

Wish you all the best.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys.

Some memers of the family are thining, some are not... 10 kids about a 50/50 all the same

parents.

i do understand that i would need to shave for fue, i do shave it all when i can be bothered but i do not like the look now its so thin on top.

I would have said that i had very slowly lost on fin, so may need to jump on dut such as sujested.

I do know that 1x3000 grafts will not be the only lot i need in my lifeif i did go down this rout.