extremely worried - kindly provide feedback

htrocks

thankyou for the feedback. I did not see so much shock loss with my first HT. with the second one Its alot.

i consulted the doctor and He said that due to the second HT and the scalp being streched tight this might be expected. how ever I havent sent him recent pictures yet. 2 to 3 weeks ago half of it was still available in the past 2 - 3 weeks i lost pretty much all of it.

on positivie side , I see lot of tiny bumps looks, I am hoping they are the new hairs ready to break out but I am crossing my fingers.

Regards,

htrocks

My Hair GROWTH Website :):):)

Ht rocks,

I am sorry to see the amount of shock loss that you have had you should contact your Doctor with these latest photos. I personally haven't seen anything quite as severe as this in the past but have seen some quite severe shock loss that has fully regrown.

I see no reason why yours would not be the same and regrow fully. I expect it will be 4-5 months before you are back to normal again. Try not to worry although I am sure it is not easy.

Please keep the forum up to date on your progress.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

one of the many downsides to FUT which is why I tell ppl to use caution when haven a second FUT procedure if u have limited scalp laxity but thats hard to tell till u actually have the procedure.

most of it shud grow back but unfortunately ur probably gonna be left with a very visible scar cause the hairs that come back won't be that strong around the scar where blood supply is limited.

ull likely have to seek out an FUE doctor to fill in that FUT scar which has stretched pretty bad. good luck.

htrocks,

I know how you feel man. I to just had my second HT just a little over two months ago and suffer from what i think is also shock loss. I had little to none with my first procedure.

I was also worried and consulted my doctor. He assured me that it was normal and to give it some more time. I trust my Doc so hang in there and stay strong!

• 4 weeks later...

I went in for HT#2, after 3 years of doing HT#1. I got a very good result from HT#1.

Hoping for great result from the HT#2. and praying that nothing goes wrong in recovery and growing phase.

Graft Count

Total - 3270

1's - 860

2's- 1430

3's - 980

I have updated the blog with following pictures. kindly review and comment.

HT#2 day before OP

HT#2 before trimming hair pre op

HT#2 after trimming hair pre op

HT#2 post OP

HT#2 Day#1 After 1st head wash at clinic

HT#2 2 wks after post op

HT#2 2 wks after post op - Misc Shockloss

Regards,

htrocks

thankyou for your time KO. Feeling much better.

I hope by new year 2015 ,I will be posting only positive growth pics.

local HT doctor (not the one who performed my HT) advised me to come and see him in another 1 month. He wanted to see the growth, if it doesnt kick in by then, I could opt for "ACell + PRP" treatment.

Regards,

htrocks

• 1 month later...
the scar has already stretched which may even widen further depending on scalp tightness

wow that is some scar...

what year was your first HT and did the doctor use tricho-closure?

I have had 2 FUT procedures and have a virtually undetectable scar.

Happy to see your situation improving!

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.