Dr Rahal FUT result 2516 grafts

404hairnotfound

"Dr Rahals suggestion that the patient was a poor choice for FUT was spot on."

That doesn't matter. What matters is if 404hairnotfound was told before his surgery that he would have an on the fence chance of success or if he was told after his surgery when the result turned out bad. Nothing else matters.

"Sir you must understand that FUE was also developed for poor laxity patients"

Where do you get your information, a cereal box? FUE was invented to avoid the smiley face like the one on my own head. Do you think a bunch of strip surgeons were sitting around trying to figure out how to get more hair on patients that have tight scalps and someone suddenly came up with FUE?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

My wife and I just had a new baby so I have been preoccupied and did not get a chance to update at the 15 month mark, though I did take photos and will post them now to give you an update on my situation.

A few quick shots from the front:

http://i.imgur.com/Hfkz2hN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qg7DaMv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VIA2VvZ.jpg

So the good news is that the situation has clearly improved since the 12 month mark. While still not 50% density, it is clearly an improvement from a few months ago and I would consider it cosmetically viable at this point.

I have jumped back on Minoxidil recently and have been going through the dreaded Minoxidil shedding phase so currently my hairline looks a bit worse than these 15 month pictures indicate. I am hoping that the foam version (sans propylene glycol) is better tolerated this time with fewer side effects. Hopefully the addition of minoxidil will push the perceived density of the hair closer to 50%. Minoxidil is the only medication that I am currently taking for my hair loss.

I will update again sometime between the 18 - 21 month mark.

2516 grafts FUT - Dr. Rahal Sept 2013

1523 grafts FUT - Dr. Rahal Feb 2016

4039 total grafts

I was hoping to see an update but it appears I was right, 404 has left the building. Its been two weeks and nothing. He was posting quite often before "the call".

If you see this, 404, I feel for ya. Please come back and update us on your progress.

Hey muscleheadofhair, just want to be clear that I didn't abandon ship after my call with Dr. Rahal, I have just been busy with life :)

The situation is slowly improving, and I am committed to sticking it out for a little longer to see what the 'final' result is like before drawing conclusions.

Rahal has been very dedicated to make sure that I am satisfied in the end. Unfortunately this game is not an exact science and everybody's physiology is a bit different when it comes to hair growth. I think what sets clinics like Rahal apart is how they deal with patients when things don't quite go as expected.

4039 total grafts

Hey, congratulations, I hope you will prove slow (late) growing is possible. And some posters will learn how ridicilous to advise refund to anybody who had some insufficient result just after 7-8 months.

The most important thing is your satisfaction and happiness regardless any result shown in the pictures. Only this proves success of the operation.

Wish very abundant growing and maturity in the following months. And please send your pictures with H&W style of combing, it always looks nice.

Looks soooo much better than your 12-month. Good comeback! Hopefully more to come, but must a be a huge relief after a frustrating period. TE must have been the right diagnosis. Thanks for continuing to post. - this is a very relevant case to understand as this could happen to anyone, especially if quitting Minoxidil may have triggered the TE.

No one said that slow growing was BS; only that it's wheeled out too many times to excuse shoddy work.

Clearly there's been improvement in this patient's result but is it a result that puts you in mind of Rahal, the hairline king?

My answer would have to be "Hell, no"

No one said that slow growing was BS; only that it's wheeled out too many times to excuse shoddy work.

Clearly there's been improvement in this patient's result but is it a result that puts you in mind of Rahal, the hairline king?

Please read my post again carefully, and notice I agree with you for that matter.

Just I emphasize again, (we discussed about it before), we should wait at least 15-18 months to ask for a refund. And, I am not opposite of refund. But I say, doctor mistake or malpractise should be proven before. At least we should hear doc. opinion and explanation, I think doctors will do this after this time, not before. We should totally eliminate time factor before ask for refund.

And here good doctor-patient relasionship seems to be established again, thats the good news and important.

Edited by fisher4man
some adding

A couple more higher resolution pics (click the image to see full size)

http://i.imgur.com/ab38VKu.jpg (straight 'head on' angle)

http://i.imgur.com/m5nkZxT.jpg

The hair is longer in these pictures than the 12 month pictures which allows me to utilize some creative styling to make the density appear fuller. Styling the front up/back makes it look fuller.

4039 total grafts

Please read my post again carefully, and notice I agree with you for that matter.

Just I emphasize again, (we discussed about it before), we should wait at least 15-18 months to ask for a refund. And, I am not opposite of refund. But I say, doctor mistake or malpractise should be proven before. At least we should hear doc. opinion and explanation, I think doctors will do this after this time, not before. We should totally eliminate time factor before ask for refund.

And here good doctor-patient relasionship seems to be established again, thats the good news and important.

I would not ask him for a refund as the work was done and I do have an improvement from what I had before. Though I would ask him to do a touch up session to fill things in if there is not that much improvement in the next few months.

4039 total grafts

Cryingoutloud, yes while this does not strike me as a typical 'Rahal' class result for more than 2500 grafts packed into the frontal 1/3rd it is an improvement over what I started with, as I now have some semblance of a forelock which I did not have before as the new pics show. Hopefully a few more months and some Minoxidil is needed for things to get better. Edited by 404hairnotfound

4039 total grafts

I spoke with Dr. Rahal for an hour on the phone and he has made a few things apparent to me that give a clearer picture of what is happening with my hair.

The other issue he told me about is that my hair characteristics are not the most ideal for hair transplantation. Because of my very fine hair and poor donor density, Dr. Rahal said that I am one of those "on the fence" patients, where the result could go either way and it is impossible to predict the outcome. My hair caliber is very fine, and combining that with the relatively low number of 3's and zero 4's that were extracted, it is hard to create an illusion of density with very fine hair and mainly 1's and 2's.

Did he tell you that before you gave him thousands of dollars and before he cutted skin out of your head, or only now??

First off 404 congrats on the birth of your kiddie.

there's a definite improvement so looking much better and hopefully the minoxidi will add a little more to the final result.

Have a good day

Thank you 1966kph! Hopefully he didn't inherit his dad's hair! lol

4039 total grafts

404 I'm a bit confused; you seem to be content with the outcome and happy with Dr Rahal's work overall, but the title of this thread "Dr Rahal disappointing FUT result" suggests otherwise?
The thread was started back in September around 12 months post op. I've recently added a 15 month update. My results at 15 months are an improvement over 12 months.

http://i.imgur.com/VIA2VvZ.jpg (more a couple pages back)

I was not able to edit the first post anymore or change the thread title so that likely adds to the confusion.

4039 total grafts

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully people will see the true definition of the 12-18 month maturation. It's a thing!

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*